Unlimited access >

Colt rescued from year-long sling horror (warning: abuse, deceased horse)

People are sick. I’m truly shocked and appalled.

1 Like

I want to puke after this. How effing horrible for those poor babies!

1 Like

There is a cute (well, he is cute, his condition is not cute) reel of him moving in his pen on the rescue’s facebook page.

9 Likes

That poor thing
Where is he presently? Seeing him, and it’s so cold and windy where I am, I want to bundle him up

1 Like

I looked up the rescue when I first read this and I think it’s in Mississippi. So definitely considerably warmer than the Northeast, especially today!

3 Likes

He’s currently in Alabama I believe

He’s not at the Rocking R yet. He’s expected to head their way on Monday.
Here an update from a few minutes ago.

7 Likes

The poor thing. It is hard to imagine this boy is the same horse in those photos posted of what he looked like before this owner got him.

I am surprised he is ready for a trailer ride that far/long.

4 Likes

That is such a long haul for a very weak, malnourished horse. Shipping is physically and mentally very stressful. I would give him more time before shipping.

9 Likes

Poor poor thing. His heart would have been overworked without walking for the frogs to help the blood go up the legs.

2 Likes

I hope he makes it. He looks pretty weak for a long trip.

5 Likes

He looks in terrible condition. No way would I ship him but I’m not a rescue or experienced with horses that have experienced the worst of humans in such a short span of life.

2 Likes

If I hadn’t known this is a 3yo :dizzy_face:, I’d have guessed yearling at best.
I only hope the Asshat owners that surrendered him are prevented from owning any animals in future! :angry:

5 Likes

Maybe the colt was seized in Al? I’m not sure why else he’d be in AL unless he was found there.

1 Like

Poor mite.

He looks to be in very bad shape. I hope he makes it.

Yeah I’m wondering where he’s at

It’s only a 4 hour trip from where he’s currently located to the Rocking R Ranch rescue.
They’ve dealt with many horses in extremely rough/poor conditions. I’m sure they’re capable of safely transporting him the short distance.

I’m sure it’s not their first rodeo. I wonder how they’ll set the trailer up for him with his tendons being that loose. I’d like to see how they make sure he’s secure in there. Not that I’ll probably ever have to ship a horse in that state, but I like watching knowledgeable people do things.

2 Likes

we have moved weanlings great distances, these were very healthy colts, they enjoyed the trips looking out at landscape as the miles rolled by but they were tired at the end.

A rush to ship even a four hour trip for this horse may be a death sentence.

7 Likes

Where is he? I can’t figure out where he was seized- is it south AL?