Court date for Michael Barisone?

“So it’s all true,” is it? Is that how you think court works?
Also, judges take frivolous allegations “pretty seriously.” It would look really bad for these attorneys if, let’s say, someone somewhere who was THERE - had irrefutable evidence to the contrary of any of these claims. (Which I admit, I’ve not yet read myself. It’s Saturday. No one seems to be riding! Very strange.)

If you have some profound reply, please hurry it up. Soon as the groom gets the bridle on, I’ll not keep them waiting. Then I’ll be napping. So…… chop chop!

You have 3 minutes.

7 Likes

With Which “legalities,” did I not comply?

Next- reading comprehension isn’t a strong suit here- so I’ll help you out.

The “uncomfortable chairs,” were on the patio. I was laying on my love seat- on the porch. (Please feel free to check this against my version of events from THAT day.)

Most of your post is impossible to follow due to horrible …. Writing skills.

According to you, My honey was “upstairs in the kitchen,” where we “told to vacate,” by a “building inspector?”

Our kitchen was in our apartment. Mb had his own kitchen. These are simple logistics. Try and keep up.

We called the building inspector. Us. And the Fire Marshal. It was their decision, based on the numerous violations of code, all humans were to vacate the barn as living quarters. I forgot to tell the cops mb had the staff living up there for months. Thanks for reminding me!

Mb thought he call the building inspector on us. He tried. He failed. Rob repaired the damages caused by Michael when he ripped out the hard wiring in most of the home’s smoke alarms. Therefore, WE were allowed to stay. Michael’s play backfired.

Now, (and PLEASE be coherent) explain with which legalities we did not comply. Lordy, I hope you state facts. All I’m gonna say about that right now. But, go ahead. Give it your best, sweetie.

3 Likes

I get the temptation to defend yourself here, but please keep yourself safe.

Dont give your attackers any more ammunition. Enjoy your life and your horses, forget this website, it will bring you no good.

8 Likes

QFP

And to save space- which “substance,” exactly was I “abusing?”

Which medications was I “hiding?” Here is where posters such as yourself and others fail so embarrassingly. YOU believe there are all these new “revelations,” which I’ve just tried SO hard to “keep secret!” Do you post your prescription or OTC medications on any SM platform “just for fun?” Doubt it. It would be boring.

Contrarily, I can think of no day which any prescribed medication I took or now take, which I don’t leave somewhere in the open, nearest to whatever door I need to open to leave for the day. This way, I don’t forget to actually take my prescription medication. (But I have to admit, the screenshots one of family members sent to me last night of some person’s post re her “expertise,” on the effects of “shooting up,” a sublingual strip - was as funny as he promised it would be!)

So, truly, thanks for that! We practically in tears! :rofl:

And your second half of this post describes MB to a T. His own attorney (not BILINKAS) described him as THE most difficult person he has ever encountered. Or, maybe, it was “dealt with,” instead of “encountered.” All the same to me, though!

General comment.

If I read it correctly, our victim states in one of her recent posts that she has not actually read the civil suit of MB vs the police. She is simply saying it is untrue without reading it. So everything she has said on this thread is empty.

As others have repeated, I think we can take the timeline as stated, including the interactions with police. The timeline does not include everything as it focuses on the police. It is very clear about the details of the house being declared unfit to live in. Also that the house was for the barn staff.

As has been said many times, this order of events can be accepted as factually true for now. The subjective part of this, and indeed of any, civil suit for damages is in the claims about that damage. Especially in cases of emotional damage trauma, whiplash or back injury or chronic pain, where there is no visible damage.

If you are making a claim for damages in a car accident, obviously you are scrupulously accurate and objective as to the time place and circumstance of the accident, otherwise the whole thing is thrown out of court. Then you need to make the argument about the lasting damage.

This part is trickier. Some people get low payouts despite having serious loss of scope because they haven’t effectively proven the problem. Other people may indeed scam the system by exaggerating their injuries. That’s why the insurance company will go so far as to spy on claimants.

Anyhow for those of us not involved in the case, and who have the focus and concentration to read this long court document, it’s clear enough what points are going to be factual, and where the argument moves into claims about emotional state.

The “eggshell” argument is not one I’ve heard used in my jurisdiction, though we certainly have many murderers claiming insanity, and often rightfully as we have laissez faire mental health care (our murders tend to be mostly targeted gang hits with guns among adult mid and high level drug dealers, followed by a much smaller per cent of domestic disputes and then isolated wierd horrible events with mentally ill people, who fortunately often dont have access to guns).

Anyhow, whether this civil suit goes anywhere, it makes a very strong case for MB not being responsible for his actions and for the victim being a terrible, no-good, awful person who terrorized MB in a systematic way. I can see why the victim might not want to read it, but I’m sure the prosecution is giving it some thought.

On a related note, this case is interesting to me in part because we all run up against this personality type IRL. One thing they do often state and maybe believe is that the world in general envies them and is “just jealous”, or the modern version of “haters gonna hate.” That’s just so laughably not true. No one wants to switch places with someone like that no matter their material possessions. We watch these trainwrecks, celebrity or nonentity, out of fascinated horror.

25 Likes

Which “police station lobby,” is it that I would have any clue about the activities which occur there?

Please be sure to “word,” this accusation in a manner I can follow. I noticed your first sentence and agreed with you wholeheartedly.

:wink:

1 Like

QFP

That just means if the plaintiff is particularly vulnerable in an unexpected way, the defendant can’t use lack of knowing the vulnerability as defense to the damage.

For example, if a burglar’s wrongful presence on the victim’s property so terrifies the victim that she has a fatal heart attack, the burglar will be liable for the damages - including the victims death- stemming from his trespass, even though he has no intention of killing the victim.

6 Likes

@LilRanger

Yes, I looked it up and figured it out :slight_smile:

General comment: part of the incoherence of LK’s responses on this thread are that she says she hasn’t read the court filing. The rest of us have read it, and we are taking as essentially true the timeline, the actions of the building inspector, and the proof of substance abuse stated there.

If LK wants our “proof” on this, she only has to read the civil suit court filing. It’s all up on threads on COTH, the original and the amended suit threads.

13 Likes

@Scribbler - interesting. If the house were “for the barn staff,” why did he force them all (in late May 2019) to cram altogether in the upper level of the barn, so that he himself could take over their entire ex living space?

He took over every bedroom they inhabited in the basement. He took over the main level floor- where we lived previously and gave us the upstairs level apartment.

He had exactly no reason to displace the staff. Well, he DID have one reason! Nothing to do with us. His life, his choices.

That you don’t realize this argument his attorneys are attempting to make - are the EXACT opposite of the previous one’s. And…. Uh…. They’re in writing. In the “answers,” (I think) section of another suit! Both can’t be fact at the same time. Therefore, at least one of his attorneys are throwing out lies here and forgetting about every single claim made previously……. OR, they’re throwing out lies in BOTH suits and hoping someone somewhere will make at least 1 claim in these opposing “answers,” stick to the wall.

If Barisone wanted staff to remain in the house (like the previous 4 years) - that’s where they’d have been. I wonder who or what convinced him to treat the staff like that! Horrible!

She is trying to try this case here, on COTH. As though what any of us believe makes one whit of difference to anything but our own understanding.

21 Likes

I don’t care what you do! There are over 100 claims made by my attorneys and by the state of NJ vs Michael Barisone. Are you suggesting that attorneys for MB are “telling the TRUTH,” but my legal team AND the state of NJ (both in possession of numerous facts and HARD evidence - as opposed to “circumstantial,” to back it up) are LYING? Think fast!

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

There is one pissed-off groom out there.

31 Likes

No I’m not. I’m trying to help you (g). We are all well aware that most people on here have zero interest in what is fact. That is what the court system is for. Mb has been charged, indicted, and awaits trial…… where he will almost certainly NOT testify. Ruth Cox has also been charged & awaits …… I have no clue what she awaits. Time will tell.

I’m pointing out to those outside this little group of fan girls, where the REAL inconsistencies can be located. Luckily, Eggbutt posted all the various BARISONE legal filings as a “New Topic,” in her OP’s. Look no further!

Don’t ask me to point each Q or A within those filings out. I’m not “cheat sheet,” or “Cliff’s Notes,” version of this 2 year long, attempted campaign to bully me and those around me. We come on here MAYBE once every other month, (unless asked to gather specific documents) and then we go POOF! I guess others have WAY more free time on their hands. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes