Unlimited access >

Can one Buy Trust Level Two?

Looking at the Trust Levels… Trust Level Two with its ignore ability is desirable but this process of Earning It is not likely to occur with me… So is this Perk for Sale?

Trust Level 2 comes with a few perks like the ability to ignore a user. To achieve TL2, a user must:

• Visit at least 7 days, not sequentially
  • Cast at least 1 like
  • Reply to at least 3 different topics
  • Enter at least 20 topics
  • Read at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

Levels are not really directed to legitimate posters, but spammers.
Seems that spammers follow certain posting behaviors and the requirements for entry level posters address those directly, so less spammers to spend time fighting off.

I too think they are silly and a hindrance to so many older posters just chiming here initially, I agree with you.

We have complained about that and told those levels are flexible, they can be changed as desired and they were working on it.
Another response was, only the first two levels are relevant to most posters, disregard further ones.
Also that they were very easy to attain, more than it looks reading about them, which seems, like you noticed, burdensome.

Will see what others think, good question to revisit regularly, I think.

No, you can’t buy it.

Visiting seven days won’t be hard, clanter! I know you’re here all the time! Don’t be shy! :grin:

1 Like

I just moved up to level 2 by accident in the last day or two with no planning, so I don’t think it must be too hard to do.

2 Likes

All those things are a lot easier to do than you might think. Pop in here once a day, like a post, reply with “I couldn’t agree more” or “what a great idea”, click into 20 topics in the Category (forum) of your choice. Heck, click into the big New Forum Fun thread in this Category and you can easily “read” 100 posts.

60 minutes reading can be done in a few sessions of having your phone/computer open and just occasionally scrolling along.

3 Likes

I may be pretty close to level 2 thanks to posting in Tech Help several times. And I wasn’t even trying. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You’re already there! Not hard at all :grin::grin:

Replying here just to fulfill requirements. :wink:

4 Likes

Anybody who is remotely active should be able to clear those requirements easily. The numbers add up over time - they don’t have to be done all at once. My level went up today, after a week, the shortest possible period thanks to the 7 days of visiting requirement.

3 Likes

You are much more active than I am & I was bumped up to level 2 on my 7th day of visiting the forum.
So it’s not hard to achieve, even when one isn’t trying to.

5 Likes

I got a message about it when I logged in today. I just ignored it.

Where are these “trust levels” described? Is there a place to check which of the criteria we have met?

In the FAQ :slight_smile:

You can check your level in your profile. I can see that you are trust level 2 (listed as “member.”)

1 Like

Now I am confused, becuase I have NOT “cast at least one like” on this platform, though I probably HAVE done the others.

Likes were imported from the previous board. Maybe they count here.

@Janet

I dropped the Likes given and rec’d requirement for Trust Level 2 to zero, so it was a lower bar to achieve because community members were eager to have access to the ability to block another user, which is the only real difference for TL2. Sorry for the confusion.

@Simkie I just updated the FAQ to reflect that change.

3 Likes

Me too.

1 Like

Told ya! :smile:

I don’t really want to block anyone. I “muted” a person as far as PMs are concerned but they are an infrequent poster that is a bit of a loon and tends to use PMs to say strange things.
I’m not really sure what “trust level 2” offers besides the ignore function.
I think perhaps our collective feelings were hurt. We were not trusted! After all these years! :flushed: :smiley: :smile

I go this message, doesn’t say what trust level I’ve earned, asked me to reply to @ForumAssistant, I guess I don’t know how to reply, thought I did but haven’t seen or received anything to say or show how to get started.

system

2d

Now that you’ve been promoted, it’s time to learn about some advanced features!

Reply to this message with @ForumAssistant start advanced tutorial to find out more about what you can do.

We invite you to keep getting involved – we enjoy having you around.

Will I lose that trust level if I don’t visit as much anymore? This isn’t easy for those not computer tech inclined, this is the only forum I use. I’m not sure making me to do things to earn my trust as a means to keep spammers out is maybe not the best way of achieving the goal???