Unlimited access >

Carhartt Leggings Questions

Wondering if anyone has purchased and worn the Carhartt Leggings yet? One friend is recommending them, but she is not close enough to visit and see them for myself. She said they ran big, do not actually fit snug like regular leggings. But that they were comfortable, have pockets, come in various colors. Not made of a denim fabric like most Carhartt outer wear.

And where are they for sale besides online?

The Carhartt site for this item has a Store Locator feature you can use to see if a store near you carries them.

Nothing near me, but my interest waned a bit when I saw the $59.99 price :eek:

You could probably get off cheaper buying a Winterweight breech on sale.
I have an ancient (25yrs+) pair of Patagonia Winter kneepatch breeches that are still usable.
Sadly not made anymore :frowning:

2 Likes

I have three pairs and like them very much. Get the “lightweight” ones. They are really not that lighweight, heavier than most leggings. I wear 28 in TS breeches, and a Small (4/6) in the leggings. They fit likes breeches – snug but not stretched out much. Wish they came in more colors than black. Very nice to ride in. Great thigh pocket for cell phone.

The Carhartt site I looked at had several color choices.

I was just looking on the site. Their “Force” utility leggings (10-oz. fabric, knee patches) come in 4 dark colors, but I’m only seeing black offered for the lightweight (8.5-oz) ones.

I have the Force utility leggings - I don’t ride in them (usually
), but I do wear them for work around the farm. They have just enough stretch for work, but not so much that they roll/fall down. Love the pockets and reinforced knees. I got them off of Amazon for $35 or so, but I think it was a ‘flash sale’ and I just got lucky, so keep an eye out!

2 Likes

Thanks folks, for further information. These could be a big winner for winter!

1 Like

I have two pairs of the Carhartt Women’s utility legging and I love them! I first got a pair in black several years ago. I don’t ride in them, and I don’t really have an active job but I wear these all the time and they are still in great shape. They are much more sturdier than a legging, but somewhat more comfy than jeans if that makes any sense. I just recently got a pair in ink green since I saw they offer them now in more colors. and my black ones have held up so well after many years of wearing and washing. I wear a medium. I recommend them! I would assume they probably make great work pants!

I haven’t tried the leggings, but I am a big fan of Carhartt socks now. An impulse buy from the TSC bargain bin got me started and now I have a few different styles. They hold up, and they have good toe seams.

1 Like

Best place to buy leggings; https://www.felina.com/collections/leggings?constraint=custom-filter

Are these the ones they sell at Costco? If so, they’re worthless, don’t last, fabric way too flimsy.

They have many styles.

Do these actually stand up to working in? Full time farmer/rancher here and finding pants that are comfy and don’t fall apart in 5 wears is ridiculously hard.

1 Like

I have a pair and they are super! I also did cringe at the price
but I needed something I could hike in during the cold months and these fit the bill. They don’t snag, lots of pockets! I haven’t worn them a ton, so I can’t speak to longevity, but I will say I considered buying another pair right away for fear they stop making them!

PSA:
Farm & Fleet is offering the Carhartt leggings on sale for $33.99

2 Likes

They are cute and look slimming. Thanks for the heads up!

Just ordered a pair from there. I’ll review when they arrive.

Ok these are nice but run a tad small. No worries as I needed to lose 5 pounds but get a size up if you are in between. Nice bend in the knees and heavy material. Wide waist. I like them!

1 Like

Bringing this back up because I finally located a store where I could touch and try them on. Store only offered black. They are a pretty heavy fabric, 4-way stretch, tight knit lovely choice of pockets to carry things and one zipper pocket on thigh for a phone. I found them to be accurate in sizing, though the snug fit from knee to ankle might be because I have muscular legs. I could see wearing them as breeches.

Have to see how they wear in daily living. Being Carhartts, USA made, I have high expectations!

I bought mine at Tractor Supply- I like that they are tougher than regular legging fabric, aka can stand up to hay and thorns etc but they definitely aren’t as comfy. They are less stretchy, esp the waistband and I feel they tend to run small. I like them for wearing to work for fall/winter (I work at a tree nursery) but I think they’d be too hot to wear in the spring/summer