Colvin Civil Suit

According to the New York Post (reliable source…) Brigid Colvin has filed a civil suit against USEF. I did a quick online search at https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcivil/ecourtsMain, but didn’t find anything. Any New York attorneys on COTH that want to find the filing and post it???

Just saw this as well, and was pretty surprised she basically threw the good doctor under the bus as well in the NYP article :frowning: “Don’t slap the hand that feeds you” comes to mind. I’ll go chill my wine now…this could be good

Also, is anyone at Saugerties? Is Brigid there?

I’m at saugerties and I haven’t see her !!

Maybe she just has good camouflage on :lol::smiley:

I also looked for it on both the state court and federal court online filing systems and couldn’t find anything. Either hasn’t shown up yet or the Post got a sneak preview before filing.

Link to the article?

http://www.pressreader.com/usa/new-york-post/20150902/281633894001936/TextView

Like the NY Post is a reliable source of news?? It actually sites steroids as the issue. We can see how accurate this source is. #likenationalenquirer Not to say there isn’t an infraction here, but consider the source.

I never believe anything I read in the Post. I would expect BP to have paid for a good lawyer for Brigid but would be shocked that she would blame Betsee after all she has done for Tori.

Where would it be filed? SDNY?

[QUOTE=BAC;8300086]
I never believe anything I read in the Post. I would expect BP to have paid for a good lawyer for Brigid but would be shocked that she would blame Betsee after all she has done for Tori.[/QUOTE]

Even if it was her only hope of going clear (so to speak)?

Found it. Let me see how to share…

So, there are a ton of exhibits including the hearing transcript, emails, etc.

It appears that the first filed suit in KY state court, but under USEF membership agreement should have brought suit in NY, so USEF moved to dismiss in KY and here we are in NY.

There is also a proposed order to stay her suspension that is in the process of being reviewed and signed by the court.

You can find some of the documents here (I didn’t download the KY petition and some attorney forms and such):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m64d02zk2uwaboi/AACSJV2q3WfDnxBt2QHTjZg8a?dl=0

Would someone please explain to me why the USEF does not have an arbitration clause in its membership agreement?

[QUOTE=vineyridge;8300211]
Would someone please explain to me why the USEF does not have an arbitration clause in its membership agreement?[/QUOTE]

You actually have the option to arbitrate but I don’t think they can mandate arbitration under the Ted Stevens Act but don’t quote me on that. I am basing it on other sports federations that are subject to that Act.

[QUOTE=IPEsq;8300166]
So, there are a ton of exhibits including the hearing transcript, emails, etc.

It appears that the first filed suit in KY state court, but under USEF membership agreement should have brought suit in NY, so USEF moved to dismiss in KY and here we are in NY.

There is also a proposed order to stay her suspension that is in the process of being reviewed and signed by the court.

You can find some of the documents here (I didn’t download the KY petition and some attorney forms and such):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m64d02zk2uwaboi/AACSJV2q3WfDnxBt2QHTjZg8a?dl=0[/QUOTE]

Holy cow. That transcript is one slow-moving train wreck.

I feel for the teenager - what drama. As a lawyer I had to snicker at the fact that the board found Rivets not credible. That’s lawyer speak for “you are a dam liar, sir”.

[QUOTE=m&m;8300115]
Even if it was her only hope of going clear (so to speak)?[/QUOTE]

I guess she has to weigh that against the possibility BP might retaliate by taking Tori off her horses. I think that probably won’t happen but it’s a possibility. I still think it wasn’t a smart move after all the opportunities her daughter has had thanks to BP. And it’s not as though Brigid is such an important part of the team, she could easily be replaced while she sits out the suspension. After all, does anyone really think she is innocent of the charges?

[QUOTE=BAC;8300285]
I guess she has to weigh that against the possibility BP might retaliate by taking Tori off her horses. I think that probably won’t happen but it’s a possibility. I still think it wasn’t a smart move after all the opportunities her daughter has had thanks to BP. And it’s not as though Brigid is such an important part of the team, she could easily be replaced while she sits out the suspension. After all, does anyone really think she is innocent of the charges?[/QUOTE]

Tori only has three months left as a junior, and she seems to be moving towards the jumper side of the business. Betsee Parker has always stayed on the hunter side of things as far as I know. It’s possible that the relationship will end after indoors anyway. I have no idea about any of this, but it did occur to me that this could be a factor in the way that this seems to be playing out. I just can’t help but think there’s a possibility that this could all be very calculated and purposeful.

[QUOTE=BAC;8300285]
I guess she has to weigh that against the possibility BP might retaliate by taking Tori off her horses. I think that probably won’t happen but it’s a possibility. I still think it wasn’t a smart move after all the opportunities her daughter has had thanks to BP. And it’s not as though Brigid is such an important part of the team, she could easily be replaced while she sits out the suspension. After all, does anyone really think she is innocent of the charges?[/QUOTE]

Did you read the USEF Hearing transcript?