Unlimited access >

Does This Sound Familiar? [Friday Funny]

12 to correct “Chef” that she forgot to include, “Does the socket fit the bulb properly.”

“The older I get, the better I used to be.”

1 to ask whether barn staff should change the light bulb for you

23 to debate whether light bulbs are included in full board or are an add-on

755 state that changing a light bulb may not be in the best interest of the light socket and the light socket may just need a rest.

250 argue that changing the light bulb is therapeutic and will in now way harm the light socket.

The remainder change the topic and begin discussing the virtues of Sea Urchin, thongs and the purchase of a certain piece of property next to the Ox Ridge Hunt Club.

Nina (tongue in cheek)

496 BB’ers to empathize with you on the demise of your old light bulb.

231 BB’ers to congratulate you on your acquisition of a new light bulb.

786 H/J BB’ers to advise you as to what is this year’s most fashionable step ladder to use in changing a light bulb

Me to remind you all of the days before electricity when kerosene lamps could burn the barn down .

12 to scream at the original poster that he/she doesn’t love the original lightbulb now that is has no use;
and 12 to yell right back that some of us depend very heavily on the exchange of lightbulbs and that they are not pets.

EMMA

And…

the 5 who caution it is only to be carried out with a trainer present

the 11 who would get their trainer to give them a course of lessons on how to change a light bulb

the 205 who advise on exactly what is the correct apparel for carrying out the task!

AHC - this is undisputable evidence that you have been at work TOO long. Pack up right now and go to the barn. That will cure you!!!

btw, i think it is you want to use

Kellybird – to give us the cite to the catalog that has the best prices on light bulbs

Becca and Kels – to tell us where we can buy the most fashionable light bulbs

Jair – to confess that Lovely Alice is the one who broke the light bulb in the first place when she hit the roof on one of her big jumps!

5 people to recommend calling a light bulb communicator before actually changing the light bulb…

I didn’t read the whole thread, but did anyone mention using draw reins to change the light bulb?

all the people who will talk about the barn being “safe” so non-explodable light bulb cage must be used !!!

~Blaze~
never send a horse to do a pony’s job
member of the pony clique

Q: How many bb members does it take to change a light bulb (in the barn)?

A: 1,343

1 to change the light bulb and to post to the board that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it`s “lightbulb” or “light bulb” or “Light bulb” or “Light Bulb” or “light BULB”

another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

156 to write to the board administrator about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to this board

109 to post that this board is not about light bulbs and to please take this subject to litebulb-L

203 to demand that cross posting to grammar-L, spelling-L and illuminati-L about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this board saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this bulletin board

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

27 to post URL`s where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and to post the corrected URLs

3 to post about links they found from the URL`s that are relevant to this list which makes light bulbs relevant to this list

33 to link all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and footers and then add “Me too”

12 to post to the board that they are leaving because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

19 to quote the “Me too`s” to say “Me three”

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ

44 to ask what is “FAQ”

4 to say “didn`t we go through this already a short time ago on ‘that other board’?”

143 to ask “what`s ‘the other board’?”

853 to pose the question – “Should light bulbs be changed?”

And, one they forgot… 1 to ask the same question 3 days later and start the whole thing over again!

189 to suggest the light bulb first be checked out by vet/farrier/chiropractor to make sure that it really DOES need to be changed!

23 to warn that you must wear an approved helmet anytime you are on a ladder to change the light bulb.

… followed by 57 to complain that we should not have to put up with that kind of limitation on our personal freedom and if someone wants to not wear a helmet to change a light bulb then its their right to do so.

… followed by 207 adding “and it’s their personal right to end up brain damaged or dead, too!”

Well, yes, DMK, as the clear voices of reason on this BB (:smiley: ), I thought it’d be pretty gratuitous to claim yet another opportunity to remind others of our superiority.

…to edit the message to delete the names of specific light bulb manufacturers.