Court date for Michael Barisone?

It doesn’t UNLESS you’re in a locality that excludes a primary residence from judgment attachment IF that’s what she’s talking about. I don’t know if such a thing exists.

The only other way is that real property typically increases in value - eventually. Property values have currently increased greatly and even if the bubble bursts, eventually the prices will zoom up again if you have the stomach to wait it out.

3 Likes

Well, this one should increase in value some; its a dump now, and not in Wellington,Ike she claims, but in Loxahatchee, nearby close to her horses I presume. but if she renovates it should be a bit better . It’s only a three bed in a neighborhood with bigger houses and she’s talking about eliminating bedrooms to build a dance studio. Anyhoo, well see what happens.
Don’t think the neighborhood has super high values, compared to neighboring towns.

2 Likes

Florida.
You cand eclare bankruptcy and yet keep your million dollar mansion

2 Likes

Wasn’t MBs place in Lox too?

2 Likes

Still is.

2 Likes

Unrelated to the topic question:

Isn’t that the case with Texas too?

I thought (though I have no experience with the topic of filing bankruptcy) that was the case everywhere. They can not make you forfeit your primary residence.

2 Likes

I thought it only protected some of the equity and you could still lose your primary residence. Maybe there are states that let you keep all the equity. Declaring bankruptcy is no joke.

1 Like

Hope her [fiance] isn’t doing the work…

2 Likes

I believe that is what has been posted, that she is saying he will be busy doing the work.

3 Likes

What goes on there now?

2 Likes

I believe his horses are there and it is being taken care of by long time friends and trainers.

7 Likes

Could MB’s inability to remember the shooting incident be contributing to the long delay (besides covid) of the trial?

If a person cannot remember, how do their attorneys put on a defense for them?

For those who were interested in following the Pike County murders in Ohio, Angela Wagner has also pled (pleaded?) guilty.

Edit to add, she pleaded guilty to 14 of the 22 charges against her.

2 Likes

Apparently they breakdown the prosecution’s presentation and undermine prosecution’s witness testimonies. We don’t know exactly when MB’s memory lapses, so there could be quite a bit he can say up to the point of the shooting. Add in the defense expert psychiatric testimony.

3 Likes

Yikes. That was something.

Was there a connection to the MB case? If so, I missed it.

A while back I mentioned I was following the case and the thread with a little off topic for a while. Other than the Wagner family owning a horse farm I don’t know of any connection.

2 Likes

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Thank you for the update @3PonyFarm.

3 Likes

Pled and pleaded have both been around for centuries but AP came out in the late 80s and said the style shall be pleaded, and not pled, and then when the media began covering court room testimony etc… everyone changed at once (it seems) to pleaded. Ex the OJ Simpson trial. It sounds odd to me. An argument can be made for verb v noun usage and constructs of past tense, on and on.

On with regularly scheduled programming :grinning:

10 Likes