Cat trees- I've become that lady

I’ve been browsing for another cat tree for my house. I have one I got from Chewy that’s been fine but it’s nothing spectacular. I have 2 about 15 pound cats and we’re picking up a maine coon kitten in 2 weeks. So I’m looking to add something sturdy and good sized for them. Any suggestions? Most of the ones on chewy say for kittens or under 10 pound cats…

1 Like

Cat tree king. They are pricey, but worth every dollar. I’ve had ours for about 5 years. It was on the very first load they sold to the US.

My cats would hit the regular ones and they’d rock back and forth. This one doesn’t budge. Biggest cats are 17.5 and 18 lbs.

They still sleep in the hammocks

18 Likes

I have a 25 lb cat and never thought I’d become that lady either, but here we are. :slight_smile: He’s not main coon, just big bodied. He likes this tree the best:
FRISCO 49-in Tree-Shaped Real Carpet Wooden Cat Tree, Green - Chewy.com At worst when he full on runs and leaps on it, it may rock a tiny bit, but it has never even come close to falling over or rocking uncontrollably. He can also fit in the top bed - a little bit of muffin top look but he seems happy.
This one is next favorite - FRISCO 24-in Real Carpet Cat Scratching Perch with Toy, Gray - Chewy.com. Plenty of room to curl up and definitely sturdy.
I also have this one that he uses sometimes, but he doesn’t fit in the lower cubby.
FRISCO 41-in Modern Cat Tree & Condo, Gray - Chewy.com

Edit to add, I’ve had them 3+ years. All have held up well and show no wear.

Hope that helps.

I have two big trees too and our two kitties LOVE them. One in our office and the other in front of our huge picture window. They are on them much of the time.

This is the one in front of the big window. What a great price and it’s well made. Also easy to put together.

They like the lip around the upper levels because they can sleep and relax in place.

2 Likes

I have this one for large cats. They haven’t knocked it over yet and it’s still in great shape after four years.

https://www.amazon.ca/SONGMICS-Multi-Level-Sisal-Covered-Scratcher-Scratching/dp/B071CFXMZG/ref=sr_1_104?crid=2GUV953U7VQPW&keywords=cat+trees&qid=1679706492&sprefix=cat+trees%2Caps%2C107&sr=8-104

1 Like

The only cat trees that my cats have liked are the ones I’ve found in the swap shed at the dump. If I pay for them, the cats ignore them. Luckily, I picked up a good one last year. I love the first one shown on this thread but I’m afraid the little finks won’t use it!

2 Likes

Following because my current tree is falling apart and cat trees are typically just plain ugly.

1 Like

I’ve got one similar to this but bigger. Mine has 5 of the half circles and the tunnel is on the bottom.

The base is 24 * 24 and the posts are solid wood. Love that cat tree. it’s the sturdiest one I’ve ever had.

I fibbed, mine has four half circles, not five. I can’t remember diddly squat anymore.

1 Like

If you are in Florida check out Furwood Forest. He makes custom cat trees that are made for big breeds. I’m sure he ships but the trees aren’t cheap to start with and they are huge so that would be $$$ but he does set up at cat shows so in sure you could pick up a special order of you found one you liked.

I’ve had one for about 15 years and it’s still going strong and just as pretty as it was when I bought it home

I can’t believe only 1 person posted a pic of their cats in the tree! I’m not mad, just … disappointed :crying_cat_face:

6 Likes

@swmorse, :joy:, I’ve changed phones and most of my occupied pictures aren’t on this one. I think I have one of the former ferals in their room with one.

I found a few. The best ones are probably lost.

Boom (foster)

Sammy

Mike (foster)

Sammy

Tank, former feral

Batman, foster

9 Likes

First I need to win the lottery so I can buy a house large enough to put it in and pay $899 for the tree itself. :joy:

4 Likes

For something a little different…my barn kitties love their rocket ship! Very solid to scratch on, jump on, play on…and I hide treats on top of the rocket. It was a custom made piece for a cat fund raiser. For our next tree I plan to use the man that built this to build something custom to fit our house and cats. I don’t think it will be much more expensive than buying off the shelf.

12 Likes

How cute! I’m just not handy at all.

I was going to buy a 2nd tree like the one I already have and put them side by side. Then I decided I was going to make a custom made one myself. I think I have most of the supplies, now I just have to find the right time to start the project.The lumber guys at my Home Depot are fantastic. They have a scrap bin that I visit often and they mark the things I want down to under $1 or free. Now I just need to get to a carpet warehouse to see if I can pick up the empty carpet spools.

4 Likes

Have you tried Facebook or Craigslist for a cat tree builder locally? I am lucky that I live in a large city that has numerous builders. Here are four cat trees together to make a jungle that the cats love (with the obligatory yellow cat sun bathing!) (That’s tissue paper at the bottom - they adore their tissue paper!):
IMG_4125

7 Likes

Here you go

9 Likes

That looks like fun!

How do you add photos?

This was our original tree and a picture from when they were pretty young.

6 Likes