Unlimited access >

Does This Sound Familiar? [Friday Funny]

Q: How many bb members does it take to change a light bulb (in the barn)?

A: 1,343

1 to change the light bulb and to post to the board that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it`s “lightbulb” or “light bulb” or “Light bulb” or “Light Bulb” or “light BULB”

another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

156 to write to the board administrator about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this board

109 to post that this board is not about light bulbs and to please take this subject to litebulb-L

203 to demand that cross posting to grammar-L, spelling-L and illuminati-L about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this board saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this bulletin board

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL`s where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and to post the corrected URLs

3 to post about links they found from the URL`s that are relevant to this list which makes light bulbs relevant to this list

33 to link all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and footers and then add “Me too”

12 to post to the board that they are leaving because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the “Me too`s” to say “Me three”

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is “FAQ”

4 to say “didn`t we go through this already a short time ago on ‘that other board’?”

143 to ask “what`s ‘the other board’?”

853 to pose the question – “Should light bulbs be changed?”

And, one they forgot… 1 to ask the same question 3 days later and start the whole thing over again!

and at least 1 (me) who is too afraid of heights to stand on the ladder, and yet she can still ride a horse?

~Christina~
“Chaos is what killed the dinosaurs, Darling!” JD;Heathers

Not to mention Erin to scold any who advertise a special kind of lightbulb.

And several to debate if a white lightbulb is better than a colored one.

-Anne, the owner of a PrettyFilly and a WildArabianStallion (who still hasn’t realized he’s been gelded)-
“Change is inevitable…except from a vending machine.”

Too funny. We resemble those remarks.

Oh AHC I NEVER THOUGHT YOU WOULD BE THE ONE TO BITE!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!

3 that claim that on the ‘A’ circuit(the only shows they show at of course ) they have their grooms change their expensive, custom bulbs.

20 to claim that having a groom change the light bulb ruins the whole light bulb experience, and the 3 probably don’t love their custom bulbs anyways.

LOLOLOL

me too…

And surely we have not forgotten that the entire debacle, er, thread will deteriorate into a discussion of the rights of baby carrots and quiches?

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PrettyFilly:
And several to debate if a white lightbulb is better than a colored one.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of us are old enough to remember when traditional white was the only light bulb option, and we rue the day fashion and style took over and destroyed real lightbulbs.

That was just the pick-me-up I needed, just got out of a physics exam.

~ Emily ~

Is there and icon that represents how completely foolish I feel right now??? DMK, I did wonder how it could be that you wouldn’t know about FAQ’s. Chalk it up to a long week of rain and dampness that has addled my brain. It’s not like me to miss such an obvious one.

to mention personal experiences where someone at their barn had a terrible accident while changing a bulb without a helmet,

3 to copy pertinent articles listing injury and mortality rates documenting the dangers and

VTrider to post a doctored photo of Sea Urchin after a hideous light bulb experience!

Obviously that didn’t slow me down, but humbleness was not something I scored high in

What is the best wattage for Peep toasting? (This is for HN73, as she is in Hawaii by now and can’t contribute )

Inspirational, I might add.

Thanks!

Portia, I’ll be sure to start a new thread on this next Tuesday.

37 to say that you should be independent enough to change a lightbulb without a trainer

4 of us would like to recommend environmentally sound lightbulbs that don’t need to be changed so often…

One troll to ask, “Do the Mexicans who change your lightbulbs speak English?”

Bumpkining this up, though I am not Bumpkin.

~Erin B #1
Visit my website!
The weather is here. Wish you were beautiful.