Unlimited access >

Chloe FILLY 4/10 - on CAM 1 tonight, Dove Filly! 4/5 - Dove/Ruby CAM 2 tonight (4/11

Dove’s Cam: http://www.marestare.com/emeraldtwo.php

For those that are interested, my mare, Chloe (by Carino o/o a t’bred mare) is getting close to foaling…

I’m pretty frustrated with her since I can’t tell what her deal is. She is not a maiden, this is her second foal. I have talked briefly with her previous owner that had her when she foaled out before, but they neglected to tell me if she waxes, if she drips milk, how quickly she “gets down to business” etc. They did tell me that she foaled ON her due date and it was a filly.

Up until this am, her “milk” has been yellowish and sticky (very sticky) - this am it is opaque, tinged white, and still sticky. Not really milk though.

Other “symptoms”: vulva loose/relaxed, tail is floopy, belly has shifted, butt has sunk in, she is GRUMPY, poop (as of tonight) is ploppy, she did NOT want to be out today - she was all about being in her stall. Last night and today she has paced circles and while she is never the neatest mare in the world, she DESTROYED her stall last night with the pacing, poop and pee.

She is in foal to the deceased TK stallion, Veneziano (does not help that I am VERY excited to see this foal!!!). She is one of the main reasons that I put the barn on marestare as she has several people wanting to watch. :slight_smile: http://www.marestare.com/emerald.php

Photo of her from tonight: http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa264/acottongim/P3230002.jpg

It is so frustrating, it is like having a maiden mare without having a maiden… .and wouldn’t you know it, the next mare that I have due IS a maiden! I just don’t know if I should plan on staying up, get some sleep, wrap her tail… whatever I do, Murphy’s Law dictates that it will be the wrong thing!

Of course, Val’s baby was playing when I was graining tonight and accidently got me in my knees (double barreled - she was running and bucking and got too close to me, she didn’t mean to do it I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and didn’t react fast enough)… so by that logic Chloe will go tonight since me crawling around on the floor will be so much fun NOT.

I’m newly addicted to marestare, so I’ll tune in to watch Chloe tonight. Let’s hope she gets down to business…sounds like she’s just about ready!!!

One can only hope junebug! :slight_smile: Although to look at her now you wouldn’t think she has a thought in the world about foaling! LOL!

hehehe… a 3rd to watch…

Anyone else having trouble seeing the cam? It clears for a second or two and goes like totally fuzzy for me?

No, I had to adjust the stinking thing… that is what happens with a wireless cam (grrrrrrrrrrr… ) I think I have it adjusted now.

I can get it to be crystal clear (you do have to adjust the brightness though - right click on the screen) then later on will have to readjust the reciever to get a clear photo again…

Looks to me like she’s not happy with something! She’s moving around a lot now

Another one to keep me up all night again???
Thanks a lot Anissa!

Suzette - you know I just like to torture you! LOL

I am not promising tonight to anyone… I am clueless what she will do. (and my “connection” is going to drive me totally batty tonight apparently!).

Annissa she’s down looks like something is happening, you better go check her

ok she’s been up and down and I’m seeing lots of tail raising and lowering, she might be getting close
right now she’s up
ooo how exciting, I kind of played a part in this in the early stages :slight_smile:

you saw her go down??? I missed that - but she might have done it when I was on my way to the barn or on the way back. She is very antsy, and she had more ploppy poop that was more ploppy than before. Her vulva is starting to swell a little too… I am starting to be guardly more optimistic for tonight… but I’m still not getting the “def tonight vibe” that I normally get LOL.

And you played a HUGE part by bringing her down from VA and keeping her a couple of nights at your place!!! I still can’t thank you enough!!!

Oh, and I figured out why the picture was rolling earlier… I was trying to charge the portable phone that will actually work in the barn, apparently it interferes with the signal??? Who knew??? I unplugged it and the picture is crystal clear again… .technology <rolls eyes>

She’s pretty good at swishing that tail around. She’s driving me crazy, I can only imagine what it’s doing to you!!

YUP! Mare ‘STARE’ - they got that right! :winkgrin: 5 minutes of watching her shift her weight and raise her tail.

Oh… big bellied girl. She probably wishes it was ready right now too.

Y’all have no idea how much she is driving me crazy!!! I’ll go out and get a visual again for the night to see what she looks like up close.

You have an update for us?? I know for sure that if I head off to bed now, she’ll foal

LOL… I don’t know what to tell you. More cow patties in the stall and she is mighty uncomfortable. But for that I don’t think tonight. She did yawn once while I was out there, but she only did it once… her belly is also gurgeling up a storm (not that it has anything to do with the price of ttea in china lol).

Hmmm, well I will stop watching her…then she definitely foal tonight!!

I can’t wait for this baby. I had the biggest crush on Veneziano and wanted to breed to him so badly, the timing was just not right at the time. I am DYING to see this bebe!

I think it will be tommorrow myself too. I’ll have to check back in the morning, I’m TIRED!! I’m excited to see this baby though Anissa!!

After I went out the last time last night I came back into the house and went to bed… then woke up every 30 mins or so to look at the monitor. :lol:

Kind of glad I did that instead of attempting to stay up all night LOL!

I’ll let y’all know what she looks like after I go out and feed/turn out this am. I need coffee before I do anything though! OF COURSE she will foal tonight since the temp is supposed to be 30 degrees tonight!!! Plus a windchill! :eek:

Well that was a first… just as I was getting up to go out and feed/turn out she lays down. She hasn’t gone down this early in the am before… but she looks like she is resting. I guess I will let her rest a little before I go outside. :lol: