Unlimited access >

Diamante Equestrian aka Johnson Horse Sales

Does anyone have any experience or know anything about Diamante Equestrian aka Johnson Horse Sales in Lehighton, Pa?? Asking for a friend who is looking to purchase a horse from them for their daughter

Thanks in advance

Donā€™t know anything about them. Curious that their Johnson horse sales has ā€œfeathereddreams.comā€ website, then they have all this Diamante Equestrian - yet when I googled Diamante Equestrian I got some very fancy dressage barn with 6-fig horses for sale, and a other place that looks like itā€™s in CA. Looks like they sell a lot of draft/draft crosses and ponies, and mostly western. Not sure if thatā€™s the type of horse or pony your friend is looking for. I donā€™t have any experience with them but none of the horses are the type Iā€™d want for a hunter or jumper, some of the ponies might be very sweet - if the prize was right and a good PPE might be ok.

1 Like

I agree ā€¦seems a bit odd to me as wellā€¦the horse that my friend is looking to purchase from them is the bay Appendix gelding on their website that is an English lesson type horse ā€¦Iā€™m hoping the horse is what they claim because this will be a first horse for their 11yr old daughter.

Please tell me they have a trainer involved and working on their behalf.

7 Likes

One of them on the website has interesting confirmation. please please please make sure they get a PPE. Iā€™d encourage them to look around some more. THere are a lot of nice horses out there

1 Like

So apparently my farrier knows of this place ā€¦these people own Camelot sales auction ā€¦all the horses they sell come from the auction ā€¦they did have their trainer involved and they have a ppe scheduled for tomorrow ā€¦ I advised them to pull blood for a drug/tox screenā€¦apparently the sellers wonā€™t allow a trial ā€¦and I just found out that my friends trainer said she thought the horse appeared ā€œacedā€Ā Ć°ÅøĖœĀ

Yeah thereā€™s some weirdly conformed horses on their site. Are they breeding or just looking for quiet auction horses to sell?

1 Like

Since the trainer thought the horse might be drugged, why are they doing a PPE?

9 Likes

Right? Why on earth would you proceed if the already suspect the horse was drugged? Why waste their money?

3 Likes

I would definitely walk away from this one and continue looking. If there already is a question of the horse being drugged, that is not the first horse for an 11 year old child. Nothing wrong with purchasing from Camelot but I would not look there for childā€™s first horse.

3 Likes

Search Camelot on here. Friends trainer sounds brain dead on this one.

4 Likes

I agreeā€¦it gets better my friend told me that the trainer said itā€™s not a big deal if the horse was ā€œacedā€Ā and also said not to bother getting X-rays Ć°ÅøĖœĀ±Ć°ÅøĀ¤Ā¦Ć°ÅøĀĀ½ā€ĀĆ¢ā„¢ā‚¬ĆÆĀøĀ

Ughā€¦ what kind of trainer gives that kind of advice?

1 Like

Exactly ā€¦Iā€™m frustrated because Iā€™m trying to be their advocate especially since they are being given bad advice from their trainer ā€¦the seller claims she will take the horse back ā€œ if he comes up crippled or nuts, and will trade them a different horseā€Ā yet wont put it in writingā€¦seller had also changed her story several times first by saying he wasnā€™t from an auction, and that sheā€™s used him in lessons for months ā€¦then once the drug/tox screen was mentioned ā€¦suddenly she canā€™t be responsible because she hasnā€™t had him long enough to know what he was given at the auction Ć°ÅøĀ¤Ā¬

shady ā€¦red flag much ā€¦ I can only do so much ā€¦I tried doing due diligence for them since they are new to horses and the trainer is giving bad advice Ć°ÅøĀ¤Ā·Ć°ÅøĀĀ»ā€ĀĆ¢ā„¢ā‚¬ĆÆĀøĀ

1 Like

Changing stories, unwilling to put things in writing, not sure the horse is drugged or not, thatā€™s a red flag festival. Letā€™s say thereā€™s no money involved and itā€™s a free horseā€¦ Iā€™d still be concerned because what happens when it comes up lame or nuts and they have to be paying to feed and vet it? The most expensive animal Iā€™ve ever heard of was ā€œfreeā€ because it had a ton of issues.

At least you tried to inform them.

4 Likes

One thatā€™s getting a kickback?

1 Like

Exactlyā€¦I really tried, and I even had a vet that wasnā€™t involved what so ever try to talk and explains things to them

Even then, if you screw over a client with a poorly vetted or unsuitable horse, how long are you going to have those clients? When sales is part of your business, the only thing that keeps people coming back or referring others to you is your integrity.

1 Like

What a dumpster fire waiting to happen:no:

2 Likes

your friend needs to squash the purchase of that horse, and run away from that trainer. Maybe encourage friend to find a nice lease arrangement for starters. the prices for those horses are quite reasonable but as we all know even a free horse can end up costing a fortune. I hope the horses find good loving homes but honestly I didnā€™t see anything on their website that would make me even contact them about a horse for an 11 year oldā€¦

1 Like