Unlimited access >

Cactuskate memorial ad in COTH info... the quick version!

So the information doesn’t get buried on the other threads, I’m reposting Heidi’s info here:

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heidi:
Serendipity, I bet you could contest me easily for Uber-goddess status. Though, you aren’t Canadian, or a Swiss goat herder, and I do believe they’re pre-requisites.

Okay, administratively, please note:

-As Erin pointed out in her email, the ad will make Kathy’s BB family feel good but a donation to a charity may help someone else to feel good.

To that end, I’d like to propose that we book a half page 2-colour ad ($862) and donate the balance of what’s collected to a charity of Kathy’s family’s choice or an equine rescue.

-Cheques should be made out personally to Erin (for the Americans) and to me (Canadians) so that we can cut exact amount cheques for the ad space and a charity. Whatever I collect from the Americans will be converted to a USD money order for either COTH and/or a charity. Erin will cut similar cheques.

-Americans, please email Erin for her mailing address:
erin@chronofhorse.com

-Canadians, please email me for my address and ‘real name’ ( ) :
heidi278@rogers.com

Lisamarie, could you email me also so that we can coordinate the logistics - i.e. booking of ad space, etc.

Delighted, I’d bet you that Kathy’s husband or family would love a drawing of the photo posted of Kathy in the showring.

I am so wonderfully happy and proud to be a member of this BB family.

[This message was edited by Erin on Apr. 17, 2002 at 12:18 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See this thread for the full story:

Celebrating Cactuskate: I’d like to propose a group ad in COTH

So the information doesn’t get buried on the other threads, I’m reposting Heidi’s info here:

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heidi:
Serendipity, I bet you could contest me easily for Uber-goddess status. Though, you aren’t Canadian, or a Swiss goat herder, and I do believe they’re pre-requisites.

Okay, administratively, please note:

-As Erin pointed out in her email, the ad will make Kathy’s BB family feel good but a donation to a charity may help someone else to feel good.

To that end, I’d like to propose that we book a half page 2-colour ad ($862) and donate the balance of what’s collected to a charity of Kathy’s family’s choice or an equine rescue.

-Cheques should be made out personally to Erin (for the Americans) and to me (Canadians) so that we can cut exact amount cheques for the ad space and a charity. Whatever I collect from the Americans will be converted to a USD money order for either COTH and/or a charity. Erin will cut similar cheques.

-Americans, please email Erin for her mailing address:
erin@chronofhorse.com

-Canadians, please email me for my address and ‘real name’ ( ) :
heidi278@rogers.com

Lisamarie, could you email me also so that we can coordinate the logistics - i.e. booking of ad space, etc.

Delighted, I’d bet you that Kathy’s husband or family would love a drawing of the photo posted of Kathy in the showring.

I am so wonderfully happy and proud to be a member of this BB family.

[This message was edited by Erin on Apr. 17, 2002 at 12:18 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See this thread for the full story:

Celebrating Cactuskate: I’d like to propose a group ad in COTH

I’d really love to send money, but I’m a very broke junior. Actually, I think I owe like $20.

~Erin B #1
I’m pink, therefore I’m ham. -Miss Piggy

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zimt:
I think a memorial is a great idea, and not to poo-poo the original person’s idea, but IMHO an ad in a paper is a short-lived thing.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to disagree. I think an ad with that picture of Cactuskate wearing her oxygen and sitting on her horse might be an inspiration to lots of people who read the Chronicle but aren’t on this BB. I love that idea. It’s like sending little ripples of hope out into the world.

I know I was…so I’m giving this a BUMP so that when everyone gets in for the evening and gets up tomorrow morning they will see it…

MCL

Not too late!

I will probably try to post a status report by the end of the week, but it will be a few weeks before I have to pay for the ad and send the rest to charity. So there’ll be plenty of time.

Again, if you have emailed me for my address and haven’t gotten a reply, please email me again. I know I already missed one person the first time around (sorry maggymay!)

And if you haven’t emailed me yet, it’s not too late!

Please count me in, too!–Erin, you have e-mail.

Think of the time you spend helping out at your local clique organized volunteer day!

Keep Cactuskate and “our” Patriot in your mind and enjoy the feeling of having made a difference.

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world, indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Mead

Erin, my check is in the mail to you!

I think that donating the “extra” to a charity is a great idea. I wonder if we could send it to the BB’s Rescue horse at EPONA? That way they have funds to cover some of his rehab expenses/surgery. Just a thought.

Member of the VA/DC/MD clique.

Agreed diffinitely the picture of Kate with her tanks…Says it all

I will send you a cheque this week, and I am sending an olde Paul Brown book to ETBW today and she is also sending you a cheque for the book. In memory of Cactuskate

Thanks Erin - my check is in the mail!!!

Everyone please keep us posted as to the design of the ad! Can’t wait to see it!

Sully’s Brag Page

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” - Will Rogers

I think a memorial is a great idea, and not to poo-poo the original person’s idea, but IMHO an ad in a paper is a short-lived thing.

$862 is a lot - it could go a lot further than that at say a horse rescue place, or a cancer charity.

JMHO

My check is in the mail today. Please use how you see fit.

could someone re-post or redirect me to the picture?

with an address to send a check to. I can’t send much, but I do want to send something. Thank you.

Member Of The Texas Clique & BEQS

I always thinks this looks much nicer than just white space or reversed text.

Bumping up, for those who are just now reading the other threads.

And if you email me and don’t get a reply back in a few hours, please send another note. I get a lot of email on a daily basis, and when switching back and forth between my home and work computers, things can sometimes get overlooked.

The post man may get suspicious that you are running a mail order service from your home!

Maybe we should alert the IRS that there is a scam going on at your apartment…all those checks made out to you…may be TAXABLE!!!

OR…you may just take a really nice vacation after you con John into doing the ad for free

Just daydreaming…

One more bump for the Monday morning crowd!

Don’t worry that you’re “too late”… I’m sure it will be a couple of weeks before we send the balance of contributions to a charity. Plenty o’ time!

And a sincere, heartfelt thanks to those of you who have already emailed me and sent your checks. I’ll wait a couple of days to post a status report, since I have a feeling the bulk of the checks will probably be coming today! My mailman is going to be very suspicious.

Picture is attached. And for those coming in really late, here’s the thread that explains what happened:

Cactuskate