Daredevil and Super Saver to Turkey

Full disclosure- I have a 10 year old Honda that I still call the “new car” because my other car is a 20 year old Honda.

Yeah I am a bigtime TB owner breeder :lol:

4 Likes

I just bought a 2013 Toyota Sienna a couple of months ago. It’s the second newest car (bought a 4 year old car with my ex-) I’ve ever owned. Love it, it’s red and had only 67,000+ miles. I actually got it ‘for the dogs.’ :smiley:

2 Likes

Actually his stallion record is pretty decent, especially considering he stands in Florida. Sales have been good, and he bred 147 mares this year; 168, 140, and 108 mares the 3 years before. So there was plenty of interest. He had the winner of the Florida Sire Stakes this year, and even tho his first foals are only 3, he has 3% stakes winners from foals. So I would have to think that the offer was just good enough to enable the sale.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking, too. Because he was in a good place and his offspring were doing well. It’s a shame for Florida to lose him.

1 Like

Let me clear up the new car thing. It is a Subie, not an MDX or BMW or anything. Did trade in a 2001Lexus Rx 300 bought used in 2006, Low mileage though, only 193k. As a long time horse owner, have to prioritize what money goes where. Same year I bought the used Lexus, bought myself a new French saddle. Better then one fancy new car.

Back on topic here, don’t think exporting any of these studs is exactly creating a black hole in the gene pool here. The one horse that “ disappeared” has a pretty common pedigree, average race record, was standing for 4K with blue collar progeny results…and is white. Gave me a chuckle when I googled him after reading of his “disappearance”. Given the fact SA breeders breed some pretty good sport horses, not just racers, with their TBs, it’s a good opportunity for that stud to keep a full book, live long and prosper.

1 Like

Anyone else find the Honorable Dillon thing especially amusing since one of the other stallions standing at the same farm (A Shin Forward) raced in Japan, stood there for several years and now stands in NY?

1 Like

Just adding that I drive a 2009 Audi Q5. I intend to drive it until it falls apart. Why buy a new car when I can buy part of another horse, or pay a stud fee? Such a glamorous life …… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Authorized to Turkey per Racing Post: https://www.racingpost.com/bloodstock/bloodstock-latest/authorized-the-latest-stallion-confirmed-as-sold-to-the-turkish-jockey-club/413205

Myboycharlie was also purchased by the Turkish Jockey Club.

After standing at Haras du Logis in Normandy, France, for the last 6 years.

Yes, many quality bloodlines going to Turkey but the US isn’t the only source.

Boy, the money behind the Turkish Jockey Club is putting pretty good money into proven, good quality studs from multiple sources. That’s interesting but also great for the industry which is losing its luster over here in the US.

As noted in post #69, Authorized was standing in Normandy, France prior to being sold to Turkish Jockey Club.