Unlimited access >

Cream/champagne/ivory breeches

Yep, already used the search function and most of it is several years old, so no joy found there.

I’ve got the cream gloves, stock ties, saddle pads…but I cannot find cream colored breeches anywhere. The few that looked like cream color in pics but weren’t labeled as such turned out to be a huntery sort of tan when received, and got returned.

Any suggestions as to where I can find some full seats in cream? I’ve tried eBay, no luck except for tiny sizes.

2 Likes

ME TOO!! I asked a while ago but no good answers then… WISH some small manufacturers would recognize that there IS a market for cream/NOT YELLOW.

2 Likes

Yup. I have ONE pair of Pikeurs in cream, and a couple of beigey “Sahara” colored back-ups, but I’d MUCH rather have CREAM COLORED breeches.

Anyone listening out there?

2 Likes

Pikeur. I buy mine from Amira Equi in the UK. Been showing in them for years…

I just looked there. Nothing in cream, etc.

1 Like

Very disappointing. I have been wearing cream breeches for years, but haven’t bought any new ones in a couple years. I just checked the sites where I have seen them in the past, and there are none anymore.

1 Like

PIkeur no longer makes the cream ones from what I was told by their rep last year. About the closest they can do is the super light tan/beige color. I ended up getting a relatively inexpensive pair of Ovations that will work well enough for now. I’m not stressing over the entire “exact match” thing. I’m channeling my inner Clinton and Stacy from “What Not to Wear” and focusing on colors and tones that all “go together” or that are in the same color range. In my case, the pad and breeches are pretty close in color as are the tie and gloves, then the jacket kind of ties everything else in together. Making it about the things that go together vs. the matchy-matchy thing makes my life a lot less irritating!

20 Likes

That tie is gorgeous!!

2 Likes

Thank you! I was so excited to get my hands on it last year. Now, I just need to get myself to a show, but preferably after my trainer has shown my horse a couple of times first because I am a weenie. :grin:

2 Likes

Where did you get that fantastic tie?

what color is your horse?

I purchased it from the ever-delightful Tiffany at Equus Couture. She has the most scrumptious stock ties that she designs and will even help you create something custom. Mine is made from Indian sari fabric and I can’t wait to wear it. The only thing that’s a little challenging with it is finding a shirt with a short enough collar to be hidden by the tie.

3 Likes

That’s a gorgeous combination!

1 Like

I’m not sure if this was meant for me, but if so, he’s a very unassuming bay.

3 Likes

Thank you!!!

Get white cotton breeches and dye your own. Just dissolve the dye in a separate cup, and add it very slowly until you get to the shade you want- you can always dye again to get them darker, but they are likely to be splotchy if you have to bleach them back out again… My first attempt turned out maize colored, but my second and third attempts were wonderful and are my show breeches now.

2 Likes

deleted.

These seem to be a cream color with some added sparkle. I have been tempted…

Chiming in to say, what a gorgeous combination!

2 Likes