Unlimited access >

CWD: Redo on custom saddle?

Had a couple trainers watch me ride in my recently received custom CWD saddle. All have come to conclusion that I need to go down a flap and seat size and that it’s throwing off my balance and equitation.

One of the trainers who has dealt with CWD, ordered personal saddles for herself over the years and has gone through the process and helped clients order theirs suggested that I shouldn’t settle with the saddle and contact the rep asking to have her come down immediately to have something done.

Judging by the saddle, I was fitted incorrectly by my area rep. I am having her come back this Friday to re-evaluate the saddle and it’s fit for me with that one trainer.

Have any of you or someone you know run into this problem before?

What can I expect her do do for me with the given situation?

… bringing out the popcorn …

[QUOTE=Jo;7595381]
… bringing out the popcorn …[/QUOTE]

:no: Looking for serious answers, thank you.

Ouch. I would definitely not settle for a custom saddle that doesn’t fit. Search for sammicat’s recent thread on her issues with an ill fitting CWD if you’re looking for other experiences.

[QUOTE=hj0519;7595398]
Ouch. I would definitely not settle for a custom saddle that doesn’t fit. Search for sammicat’s recent thread on her issues with an ill fitting CWD if you’re looking for other experiences.[/QUOTE]

Will do, how recent was it?
Is it the inquiry about grain/buffalo or the Updated one?

[QUOTE=amnich123;7595399]
Will do, how recent was it?
Is it the inquiry about grain/buffalo or the Updated one?[/QUOTE]

Pretty recent, the update about CWD one. It starts off asking for experiences with other saddles, but later goes into her issues with CWD if you read the whole thing.

Did your trainers watch you ride in the saddle (test model) before you bought it? Or did you just go based off the rep’s recommendations?

I’d contact the rep ASAP to see what can be done.

[QUOTE=Pancakes;7595408]
Did your trainers watch you ride in the saddle (test model) before you bought it? Or did you just go based off the rep’s recommendations?

I’d contact the rep ASAP to see what can be done.[/QUOTE]

Yes, a former trainer of the barn that I ride at watched me test ride in a demo with the same seat size & flap that I ordered custom. I then went off of the rep’s recommendation. I’m 5’5 with a 17" seat and 3L flap. I’m literally swimming in the saddle. Can’t find my position.

I contacted my rep this weekend and she’s coming down Friday. Hopefully things will work out and what I’m hoping that’ll happen will be that I can place another order in the correct size(cost free) and they’ll take back the saddle and give me a loaner to use while I’m waiting.

If I place the order this Friday do you think I’ll be able to get it before France goes on vacation in the summer? (Heard they close in the summer)

It was recent and it was not a simple process. Maybe 2 weeks ago. Wasn’t this saddle perfect when you tried a 17" 3L demo?

Why wasn’t an issue for the test ride? Were the saddles that different, or is it after a few weeks that things aren’t working out?

[QUOTE=soloudinhere;7595417]
It was recent and it was not a simple process. Maybe 2 weeks ago. Wasn’t this saddle perfect when you tried a 17" 3L demo?[/QUOTE]

Yes it was! Or at lease I was convinced that it was.

Honestly, my first thought when I read the title here was “another one?”

I do know people who have CWDs and love them, but it seems like lately I haven’t read anything good about people’s experiences with reps and customs that fit/come in a timely manner.

[QUOTE=Pancakes;7595420]
Why wasn’t an issue for the test ride? Were the saddles that different, or is it after a few weeks that things aren’t working out?[/QUOTE]

Yes I think the saddles are that different.

I rode in my trainers CWD 2G saddle which is a 16.5 2L and it couldn’t have fit me more perfect. I could find my center of balance and ride correctly while with my saddle, I’m fighting to find and keep my position.

The 2G is a completely different saddle than the other saddles. Rides and fits absolutely nothing like anything else CWD offers.

Please don’t tell me you’re going to try to upgrade to a $6500 saddle. You could have bought a horse for this kind of money.

[QUOTE=soloudinhere;7595428]
The 2G is a completely different saddle than the other saddles. Rides and fits absolutely nothing like anything else CWD offers.

Please don’t tell me you’re going to try to upgrade to a $6500 saddle. You could have bought a horse for this kind of money.[/QUOTE]

No. I’m not upgrading.

Why don’t you just return the saddle and continue to ride in your lease horse’s saddle, which fits both you and the horse? Am I missing something here?

So you test rode your trainer’s saddle which fit, then was told to order a completely different one?
Or did you test ride the model you ordered, and then found the delivered saddle was different?

If it were me, I wouldn’t order a saddle unless I’ve tried/ridden in that exact saddle, or one with that exact specs.

[QUOTE=french fry;7595432]
Why don’t you just return the saddle and continue to ride in your lease horse’s saddle, which fits both you and the horse? Am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]

My lease horse left because his owner got offered an insane amount to lease him to someone in NY for the year, so that’s not an option. :cry:

[QUOTE=Pancakes;7595435]
So you test rode your trainer’s saddle which fit, then was told to order a completely different one?
Or did you test ride the model you ordered, and then found the delivered saddle was different?

If it were me, I wouldn’t order a saddle unless I’ve tried/ridden in that exact saddle, or one with that exact specs.[/QUOTE]

I test rode the model I ordered and found the delivered saddle was different.

Oh, that’s too bad! I’m sorry to hear that and I hope you have another horse in the works. But, while I hate to say it, isn’t that even more reason that you don’t need your own saddle right now?