Can I vent? Mental illness...

Just wanted to give a quick (and good!) update…this new doc is something else! Although I haven’t seen her in person again I talked to her on the phone several times and we’ve worked out some kinks in my medication. She is so thorough and concerned it is amazing.

The amytriptaline is really helping, both with my sleep (I can actually sleep deeply through the night and wake up feeling refreshed, it is amazing), and with the physical pain I was in. It’s funny, I’d gotten so used to hurting all the time I just accepted it as a fact of life, but now that I’m not waking up in pain all the time and having it just get worse throughout the day, I can tell the difference. I’ve been getting so much more done. I feel like I’m back at my old energy levels, or close to it.

I’ve also nearly eliminated gluten from my diet and I think it is making a difference. Now my diet is almost entirely fruits, veggies, and meat, although I do eat yogurt in the morning and will occasionally have a hamburger or something when I’m working away from the farm and forget to bring my lunch. :uhoh: But I think it is helping a lot.

Things aren’t all sunshine and roses but the difference in the last month or so has been amazing. Now just to see if it continues… :wink:

EXCELLENT ~ ENJOY ~

EXCELLENT ~ JINGLES & AO ~ Always Optimistic ~~ :D:cool:

Cosmonster it’s good to hear you’re feeling better!

Sunshine Jingles for Conmonster ~ so glad you are feeling better ~ Congratulations and ENJOY ~~~ Jingles & AO Alway Optimistic ~

I read some of the posts and wanted to add that I found a book about eating for your blood type. It seems to have worked for me but I have friends who’ve said it didn’t work for them, so, go figger. Also, I’ve heard that a blood type can change and what used to be good for them, now isn’t. I don’t know about that either. Personally, I can’t do wheat stuff any more. Also, there is something about lectin but can’t remember what it is. Maybe that had something to do with wheat. Also, the pesticides came thru on some of the things I was eating. I used to think it was bunkum but now am a believer. I always look for organic and it’s pretty easy to find nowadays.

I read up on my blood type and it fits me to a ‘t’. I have felt that depressed, draggy feeling also. Modified my diet somewhat, not whole hog as the book wants, and I feel much better.

Boss Yoga will help.

B12, D, D-Ribose and L-Tryptophan!!!

Sorry to hear your story but I do know how you feel. For the energy, D-Ribose was my salvation. It is a sugar that really helps with energy and it is actually good for your heart muscles especially. So don’t think of it as a regular sugar at all. I get a large gallon jar from Nutra-Bio.com because it is cheaper but your health food store will have it.

Also B-12 is super important for depression! I take 2000-3000 mg per day!!!

D is important but I haven’t noticed a huge effect myself.

But Tryptophan is really important and effective for me and I take anti-depressants as well. My doctor said adding it was fine and it realy really helps.

Good luck!

as a another pro in the industry, you should NOT post this here. This will get around within the horse world.

Dzwina, people need to realize there is no difference between a physical ailment and a mental one. The tabu formerly put on those with the latter is old news. Anyone who would think less of this person is an uneducated lump. Trust me, the “industry” or the “horse world” has far better things to gossip about.

CosMonster, continued healing and keep the faith.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff

[QUOTE=Dzwina;5271118]
as a another pro in the industry, you should NOT post this here. This will get around within the horse world.[/QUOTE]

I would fully support CosMonster with my business. I’d rather deal with someone who is working on their stuff that we ALL have to one degree or another.

And, frankly, any horse person that has an issue with what CosMonster has openly shared or who is willing to form their opinions on gossip, nastiness and ignorance probably not someone she wants to do business with anyway.

Good grief, step into the 21st century. This isn’t the 50’s.

I suffer with bouts of depession. I am bipolar myself.

One thing that really keeps me going is the horses. I think about how disappointed they would be. My mare absolutely loves being ridden, althought she can only handle a half hour walk, and my yearling “needs” his carrors and brushings. I dont like to guilt myself into going to the barn though.

If the horses arent fun for you anymore you should find a way to make them fun, or do find other activies that you think, or know will make you happy.

Its tough, but you definatly arent alone at all. Have you thought about joining any type of adult mental illness group in your area? See if your local hospital/ outreach program has anything.

AMEN!!!

[QUOTE=sketcher;5273760]
I would fully support CosMonster with my business. I’d rather deal with someone who is working on their stuff that we ALL have to one degree or another.

And, frankly, any horse person that has an issue with what CosMonster has openly shared or who is willing to form their opinions on gossip, nastiness and ignorance probably not someone she wants to do business with anyway.

Good grief, step into the 21st century. This isn’t the 50’s.[/QUOTE]

I would never refuse to use a trainer because he or she was diabetic or suffered from MS or Fibromyalgia. Mental illness should not have a stigma attatched to it. It is a disease!