Court date for Michael Barisone?

And you are welcome to prosecute and prove it. But what you assert won’t cut it. Just so ya know.

11 Likes

So you’re stalking… Got it.

21 Likes

you have a compulsion, it seems.
we are talking about monetary damages here, lawer cost and fallout.
Not your perceived idea of ‘stalking’ when somebody freely offers their personal life on social media.
You are using that word, I don’t think it means what you think it does.
Ironically an Inigo Montoya quote?

27 Likes

Ha!!! I’m dying here laughing because you are so right!!

10 Likes

General (controversial) question:

To what extent are victims free from criticism? Yes, I know it goes beyond that here, but is it possible for a victim and a predator to both be “losers” in some capacity? Is it also possible that a victim is indeed a victim but also a terrible person. Or should the victim only be “the victim” and nothing can be said about them? Perhaps we all have different limits for this.

I mean, we see it all the time “well, she should’ve…and she could’ve…” yes if they coulda woulda shoulda they wouldn’t be a victim. But what about a situation when the victim poked the bear until it snapped? Does the victim accept any responsibility that their actions led to a reaction? Obviously the reaction (shooting, in this case) is on the person who reacted. They didn’t have to react that way, but they also wouldn’t have if the victim didn’t push them over the edge. Does that factor in? Should it? What is victim blaming vs determining that the victim played a role in things escalating? Or is the victim always innocent?

I’ve definitely seen people pile on victims and it’s like, do you really think you would’ve acted better in the situation? A situation that you weren’t actually in and don’t know everything about? So easy to speak from the outside. (Not related to this case, just in general)

I have my thoughts on the matter, but sometimes I think it’s not so clear cut. I’m not specially talking about this case, mostly in terms of a general discussion on the topic. It’s interesting to hear thoughts and perspectives on it sometimes. Ultimately we are responsible for our actions, I think.

21 Likes

Ok time to call out another liar. What make you think LK gets free legal services? Just making crap up? Who has LK ever sued? Making up more crap? Please enlighten us and let us know who has provided LK with free legal services and who she has ever sued. And I think I read somewhere in here that LK’s father is or was a lawyer. What lawyer represents himself or his family in any matter…especially in a matter of this magnitude.

3 Likes

A few general things here re lawsuits:

Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

It’s possible legal fees of the other party would be paid for if depending on how things worked out.

People shouldn’t clog up the already busy courts with frivolous suits. They could also get a life instead of doing this, but I suppose it’s entertaining for them (idk, it’s weird).

Even if you’re defending yourself against false claims, it’s still a ball ache…and the (idiot) person suing you gets some sort of pleasure from this.

People are weird, man.

12 Likes

It is like an old L&O episode.
the 30min plot twist.

4 Likes

Ah L&O, it’s “legal junk food” that I used to enjoy watching. It’s well done, but not necessarily accurate, drama.

3 Likes

true,
It used to rip the stories form the headlines though, and this would be tailor made for a classic episode.
Of course, it is fiction/drama.
And neatly wrapped up in one hour.
On the other hand also a good reminder of what one can and cannot do.
(and the DA and cops are the good guys…)

Alas, the point being (I am sure that inspiration came from the headlines) when the vcitim turns out to not be as innocent)

The bear was poked like hell in this case.

As we still don’t know the factual elements as to how bullets penetrated into and injured the victim we cannot say to what extent criminal intent played. Certainly a scenario of “I’m driving over there to kill this bitch” registers far differently than “CPS is here let me get these idiots to the meeting so we can straighten this shit out once and for all but just in case I’ll bring a gun because I’m afraid of them” **OR “let me get them to straighten this shit out” and then a tussle and bang someone had a gun and it discharged in a scuffle.

This in no way compares to a rape case where the alleged perp says “well she was wearing thigh high boots when she came to my hotel room so I assumed she wanted to get laid”. THAT is victim blaming.

20 Likes

…because their dog has attacked people as recently as this week, and I’m not taking chances that dog bites me.

I love dogs. Its a shame this one has been allowed and likely encouraged to be vicious. Its frankly disgusting, but telling, and fits the personality profile displayed in much of this persons actions/words.

14 Likes

And let me be perfectly clear here about LKs messages to myself and others:

IT WAS NOT A STATEMENT OF INTENT TO SUE. IT WAS A COERCIVE ACT TO MANIPULATE THE RECIPIENT TO BOW TO HER WISHES. IT WAS A THREAT OF LEGAL ACTION TO SHUT ME UP. TO MAKE ME FEARFUL. TO CONVINCE ME THAT IF I DID NOT SHUT UP THEN SHE WOULD MAKE SURE TO DO THESE THINGS TO PUNISH ME. IT WAS MEANT TO CONTROL MY BEHAVIOR. TO WARN ME OFF. TO GET HER WAY. TO BULLY AND INTIMIDATE. TO MANIPULATE.

39 Likes

And frankly, it makes me suspect your hit the nail on the head, to get such a reaction.

20 Likes

Clear as day.

12 Likes

There you go again! Victim blaming without a shred of evidence. Who says the bear was poked like hell in this case? The man who is charged with two counts of first degree attempted murder? His girlfriend who dumped him five minutes after he was arrested? These are the people you believe and hold out their assertions as fact?

You have a bad case of Eggbutt-itis. You put out crap “claimed” by the defendants or their attorneys as fact and hope you’re not caught.

Maybe a bear was poked like hell in this case. But only after hearing testimony and seeing credible evidence from both sides will we know who was the bear and who was the poker.

Until then why don’t you stop putting out your opinion as fact.

4 Likes

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension?

26 Likes

Maybe you should use the ignore feature?

13 Likes

Ok, since none of us know the facts, clearly we should all shut up and stop posting.

Even if it’s “in my opinion” someone with poor reading comprehension could mistake it as fact! So best if we all never post again.

Ok. Problem solved. You can thank me later, I’m on my way out. I won’t be riding my one horse today though (I’m a 1 horse pleb). It’s his day off.

8 Likes

“Ok time to call out another liar. What make you think LK gets free legal services?”

Perhaps she does as her father is an attorney. Could that not be considered free legal services?

6 Likes