Unlimited access >

Dear Abby, Teach Me to Be Polite

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lisamarie8:
and the politely serve her a steaming hot cup of shut the f*ck up

Just s suggestion

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ow. Ow ow OW. Snorting Doritos is NOT fun.

I hate CBJs - there were thousands of them at my last barn. One Nice, Polite Junior (NPJ) with whom I was friends helped that situation out for me. A particularly nasty CBJ said something like, “You know, NPJ, I just don’t think Anne likes me very much…” and my sweet, NPJ said, “Oh, don’t worry. She doesn’t.”

Ah, I love blunt juniors.

“I haven’t got your degree, and I forgot your name…”

I think busting out in a hearty bout of laughter can be very effective…or you can say in an Australian accent:

A dingo ate your baybeee!

…I would go out tonight, but I haven’t got a stitch to wear…

HotFireQueen is a dingbat. Everyone knows Maryland is NORTH of the Mason Dixon line.

Hmpf - New Yorkers!

“For the dead and the living we must bear witness.”

Hi Therese! I’m from the opposite end of town, north of Pittsburgh. Let me know if you ever come back!

You really, really, really should email this thread to the real Dear Abby and see what SHE has to say!

ship her to a certain trainer in upstate New York. Then you will only have to see her on certain occasions and hopefully someone’s grandmother will run her down with a wheelbarrow at said farm.

Behind every good woman lies a trail of men

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HotFireQueen:
CBJ wants to ride HotFire’s new horse because “I think I can ride it a little better than you.”

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

“Gee, too bad for you s/he’s not YOUR horse.”

“As attractive as that offer is (really! ) I’ve seen you ride, and well, no thanks.”

“CBJ, quit your whinning and get away from me.”

Or the very simple but much beloved:

“My goodness, you’re obnoxious.” (Said with the proper tone of dismay ).

In some cases politeness IS overrated.

I wouldn’t worry about the mother, just ignore her.

Where on earth did this kid get such a sense of entitlement? It’s really disgusting.

NYHR

A scrub is a girl that thinks she can ride and is
Also known as a chip an miss buster
Always talkin’ about what she can do
She just sits on her on her on her on her
So (no)

I don’t want your advice (no)
I don’t want to give you my time (no)
I don’t want to watch you try to ride (no)
I don’t want none of your time and (no)

Chorus:
I don’t want no scrub
A scrub is a girl that can’t get no ribbons at the show
Hanging out the passenger side
Of her poor horses side
Trying to holler at me
I don’t want no scrub
A scrub is a girl that can’t get no ribbons at the show
Hanging out the passenger side
Of her poor horses side
Trying to holler at me

But a scrub is telling me how to ride
But her own game is kinda weak
And I know that She cannot compete against me
Cuz I’m lookin’ like class and she’s lookin’ like trash
Can’t get wit’ no deadbeat (deadbeat)
So (no)

I don’t want to know what you would do (no)
I don’t want to hear your wrong advice (no)
I don’t want to meet you at the show (no)
I don’t want none of your time (no)

Chorus

If you don’t have a eye and you’re missing
Oh yes freak I’m talking to you
You and your crazy Momma
Oh yes girl I’m talking to you
If you have a pathetic attempt at riding but you don’t show love to your horse
Oh yes girl I’m talking to you
Wanna compete with me with no class
Oh no I don’t want no Scrub

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by suzy:
Of course, the ULTIMATE response delivered in a charming Southern accent would be:

“Bless your heart.”

Muhahahahahahaha.

P.S. “Bless your heart” basically translates to the exact opposite using my favorite F word.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Suzy, that is my FAVORITE! I come from a southern family and am well versed and trained in the way of our people MY problem is after being born in Little Rock, Arkansas we moved to Madison Wisconisin. Hence the constant internal struggle between Your reply and Mine

– Why don’t they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HotFireQueen:
CBJ wants to ride HotFire’s new horse because “I think I can ride it a little better than you.”
…<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
To which HotFire should reply…

“My you ARE a legend in your own mind, aren’t you?” (batting eyelashes with a simpery sickly smile on your face)

or the ever so simple…

“You think so? I think NOT.” said while looking down your nose at her.

Or simply say nothing as you burst out laughing hysterically, and every time you lay eyes on her thereafter you start snorting and giggling and laughing uncontrollably.

~<>~ Remember, the Ark was built by a rank amateur; the Titanic was built by a team of experts~<>~

You should hear how it talks to its mother! But then again, the mother is a complete doormat so no wonder!

I am looking forward to trying out some of these responses this weekend - particularly “Shut up, fool.” whap with my big white vinyl Queen Mum purse.

If anyone is at a certain small A show south of the Mason Dixon line on Saturday be sure to stop by for the festivities.

What are they teaching in the MD schools these days? The Mason-Dixon Line is the geographic boundary between MD and PA.

It goes to the tune of Billy Jean by Michael Jackson…(only the main verse though) and it is being sung from the horse to the CBJ.

CBJ is not my rider! WOOO!
She’s just a girl who thinks she’s-good as my mom!
But SHE is not my mom! WOOO!

~MP
Donut girl strikes again: ‘my bro’s bday is tomorrow and instead of cake we’re having DONUTS!!!’

Co Founder: Children’s Jumper Clique!!! Member of the GA clique

Pretend they’re speaking with an Italian Accent. I’ve tried thsi and it gets funnier as it goes on. Just laugh out loud at this CBJ, it really it quite humorous. Then again this is me… I find odd things humorous…

Ok for serious now… I’d confront the child. If the mother doesn’t like it tell her that if she taught her child better manners you wouldn’t have to confront them. I would have told the kid off long ago, although a calm approach like yours seems much better.

Trinity & Spartacus

It’s simpler than that.

Here, Hotfire, borrow my frying pan for as long as needed.

Moesha: THANK YOU!!! I’m no longer crying, I’m laughing!

As for said child, it isn’t the child’s fault, it is the parent. You and Trainer or one or the other of you should sit down and talk to Mummy-dearest about how miserable her child’s behavior is…At Patty’s barn we have a “No Prima Donna” rule!

Aqha Clique

We had one of these types of children at the barn I used to board at. She of course could do no wrong and as her mother said to my husband and I quote…"(insert name of child here) could do so much with that mare…Stephanie just doesn’t do her justice."

Out comes the rifle…bye,bye Mother and child

Of course they say this about Sophie. Who in the 7 years I’ve owned her has only had one other rider sucessfully ride her. She’s a b&$%^ of the worst kind and likes only me

And then laugh.

I think you should just hit the PRINT button on this thread and put it on the barn bulletin board. Problem solved.

Joliemom–I want to meet you someday!

Sleepy is right. BUT, Maryland was nuetral in the Civil War, and has an equal number of ‘Norther’ and ‘Southern’ native ways.

So, HFP, your plan to drown her in toxic southern syrup with ‘Bless your heart’, and then sting her with the forked tongue of the North, is a great plan in my book!