Unlimited access >

Do horses masturbate?

This topic was brought up on another board, and we found one example of it happening. Has anyone else met a sex crazed horse that feels the need to choke his chickens on occasion? The topic came up because I witnessed my barn’s JRT going at it with himself a couple of mornings ago, and as it turns out the board also has a budgie and a rooster with special friends. Has anyone else witnessed this phenomenon?

Because at the point where you can comprehend how incomprehensible it all is, you’re about as smart as you need to be. - Trudy The Search For Signs…

All of a sudden, cribbing doesn’t look so awful.

(actually, this thread has been very educational, not to mention stress-releaving. I mean, how many of us breathed a sigh of relief when we realized our geldings are somewhat normal, after all???)

He’s not really a pony, and I’m really not “pony aged” either.

I walked into my pasture once and seen my friends gelding weaving back and forth beside a spruce tree. I was wondering what was wrong, his eyes were closed, and he looked like he was sleeping, but still weaving back and forth.
He was rubbing himself on a conviently placed branch and obviously enjoying it.
I seen him doing this several times during the summer. Typical male.

“prejudice is ugly in any form.
There is not one breed of horse that is better than others, or one best breed.
Each one has been bred for specific characteristics.”
~John Lyons~

Spot wrote, among a bunch of other crap “Okay Loose Horse no halter - what do you call a mare that humps your arm when you go in there vaginally? I’d call it horny - ain’t never seen no mare with no itch in those thar parts before !”

Poor Spot, still doesn’t know he/she can infuse a lavage w/out using his/her arm in the vaginal canal. Nor should he. You manipulate a speculum, tubing, and most anything else needed for reaching the uterous, through the rectum. And I don’t care what he/she says about the mare enjoying his arm-probe…not. You’re just a perv and belong on another site.

“Loose horse on the main track”

I wasn’t going to add to this hysterical thread. But I just have to say that I feel sorry for any mare that has a tube inserted for insemination or lavage or whatever without the protection of a hand to keep the end of said tube from ripping her to shreds…

And for what it’s worth, we must have a bunch of polite (or shy!) stallions because I never catch them doing uh, well, you know…

…such are the horses on which gods and heros ride.

Stoneybrooke Farm

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maudeflanders:
At least they don’t hog up the bathroom to do it…<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, this had me ROTFLMAO, especially since I have two step-sons that lived with us since the age of 6 and 7.

Believe me… she speaks the truth.

[B]The adventure has begun…[/B]
KT

msj,

But that’s not how they “do it.” You’d have to either be making movements on your own, or have a strong enough arm to hold a horse’s entire body as he mounted your arm.

Not sure what your horse was doing, but it wasn’t getting his jollies off. That would be physically impossible.

It’s all about ME, ME, ME!!! (The only signature worthy of a real DQ.)

My ‘gelding’ does all the time. My trainer thinks he is proud cut.

www.clospepe.com

My gelding drops and gets “excited” any time I groom him. He is an event horse so before xcountry I would always say “better put that thing away before it hits a jump!”
He went to be school horse a few months ago at a friends and found an old mare that he “had relations” with! He had been out with several different mares at many barns and I never saw him do this. My mare he has been with for 10 years won’t let him near her. He had to come home from my friends b/c he was acting dangerous when brought out of the paddock to ride if the mare was in heat! He came home with pec’s and a “jump butt” like I had never seen I have come down to the barn and noticed that he has “belled” like he had just ejaculated, so I guess my boy belongs to this club too!

www.equinewellnessmassage.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spot:
okay okay Sketcher - post the “splinter” picture already…

Would you pay hush money so that others didnt snicker at him?
“Spot”<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well…since he isn’t my horse I don’t suppose it would matter if his picture were circulated. His owner is very young and was blushing strongly the night we were making fun of him.

I don’t actually ‘have’ the picture though… and I’ll be darned if I’m going to be the first one to post one. I didn’t really expect anyone to take me up on the offer Kind of a take-off on the ‘post yor feet’ thread??

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You haff to ASK before you stick der arm in der virginia. Everyboddie they know wot this it be der place for der spank monkey.

I want to haff foto contest. Mebbe I win!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG, I splilled my soda when I read this one

This has trully been an educational post. I knew the “boys” did it…but never the “ladies”, however we have had a few drink induced tack room conversations about it when the stud starts in. Anyway…I just must say…

HAHHAHA…now I’m going to go get a towel to wipe off the coffee from my screen lol.

~Idyll Talk~
Proud member of the Indiana Clique~~There’s more than corn in Indiana (I swear I swear there is!!!)
Pet your pony…she just saved your butt!

I just recently got a gelding. My SO says “oh great, now you’re going to get smacked on the head with his thingy when you’re putting wraps on his legs. Why’d you get a gelding? He’ll be slonging that thing around everywhere.”

I couldn’t believe this comment! But, yesterday, the horse is masterbating in the crossties. I was in the tack room and could see him. He put it away when I came back. Guess my boyfriend knows more then I give him credit for. ) Guys. They’re the same no matter what species.

Every year the senseless slaughtering of millions just for their hides. Poor little Nagas.

I couldn’t read this until today. Well, I could have, but hubby was usually in the same room. He would not understand. This thread MUST be saved to Favorites, and blocked for young children! Some replys are just too funny. Have to have been there to understand.

Older is just a state of mind. Where is mine?

hahaha well i never realized this happened until now…but i almost think i was happier thinking they were such innocent sweet animals!

“I hope you will grow up to be gentle and good, and never learn bad ways, do your work with good will, lift your feet up well when you trot, and never bite or kick even in play.”
-Duchess, Black Beauty, Anna Sewell

My old trainer tried to “help” a stallion who was just a hair short on a mare once, and as soon as she touched “it” he lost his Hmm Hmm and jumped down and pouted in a corner… He was really offended and “Not in the mood” after that!!!

Here are the Devilpups!!
http://community.webshots.com/user/angelgregory87

GO MARINES!!! OORAH!!!

Several studies have found that the majority of stallions will masturbate approx. 6 times a day. Lots of geldings will do so while being groomed, etc.

Daventry Farms
<a href="http://www.daventryfarms.com">www.daventryfarms.com</a>
Quality sport horses and ponies!

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deltawave:

One of my first “jobs” on the track was putting rings on colts…they saved THAT job for the new female grooms…

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can someone educate me?? I’m almost afraid to ask…what is a ring, where does it go and what does it do?? For some reason, it doesn’t sound like a fun job…

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> it was possible that the gelding was a cryptorchid <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually had a question about this. Can you visibly tell the difference between a horse which is a cryptorchid versus having been gelded? How (besides maybe testosterone levels) can you tell the difference? Marks from stitches? Any other ways?

My lod Hanoverian used to LOVE weenie washing time, needless to say I hated it! I would turn him out in the arena to do it, never had to tie him up as he looked forward to it! And I had to clean it once a month because it would get SO gross… I think he got it that dirty on purpose!

One day my friends brother was out there when I had to clean it, and he asked if he could be next

GO MARINES!!! OORAH!!!

I worked at the Breed’s Barn at the KHP one summer. Between showings, we would often take a few horses down to the main gate so the incoming visitors could interact with them. One fine summer day, I took Tre Awain Ginger Blue, a Connemara stallion, to do the nicey with the park guests. I was standing there chatting and answering questions when I heard a little girl ask her mom very loudly what Ginger was doing as she pointed under his belly. The horrified mother gasped and yanked her kid away.

Half the tourisits were staring at Ginger’s belly by this point. I decided to see what was going on and glanced down under to see him going to town. I quickly started him walking in circles as I hissed at him to put that thing away. This only made matters worse, as it was now swinging from side to side as well as up and down . Did I mention that he was, ahem, rather well endowed for a pony?

Suddenly, the other girls that had brought geldings down realized that their horeses had decided to join in on the fun. So here we have a pack of horses having a grand old time in front of dozens of families. We quickly quit the scene, but I saw lots of cameras in use. Those should be some interesting pictures.

formerly cfc