Can someone tell me what this device is?

Can you find a pic of this thing? If so, what is it called?

I would think OP doesn’t know what it’s called but has described the device. Still doesn’t answer the question of what the device is - title of thread.

10 Likes

Wait, what? I thought pic was from the ever so popular Barisone thread. Didn’t you link to an instagram page?

I read the Barisone threads but I don’t recall it being discussed what the device is or it’s purpose. I’d like to know. Enlighten me, please.

11 Likes

Wow.
You win the award for making assumptions galore here.

It could be that the OP saw the photo somewhere else.

Reminder, the OP went thru the trouble of edited the photo just to show the device.

No one is talking about this woman in this thread but you.

The rest of us are trying to understand this device.
Because that is what the thread is about.

24 Likes

It starts somewhere around post 7413, I think - maybe a little before. My brain is bleeding scrolling through that thread but there are literally hundreds of posts about this device, what is it, why it sucks, etc.

So, instead of starting a whole new thread with vague hints as to the trainer and legitimizing them by indicating where they winter, OP could have just… read the thread.

What is to you why I started this thread? I wanted to know what the device was called.

You know, it says a lot about you that you felt the need to out the rider, when I had taken pains to try to keep her from being identified because I didn’t want this thread to turn into another discussion about HER.

It says even more about you that you then felt the need to chastise me for starting the thread, when YOU are the one who outed her.

And you are wrong - I have never been on LK’s boyfriend’s Instagram account. For that matter, I don’t use IG at all. Where I saw this photo is my own business.

23 Likes

Here you go. Hundreds of posts about it. Screen shots of the insta video. The full picture of the horse in the device. What else could you possibly want other than validation of your “scuttlebutt”?

1 Like

Well here, I’ll give you the link too. Maybe that will validate the gossip you reference.

Hundreds of posts!

No one except the Mods tell me what to post or not post. As long as it doesn’t interfere with the forum rules, I will post what I please. If you are offended by my post, then stop reading it. It’s really a quite simple solution.

17 Likes

Reminder, you didn’t need to know what this device is, which is the title of the thread. You knew exactly what it was, how it worked, and that it’s cruel. You even underhanded implied how much the rider sucked.

Did you mean to ask what it was called? Because I don’t think they sell such a thing - you have to fabricate it yourself.

2 Likes

@Mod1 - sorry to bother you, but can you please advise if I broke any rules on this thread?

Someone is mightily upset for some reason.

10 Likes

Is there a Full Moon?

Some of these threads lately are alittle … Wow.

Just asking for the mare down at the next stall.

:horse:

25 Likes

I doubt you did, but seeing as how you participated in the LK thread I’ve linked, literally 3 posts the photo you cropped to make this post, I still question -

Why did you make this thread? And why are you suddenly so mortally offended that people remember where the device and photo came from?

1 Like

Why do you care?

:racehorse: :wind_face:

9 Likes

Methinks the lady dost protest too much. Perhaps she also uses this device and is outraged that someone is questioning its appropriateness. :wink:

14 Likes

So weird… the OP already answered that question for you.

14 Likes

I appreciate this thread as I hadn’t seen it elsewhere. We don’t all read all threads and sometimes we walk away from threads before the discussion has ended.

26 Likes

It’s more the outrage that someone remembered where the photo came from, and this bizarre obligation to stay hush hush about it… when the OP is the one talking about the “scuttlebutt” going around.

Totally strange!

And no, @DownYonder. I’m hesitant to use any device that won’t release in an emergency. I’m not the one here asking for details on the device, though. Again, strange!

And I answered that. Apparently we want to know where to get one, or what? Maybe it would contribute more to the scuttlebutt to call it by a name.

sigh maybe the original poster had forgotten about this device, maybe it popped into her head and thought, I will ask the people at COTH, but first I am going to edit the photo so the discussion does not delve down the endless pit of the rider.

You are the one who identified the rider, NOT the original poster. So if YOU had not identified the rider, chances are no one else would have.

So, in essence you should be scolding yourself.

29 Likes

I seems to me that your are the one that is going off the rails about where the photo came from.
To my eye it looks like a human is asking about a device that is being used on a horse in a photo. .

I mean gish, move along nothing to see here unless you want to understand what the tack is and what is used for, but you sure do seem to be trying to make it into something else.

Totally Strange, Indeed, I wonder if the heat is getting to some.

:horse:

17 Likes