Capitol Challenge Livestream

Well at least there is something to do while Helene is approaching. The flat phase of the Mini USET (3’3" jumping medal) just wrapped up and the gymnastic phase is supposed to stat at 11:45
Anyone else watching?

Sorta. I have it playing in the background (at work shhh!). Just popping in once in a while.

2 Likes

Did anyone else see that the equitation horses doing the 3’3 USHJA final have to pass a jog? Unless it’s always been that way and I’ve not been paying attention

Jog is new this year

Does anyone know which classes will be comentated? I was hoping the jumpseat would be but it’s not.

1 Like

Lovely gymnastics round from Campbell Ooley. Everything soft and together (and a Happy Mouth snaffle!) Her horse looks like a doll!

Good lord I just watched Airlie Corder’s round, and that horse has such a big lofty trot there’s no way I would have wanted to do an eq on the flat class on it! :sweat_smile:

Dam sire a very well known dressage horse!

Also. just love listening to all the lungs being coughed up on the stream…

172 entries in the 3’3".

Horses are very impressed with the atmosphere, as usual. Several riders excused for refusals already.

Just watched one who gutted it out around the whole course only to have a huge chip at the last jump with an excellent example of what we like to call “neck-uitation”. Only sharing this to applaud her for the way she exited the ring, with a huge, sheepish grin, laughing at herself and the situation

7 Likes

I was telling her in my head to calm down a little the whole way around, but yes I appreciated her smile at the end!

1 Like

She just finished her round today. He looks like a blast to jump.

I din’t get to watch any of it thanks to Helene, but grateful not to have has it too bad here.

2 Likes

Did anyone get to see the workoff for the 3’3 medal tonight? my livestream went in an endless loop, I can probably now recite the EMO and Nutrena ads

1 Like

Mine did the same thing.

Same, I don’t think there was a workoff, just the awards.

Mine as well. Perhaps the replay of the work will be available tomorrow.

However I think the 3’6" EQ is on tomorrow? If so, I’ll be more interested in watching that.

1 Like

Just saw Airlie’s go again in the Children’s medal and TOTALLY agree! That looks SPRING-Y!

Seems the Medal final is on Sunday.