Unlimited access >

Chloe FILLY 4/10 - on CAM 1 tonight, Dove Filly! 4/5 - Dove/Ruby CAM 2 tonight (4/11

She is out for the day… but I think I’m going to come home at lunch and check on her. Bag is FULL, teats descended. No wax (don’t know if that means anything at all with this mare) and couldn’t get a good sample of milk… miss grouchy, I’m going to kick your head off didn’t like it much LOL. Told her I’m nothing like a baby! LOL She went out willingly (yesterday she acted like I was dragging her to slaughter) but is standing rock solid still in her paddock. Not interested in hay, not interested in the horses around her, and barely interested in grain (she is eating though). I still don’t have the “it is tonight” feeling, but we’ll see what it is like at lunchtime. LOTS of cow patties in her stall this am though and destroyed her stall again.

[QUOTE=acottongim;3094802]
you saw her go down??? I missed that - but she might have done it when I was on my way to the barn or on the way back. She is very antsy, and she had more ploppy poop that was more ploppy than before. Her vulva is starting to swell a little too… I am starting to be guardly more optimistic for tonight… but I’m still not getting the “def tonight vibe” that I normally get LOL.

And you played a HUGE part by bringing her down from VA and keeping her a couple of nights at your place!!! I still can’t thank you enough!!!

Oh, and I figured out why the picture was rolling earlier… I was trying to charge the portable phone that will actually work in the barn, apparently it interferes with the signal??? Who knew??? I unplugged it and the picture is crystal clear again… .technology <rolls eyes>[/QUOTE]

Yep she went up and down real quick last night, and then the video got weird and started stopping and starting and stuff. I’m going to check her in just a sec :slight_smile:

and it was my pleasure to do it, she was a joy to be around, no trouble at all

She’s outside right now, so no cam on… I may be bringing her in before I go back to work after lunch… will depend on what she looks like up close. :slight_smile:

OK, update for the night… and hopefully the last one I have to make!

At 1 pm cst she had no changes in milk/vulva/udder… at 6:30 she has diluted milk (very diluted) and her vulva is engorged and elongated. I did wrap her tail tonight (for the main reason so that I can SEE what is going on more easily). She has been fairly restless with biting and raising tail… not sure if I will say that she will for sure go tonight, but feel better about it tonight than I did last night.

OH, and we are having a cold front come in tonight… temps at 30 with wind so lower temps than that with wind chill.

Come on Chloe! Let’s do his thing!

Tonight is the last night I can stay up late to watch, so I’d appreciate a little action :winkgrin:

She has been being very polite and waiting for GVF’s foal to be born and to find out what is going on withe Genevive’s foal… she doesn’t want to steal thier thunder LOL.

Honestly, I am torn if she will go or not. I’ll go and check her in a little bit here and see what she is looking like… but she has been pretty restless… including sitting on the back wall, flipping her tail around, shifting weight, biting sides, and she has yawned a couple of times. So anything is possible.

I’ll go out in about a half hour to do a visual. :slight_smile:

gosh, it is so dark in her stall all i can see is her tailwrap. tried to adjust but nothing happened.

right click on the screen and go to video settings… adjust all the way to the right. That should work… After I do that my screen comes up clear (and the barn lights are on so I can’t get it brighter in the stall… one day I will have the mac daddy tech system set up LOL).

thanks, i tried that several times, same picture, but thanks and happy foaling:)

So what’s the verdict on the visual?

stinking computer… I am going to blame the cold weather for freezing up everything around here ! LOL

I just lost everythign that I had typed and the computer is running SLOW right now…

OK, maxxtrot - that just sucks! I’m so sorry. Something similar happened to a friend of mine and she had to back completly off the net then relog in before she could get a picture. I hate techonology sometimes!

Junebug… I am going to go out on a limb and say I dont’ think she will go before midnight. In fact, I’m going to bed and will wake up at midnight and reassess to see if I need to stay up or wake up every hour… :slight_smile:

vuvla and bag are right, she is as tight as a drum lol, I didn’t try and milk her (didn’t feel like fighting with her and didn’t feel like getting kicked - she is really grouchy about that today), a pile of very loose poop in stall when I was down there. But she isn’t dripping anything… who knows. I also will go out on a limb and say that I don’t think that she will be a drama queen… I thnk she will be one that will be munching hay one sec then will just plop down and spit the baby out then get up and munch hay again LOL. We’ll see how far off base I am!

I’m addicted, think I might have to stick around and watch her for awhile to give her good foaling vibes!

Have a good sleep :wink:

You have an update on Chloe for us? :smiley:

Sure… she will foal definetly, maybe, in the next 5 years… :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously (can you tell I’m getting a little punchy?? LOL), she is exactly the same as last night.

The only “odd” thing that she did this am (around 5 - 6 am) is she kept rubbing her neck on the sides of the stall (actually started that around 3 am), and between 5 and 6 she would rock back and forth (front to back, not side to side). She also DID NOT want to leave her stall this am - she wouldn’t turn around - kept just turning her head, not her body, then when she did turn around she planted at the door to her stall and stayed there. She was HAPPY to come in this afternoon. Bag is huge/ready, milk the same (but no wax and not dripping), vulva is bulging/looks ready. Body is ready… just who knows what she is thinking.

My mom is CONVINCED that Chloe is going to have a black filly with 4 whites and a marking on her face - mom says she has dreamed it several times LOL. Want to take bets??

I don’t think that she is going to be dramatic in her “signs” though… just have a feeling. When I go down to feed I’ll prob wrap her tail - more to be able to see easily than anyhting else.

Well, if you could let Chloe know that I have to work days at the hospital for the rest of the week, so I won’t be able to stay up late, an evening foal would fit very well into my schedule LOL

I’ll be sure to let her know when I go down there in a few mins… LOL (would work for me too!).

Mom had to have hand surgery Friday and she is down in the dumps - a pretty little filly would make her feel a lot better!!! (and this is technically her foal).

Hey, that was her second pee in the last 1 1/2 hours… you know it is bad when you start reading something into every single thing that they do!

She was yawning and so forth also in the wee hours this am… and she lay down for only 10 mins at a time as opposed to her normal 20 - 30.

I"m working late tonight so I’ll be watching her for a while also :slight_smile:
sounds promising though

Bear with me… I’m having technical difficulties with the cam… grrrrr… I will not have a wireless system again after this year if we are going to go live on the net I promise!

I came back from feeding and the cat had jumped in the window and knocked the receiver out of place… so it is a matter of figuring out where I can put it that the signal will stay clear… I really am disliking this!!! Of course it means that I have to go back and forth to check signal (much easier with more than one person!).

I did pass along the message to dear Ms Chloe that we are polietly and sweetly begging her to go early and soon. :smiley: She wasn’t quite as grouchy tonight as she has been being… hmmm… lol.

JM - I got a visual of you in a cop car watching marestare (prob not the truth, but funny none the less!) love it!

Hopefully she will go tonight.

Alright Chloe. Your tail is wrapped, it’s time to have a baby!!

[QUOTE=acottongim;3099657]
Bear with me… I’m having technical difficulties with the cam… grrrrr… I will not have a wireless system again after this year if we are going to go live on the net I promise!

I came back from feeding and the cat had jumped in the window and knocked the receiver out of place… so it is a matter of figuring out where I can put it that the signal will stay clear… I really am disliking this!!! Of course it means that I have to go back and forth to check signal (much easier with more than one person!).

I did pass along the message to dear Ms Chloe that we are polietly and sweetly begging her to go early and soon. :smiley: She wasn’t quite as grouchy tonight as she has been being… hmmm… lol.

JM - I got a visual of you in a cop car watching marestare (prob not the truth, but funny none the less!) love it!

Hopefully she will go tonight.[/QUOTE]

actually I am sitting in the basement of our super secret tactical building listening to a wire and watching mare stare :wink: