Unlimited access >

Curb Chain Jangling Needed for Poncho

If he does go there could he please cozy up to one of the instructors ( who is also a DVM / Phd ) and have him whisper ( horse whisperer) in her ear that hoopoe would REALLY like to work for her at her company?

jingle jangle jingle jangle

JANGLE JANGLE…Any news yet? Wty whispering so as not to throw the jangle, jingle off…

Well how nice of Poncho to be living with other horses of “color”. I would hate to think he would be subjected to any sort of racism, you know.

I also think it is wonderful that the older guys get to be “uncles”. When Clownin’ retired he was the babysitter for the newly weaned foals. When they got too onery he would politely step back out of range and then kick out at them. So they learned the rules, but weren’t harmed.

He would also take a new one for a walk along the fence line and then to the water trough. I swear he knew it was his job. What a sweetie.

So I’m sure Poncho will just fit right in with his new job description.

“The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!”

Bumpkin, that is SUCH wonderful news!!!

What a perfect solution, Bumpkin. I hope the riding center accepts Poncho. My fingers are crossed and the curb chain jingling and jangling.

Cute picture, BTW.

I have filled out an application to start working at a local theraputic riding center. I would be working with a 21 year old guy who is legally blind… he has been riding for 8 years now… its definately heart wrenching to hear some of those stories of what the kids go thru, and we think we have it bad!

I saw a pony that i rode a bit over 8 years ago today, man he looks the same as last time i saw him!

Jingle, Jingle, Jingle

Best wishes for Poncho.

Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group of North America

“GOD BLESS AMERICA”

Good luck with Emily’s visit. Hope he does well in his interview!

SLW

BTW, he is a handsome horse!

That is wonderful for Poncho. He will have attention, riding and enjoy a bouncing yearling.

I looked at those other photos and they are SO wonderful. The “real” Bumpkin always gives me the warm fuzzies. What a great horse.

Willem is, of course, honored to be there too.

What a wonderful career this will be for him!!! Fingers cross and curb chains jangling that all will work out perfectly.

My old mare, bless her heart, went to therapeutic riding school when she was 32 and still truckin’ on, but a bit crabby about being ridden (the five years before that she taught two little girls to ride). She spent another two wonderful years being groomed and polished endlessly and loved every minute of it.

Really, one in each hand, and I toss them back and forth, with each toss repeating the wish that Poncho finds the perfect stall, just 3 blocks away!
Kryswyn keeps tossing, so glad that Beezer asked the question that was puzzling her.

~Kryswyn~
“Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo”

Murphy and I hope Poncho gets that stall. How wonderful for Poncho to be loved and fussed over, and still very near your home!

jingle, jingle, jingle…

Emily came and saw Poncho. She rode and observed him in the cross ties etc… he was a very good boy. She thought he was the “perfect” size, and walked great. Emily also was surprised as to how sound he was.
But I would not have considered him a benefit for the program if he wasn’t sound.
About an hour after I dropped her off, she phoned and left a message that they didn’t have room for him
Suggesting that I call another Theraputic Center not too far away, approx 15 to 20 miles from our home.
She said to tell them much she liked Poncho.
So I called right away, and was called back and told they did not want a horse with ringbone.
It did not matter how sound he was.

On Thursday a friend I work with, Sue, suggested a person she knew from the Hollywood Hill Saddle Club, named Kay H.
I phoned Kay from work and she called me when I got home.
I had a lesson on Elliot that evening and so Kay came out and rode Poncho, and said she would love to have him.

Kay shows World Class Appaloosas and needed a companion for her yearling, and wanted a horse to ride on the trails, and “dink” around with.
She also has a renter at her home from Scotland who likes to ride, and she lives right on some trails with a lovely barn and paddocks.
So today she picked Poncho up, and we have him moved into his new home.

This is actually a better situation than the Theraputic centers as he will be used sparingly and still be getting a lot of attention and love from a very experienced horsewoman.
Mallory is welcome to come ride him any time, and he is closer to us than Elliot now.

So Thank You For The Curb Chain Jangling Girls!!!

Wonderful news!

Oh yes the Boeing lay offs, ugh
I know of atleast one Boeing employee on here, and I wish her well.

jangle, jangle, jangle

Sad as it is to give up a horse, it is not a bad life to be in a place where the care is good, the work is easy, and Poncho still gets lots of love and attention!!

jangle, jangle, jangle

i “free leased” my app to SPURS, a handicapped program in westchester, New york and it seems to be working out very well. he’s been there almost a year. good luck!

Congratulations! I’m so glad to hear that you found a good home for him!

I’m so happy it all worked out for him. It sounds like he’ll have a lovely home with this woman and he’ll have a nice pal with the yearling.

Curb jingling works!!

“Oh Mickey you’re so fine, you’re so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey! Hey Mickey!”