Unlimited access >

Day 1 Show Jumping from Aachen site

Day 1 of showjumping is over–Speed class.

Beezie Madden on Authentic is first, and McLain Ward on Sapphire is 4th. Laura Kraut/Miss Authentic is 48th, while Margie Engle on Quervo Gold is 88th, and was the drop score.

Hooray for Beezie and McLean for Day 1! Go, USA!

Eric Lamaze stands in 2nd; Jill Henselwood is 49th; Captain Canada came in at 80th. Can’t find Marco Deslaurier.

The Germans are all clustered near the twenties, and the site says they stand team second. The results page says USA second. Germans 6th. The Dutch are standing first presently.

The Brazilians did really well as a Team on Day 1 and are standing 3rd, even after losing two of their horses.

Parco was 13th, which is sort of a shock after his speed round at the World Cup in Las Vegas.

I’m smiling. Doubly. And imagine the extra pressure on Brazil, who are fielding a three man team and do not have the luxury of a drop score.

Thank you thank you thank you!

I love Hickstead, I am his #1 fan and I am rooting for him to be the underdog and win the individual Gold

Great

The article just points out that the Germans are only 4 faults behind Netherlands, not that the are in second place. :slight_smile:
With only 4 faults separating 1st through 6th, it’s still wide open for anyone. I hope to catch the streaming video in the morning, I missed it today. :frowning:

I knew Beezie and McLain would be up there, I just wish they had put Jeffery and Armani in for either Laura or Margie. I just don’t think those two have preformed as well.

Hurrah for Beezie Madden - I love her!

OK just a little fyi…

I spoke to Charlie tonight… It downpoured during Show jumping today. It got so hard that it even was hailing for a bit.

The scores today are not reflective of what these horse and riders are capable of on their best day. Its how well they coped under way sub par weather and some footing, conditions.

Congrats indeed to McClain and Beezie. We still have a ways to go and we’ll see what the weather and the footing does tomorrow.

~Emily

Very glad for Piet Raymakers, what a nice way to make a comeback to International Jumping at almost 50.
Also thrilled to see Beezy at the top, good for her!
So sad I can’t see ANY of this on TV.

Start and Results Lists

Can any of you bring up the start and result lists? I can’t, figure it has something to do with my PC. This is so frustrating, at least I was able to follow the WC from my desk. Now I am totally out of the loop… :frowning:

Here is the link to results and start list

http://results.aachen2006.de/default_e.htm

Once there just click on the “C1 Starter” for a pdf file of the order of go.

And then click on “Results Individual S1” and/or “Reults Team S1” for the the results.

Also here a link to my photos from Aachen.

www.cmannphoto.com/2006weg.htm

from very wet Aachen, Germany

Charlie Mann

Beezie and Mclain rode scorching rounds,there was nothing wrong with the footing when I saw them go,they looked great.

Beezie even commented in her interview that the footing was good.

Gotta love that Ukraine team, made up of fed-up Belgians. When Samantha McIntosh morphed into a Kiwi-Turned-Bulgarian, it was already a stretch, but Belgians-As-Ukranians … excellent! :lol:

[ }

[QUOTE=fernie fox;1847919]
Beezie and Mclain rode scorching rounds,there was nothing wrong with the footing when I saw them go,they looked great.

Beezie even commented in her interview that the footing was good.[/QUOTE]

I was able to watch the last two hours of the show jumping and watched some very good and downright scary rides. Beezie was super and I only saw one horse actually slip, but some horses did seem to have trouble with the footing.

Russell was clearly not happy to be out there in the pouring rain and Nick Skelton had to really ride hard to get him around that course. There were puddles near the in gate and, it was absolutely pouring for a good part of the class. Many horses had uncharacteristic rails and many riders rode more conservatively than they would normally have done in a speed class.

By the way, Dubai Sports TV is showing most of the show jumping, although not all of it. I don’t know if the quality is better than the streaming video, but Dubai Sports is available on broadband from JumpTV. I think the website is JumpTV.com. There is a subscription cost, about $10, but it you’re interested, you can PM me for the TV schedule. They do have a website, but it’s in Arabic…

Does anyone know if Superville, the horse that crashed at the double is OK? He was limping, taken off in a trailer, but I didn’t hear after that.

The commentator announced near the end of the class that the horse would be fine and this morning, the COTH coverage mentioned a pulled shoulder. Lucky pony!

I was EXTREMELY pleasantly surprised to hear that 2 americans are in the top four. :slight_smile:

Beezie just went clear again! That horse is amazing, doesn’t even look like he’s making any effort. What a ride!

There were several interviews with her when she hit the scene as a Bulgarian; the owner she was riding for is Bulgarian and wanted the horses riding under the Bulgarian flag, hence the change of nationality.