Unlimited access >

Court date for Michael Barisone?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

130 in the morning and now we are being asked to identify a licensed doctor (M.D.) who has had a residency then taken and passed the oral and written examinations offered by American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. I didn’t see any such person named in the cases filed to date.

6 Likes

@Jenerationx thanks for the citations. I went back and read them and I noticed that they reference transcripts of the interaction between MB and the responding officers.

Maybe some of our criminal law savvy users can weigh in: is this like body cam footage - the interaction is also voice recorded when they respond? I note both a time and page reference in the transcript citation.

Example (bolding mine):

BARISONE wanted to speak to a supervisor, such as a Sargent and/or Detective.
MRS-L-001562-21 07/15/2021 1:56:46 PM Pg 18 of 36 Trans ID: LCV20211664981
BARISONE’s request, once again, was rejected by the responding DEFENDANT POLICE
OFFICERS who said “no”.

2 Likes

As someone born and raised in NJ and transplanted to the South, I often quote the movie:

“Yeah, and you blend.”

It makes me sad when people don’t get the reference.

PS - Yes, Joe Pesci’s and Marisa Tomei’s accents are awful. But I can forgive anything for the expert testimony scene.

6 Likes

I dont know how to quote all of those quotes Might be my phone not sure. I searched the 911 call from 8-4-19 on patch and it discussed paper work not getting signed and vaguely remember LK saying the papers asked that she not hold the farm responsible if she or SO got harmed. Dont remember if she said they signed them. Does anyone else?

The thought crossed my mind that with all that stuff going on, the leos probably talked to everyone there an
d probably have body cam and maybe dash footage. Also I think I can hear Barisone telling 911 that LKs SO was harassing him bc he was holding a phone out & videoing it all? And someone advised mb that goodwill was giving him a ,“menacing,” stare?

Idk. This all sounds so strange to me. Im sure there must be footage of this. The 8-4 call is very long and I think mb hangs up when he says the cops arrived.

1 Like

Yes, LK asserts that these mystery papers are MB asking her to release him from liability of shooting her (example of delusional thinking) and it is most likely they were papers acknowledging he was terminating the training/board agreement and therefore no longer liable for general injury due to remaining on the farm and being around animals capable of bodily harm and/or death (totally normal release of liability) and within his rights as he pointed out on the 911 call.

12 Likes

Could they have been related to residing in the house that Town Inspector told them they shouldn’t be, one assumes, due to safety?

I would think that some she was boarding, riding and lessoning there, a liability waiver for those activities would have been signed much earlier in the relationship

1 Like

She probably means Ruth Cox, who was a psychiatric nurse (nurse practitioner?). She’s insinuating that Ruth Cox gave Barisone the gun that was allegedly used to shoot her.

6 Likes

So, just to clarify: RC is not a “licensed doctor of psychiatry”, is that correct? Or are you saying she is a nurse/NP and an MD?

1 Like

A retired nurse, with no license on the line, has now been transformed into a practicing psychiatrist. Neat trick by Kanarek.

18 Likes

It was before. I suspect what set all of this off, and why it escalated so quickly, is because MB wanted to stop being her trainer. I assume he needed to give her the standard 30 days notice, possibly written warning of what would happen to horses that she didn’t move off the property….generally starting the paper trail to get her off the property. And I think the liability is different between boarding and refusing to leave.

4 Likes

Ruth Cox is not now and never was a M.D. At least I don’t see where RC stated she was an M.D. She was an R.N. and may have gotten a doctorate, but her nursing license was shelved years ago.

So no nursing board can censure her, which is something that was brought up somewhere in the past.

4 Likes

No, I can’t find any evidence that she is an MD. There is a Ruth Cox in New Bern, NC who is a nurse practitioner with an emphasis in psychiatry, and is a LMFT as well, which appears to be the same Ruth Cox involved in this whole mess. On her FB profile (which is public) she identifies herself as a nurse. She is retired.

One could obtain a doctorate in Nursing Practice, but that is very different than an MD - no internship, no residency, no boards to pass.

6 Likes

I’d think Sweet Grass Farm would or should take liability of someone living in that house seriously.

clarify?

1 Like

I believe the phone call that included the paper signing discussion was before the code officials came out and said that LK was not a tenant and that no one could live in the house.

MB hired A private investigator according to the filing discussed in the Dressage Forum.
It certainly is interesting that very quickly MB started to get qualms about this client.
I wonder what the first inkling was, that there was something wring there.

3 Likes

This makes sense, taking into consideration LK’s posts on other topics about the bait-and-switch of signing onto a trainer’s program and then being trained by the assistant trainer instead. The head trainer usually focuses on the regionally/nationally competitive riders and horses, and their own string of competition horses, and then the assistant trainer takes on the others. It is what it is.
(The following is speculation)
She may not have liked that.

11 Likes

Gotcha.

Didn’t that visit from the Town Building Inspector also come well after LKs fathers involvement in strong arming MB to let these two live there?
I suppose that SGF/MB could have realized the damage to the house was a problem such that Goodwins services to repair in exchange for living there was a plausible idea.

Hmmm….being threatened to accept someone as a tenant that you expressly said you didn’t want as a tenant? Just speculation based on the potentially untrue facts in the MB/township lawsuit.

This is a reference number for the entire document (ETA the quoted court filing i.e. it is not a reference to an external document or report & they are) not references to individual interactions, it’s a problem when copying from a pdf document as the copy function takes the headers and footers as well as the main text.

3 Likes