Unlimited access >

Curb Chain Jangling Needed for Poncho

The local Theraputic Horse Riding Center called and want to set up a time to see Poncho!!!
I know that he would love this home, and it is only about three blocks from our home.

Mallory can then go visit and fuss over him any time she wants.

So anyways, today is her 13th birthday, and she is really sad that Poncho her favourite horse has to leave.
So for Poncho and Mallory’s sake, please say a prayer and jangle the curb chains that the Riding Center will want Poncho!!

It has been very sad and tearfully hard time for us to deal with having to part with such a lovely horse.

Poncho & Mallory

Keeping my fingers crossed that Poncho will be beyond their expectations!

Forgive me for being behind the rest of the field here, but why does Poncho have to have a new home? I vaguely remember a soundness problem? Or do I have my horses mixed up? I seem to have misplaced some neurons… (Beezer stumbles off, a little vague even about the direction she is going in…)

Bulletin Board Goddess

[This message was edited by Beezer on Sep. 19, 2001 at 08:33 PM.]

Good luck Bumpkin - I hope it all works out - sounds like Poncho would love it there and how lucky that you’re only 3 blocks away!

“Oh Mickey you’re so fine, you’re so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey! Hey Mickey!”

Yayyyyy!

<<and with that, the curb chain jangling reaches an almost deafening roar. . . >>

Congrats on finding a great home for Poncho.

Thought maybe poor Poncho was in some kind of trouble.

Glad to hear all is well. And what a talented mommy you are. Great drawing!!

“The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!”

The local Theraputic Horse Riding Center called and want to set up a time to see Poncho!!!
I know that he would love this home, and it is only about three blocks from our home.

Mallory can then go visit and fuss over him any time she wants.

So anyways, today is her 13th birthday, and she is really sad that Poncho her favourite horse has to leave.
So for Poncho and Mallory’s sake, please say a prayer and jangle the curb chains that the Riding Center will want Poncho!!

It has been very sad and tearfully hard time for us to deal with having to part with such a lovely horse.

Poncho & Mallory

I should be on Ginko and Geritol haha!!

Poncho was stall bound for months, when he jumped out of his 4’ dutch door, then had a major abcess for months and after xrays he had ringbone in both front legs!!

He is on MSM, a small amount of Bute, and Next Level and is sound.
I offered to pay for these meds as long as he as the Theraputic Center.
Since the ringbone is in both front any shuffle or shortness of step is even.

Poncho can walk, trot canter sound, and is a great trail horse. I don’t want to sell him, I would rather find him a home that will use him, and understand his limits.

He should not be jumped anymore of course and it is time for him to find a new job.
As much as Mallory and I love him. I think a home where he is getting the attention he loves is the best bet.
He is very herd bound, and with no horses at my house, I really don’t think he would be as happy.

On a funny note, I have a friend who has a “one legged” friend who is interested in Poncho as a trail horse for himself.
I wonder if that is any connection with your one armed mystery man?

Jingle, Jangle, Clink, etc.

Good luck to Poncho!! Although, I can’t imagine them turning him down based on what you’ve said, Bumpkin.

When do you find out?

I’m a little bit late getting here, but I think this sounds great!! I’m sure Poncho will love it!
All those little kids fussing over the “BIG BEAUTIFUL PAINT”. It will be fantastic!

Phew, Bumpkin! I was getting so upset when I first starting reading your post. This new home sounds perfect for Poncho. YIPPEEEE!!!

Thank you Cactus!!

The drawing was done by Amy Lacy, and all of the sudden I cannot recall her COTH BB name.

If I remember I shall post it.

jingle jingle jingle

It’s a hard decision to have to make. I hope things work out for Poncho! It sounds like he’ll have a good home with lots of kids to give him hugs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bumpkin:

On a funny note, I have a friend who has a “one legged” friend who is interested in Poncho as a trail horse for himself.
I wonder if that is any connection with your one armed mystery man?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG, thank you … that made me laugh out loud. I needed it … but my immediate thought was: “How on earth does he get a leg up!!!”

Bulletin Board Goddess

If he does go there, tell Kathy (the executive director) that Lara Katz says hi. She was my roommate for NARHA meetings this summer and is awesome-I know Poncho would be going to a great place. They do a super job there.

I almost forgot…

Happy (belated) Birthday to Mallory!

I’m so happy he is going to such a wonderful new home!!! And of course, very happy for you and Mallory as well!

Hope Mr. dublin and I can visit him the next time we get back up to the Pacific NW.

I’m so glad to hear Poncho has found a wonderful retirement home. Great news! And that’s a very handsome piece of artwork, too.

“Friends don’t let friends eat fish tacos.”

Would it be easier if you thought of it as,

“He is better off than the Boeing employees, he isn’t being laid off, he is making a lateral employment move.”

“The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!”

Good luck! One of the kids at my barn volunteered at a theraputic riding center this past summer and said that the horses were extremely well taken care of and appreciated. It would be great if your daughter didn’t really have to say good-bye to him.