Unlimited access >

Bullied by Other Boarder

Unfortunately, the only option seems to be to get out of there ASAP. And I would not tell anyone where you’re going, just in case the crazy chick tries to pull anything related to your new place. Maybe let the BOs know you’d be interested in returning in the future if she ever leaves and truly stays gone. But on the other hand, if they let this one walk all over them there’s no guarantee that a similar situation won’t arise again.

9 Likes

I agree that the problem is bigger than the one boarder. It’s also with the elderly owners who can’t or won’t step up to the plate and manage the barn. This will come out on multiple ways if you stay. Who knows what the back story is? She could be a distant relative or friends daughter that they want to “help.” Clearly she has priority. Go now.

2 Likes

Barn drama gets out of control when there’s no BM/ BO to rein the drama in. Leave now! Especially when it’s self care.

7 Likes

Don’t mess with crazy. Seriously. As uncompassionite as this may come across there are people out there that are unfortunately just flat out dangerous due to their mental issues.

2 Likes

I would NEVER lock my horses in a stall. Crazy or no crazy, please don’t do that. You’ve got a camera in the stall, that has to be enough until you move.

5 Likes

I would contact barns and ask for an emergency board situation and be moved this the end of this weekend. Someone who steals and jokes about horses getting loose is not a safe person. This is self care and there’s no accountability. On the way out the door id let the owners know you’d love to discuss future boarding opportunities if she leaves but you cannot risk the safety of your horse.

10 Likes

Cameras won’t help after the horse has been hit by car :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Stop negotiating with this situation and leave.

4 Likes

Baking my horse in a fire because someone can’t open the stall door is a horror show.

2 Likes

I have a camera that records and allows me live view, I wouldn’t lock a horse in their stall for a variety of reasons, ever. The lock on my pasture has a code not key so the owner or anyone could get in if need be when I’m not there with a simple phone call or text to me. I’m checking out places to move to, I think we at least all agree on that. Thanks much for the input every one!

8 Likes

same for us, we have digital padlocks that we can change the combination. We use these to allow those of who want to come or allow to come to have access (mainly thinking of vet)

byproduct is my daughter set the combination for her birthday so I would not forget her birthday (once again)

10 Likes

Yes, move, but in the meantime, why doesn’t this person bother the other boarder? When she joked with you about your horses running loose, did she get rewarded with more drama (understandable, but… just feeds her), or if it happened again, could you say, “Boarder, that is not funny and not appropriate. Do not ever pull that with me again.” “Boarder, you watch your language. If you need to swear, do it out of the earshot of my children.” What do you mean by millionth chance?

What would happen if you stood up to crazy boarder in person, preferably with witnesses, and said, “Boarder, after last week when you tipped over my feed buckets, I do not want you near my horses, or near my stuff. If anything happens to my horses or any of my property, including tipping over my feed buckets or putting other horses in my stalls, I am going to ask the police to investigate you first. Do not come near my horses or my things. Do not lie to me about other people or horses in this barn. Do I make myself clear?” Maintain eye contact and act like the lead mare. Then let the BOs and other boarders know you had this little talk with her, so they can back you up.

7 Likes

I know you like the place & all. For me personally, it could be the equestrian equivalent of the apartment building with the 1960’s rental price Seinfeld episode, and I would still be gone. Yesterday.

I believe the OP said she padlocked the pasture

3 Likes

The first time she got real inappropriate in front of my daughter and I abruptly and firmly said “EXCUSE me? Do you mind?” She laughed and said “oh sorry, forgot”. Then five minutes later was back at it. I believe she doesn’t act this way towards the other two boarders because they were there with their horses before her. Although they are aware they she has taken brushes, halters, etc of theirs, over the period that she has been there. Like I mentioned, one of them is more elderly and I think gets a kick out of the drama she brings. I had spoken with them about this all and that was my plan, to stop her in the barn and talk to her about her behavior before going to the BO, but she had showed up strung out acting ridiculous in front of my kiddo and her young friends before I had the chance, then at that point I just lost it and went straight to the BO and said I’m leaving. Anyways, the plan is to go and it looks like I’ve found a place with an opening on the first that will be a good fit. :+1:

6 Likes

Yes, leave. It sounds like the owners are not willing or able to step in and manage the place, and the other boarders enable her. If Miss Meth disappeared, other problems would arise without competent barn owners. Go.

3 Likes

You’re not being “bullied.” The woman is nuts or high.

It’s not exactly rocket surgery: move.

7 Likes

I believe you mean “rocket science” since I’m not aware of what rocket surgery is. There is no need to be rude, my original post I stated obviously best option is to move.

4 Likes

“Rocket surgery” = JOKE.

Yeesh.

14 Likes

Made me laugh! To the OP, move as soon as you can. There’s no to be stressed like this over a fellow boarder, I did it and even after the nut got kicked out, I moved asap. Best thing I ever did.

3 Likes