Unlimited access >

Doing business with JILL BURNELL? BEWARE.

[QUOTE=showjumpers66;6506686]
Yvonne, I respect you for sharing this information. There are many of us who have been trying to wave the red flags for years and it has fallen on deaf ears. She has had a huge fan base, so her naysayers are often being accused of making those comments out of jealousy/envy. What a terrible situation for all involved! I hope her parents are fine and have found a better place to enjoy their golden years.[/QUOTE]

This!

[QUOTE=peskee;6506642]
Oh My is right…how horribly sad!!! If this is the house, how are the horses cared for? Bless you for getting the parents out of that! No doubting Thomas here, I believe everything your saying![/QUOTE]

To be fair, I’d probably keep my horses a lot nicer than I’d bother keeping my house, if I had horses on my property. But that’d mean that the stable was more likely to be swept and dusted for cobwebs and that sort of thing than the house was likely to be spotless and perfectly vacuumed, not that the house would be a total pit.

I hope you have forwarded these pictures to the proper animal authorities.

Gimme a break with the “my house is a mess too” statement.

My house is NOT a place of business and obviously if I am doing business with you and you decide not to have a seperate area to handle my product (horse semen in this case), then your business is my business (pardon the word play).

If she has a seperate lab then give me proof of that… Otherwise I have no choice but to take the word of the sister in law that her work space was not only less than sterile but actually a germ infested and possibly HAZARDOUS area that could cause major health issues for a mare in reciept of this semen.

Luckily I listened to those who warned on coth before and talked a few breeders OUT of messing with this farm and the very unhealthy and criminal owner.

The horse area looks fine from what I can see. But it was only a matter of time if someone is unhealthy enough to live with dog crap on their carpets.

[QUOTE=back in the saddle;6506662]
(for what it’s worth… I’ve only lost 2 chicks out of several hundred.)[/QUOTE]

Yes but you are obviously very experienced and not just a little backyard chicken owner who’s raised less than a dozen or what-have you. And obviously you have been blessed by never having sick chicks. Experience does make for greater success.

[QUOTE=rodawn;6506652]
Otherwise, this is just heresay and empty allegations.[/QUOTE]

Hi! Did you mean hearsay? For the record, hearsay is repeating something you heard from someone else that you didn’t witness yourself. Since the OP says she witnessed this herself, it isn’t hearsay. Please don’t misuse legal terminology :frowning: Unless you meant heresy :confused:?

[QUOTE=3Dogs;6506690]
This![/QUOTE]

Double this. It’s heartbreaking for the animals, but even more frustrating that people continue to bring her business.

[QUOTE=NOMIOMI1;6506695]
Gimme a break with the “my house is a mess too” statement.[/QUOTE]

If this is in response to my comment, that’s not what I was saying at all. Just that I wouldn’t assume that if the house is bad the horses are worse because I think it’s not uncommon for people to prioritize horse/animal care over self-care. But I also said that I think the photos go well beyond what would be acceptable even if that was what was going on. Dusty house that needs a vacuum and that sort of everyday stuff? Eh. Not ideal, but whatever. Piles of junk and animal poo everywhere? Not okay. BIG PROBLEM. (Heck, even if you don’t care about the person, there are animals living in the house also - what about them? There’s no way that’s healthy.)

And I totally agree that the conditions for the ‘business’ are beyond ridiculous. That area should be neatly organized and spotless and probably only used for that purpose.

[QUOTE=Discobold;6506708]
Hi! Did you mean hearsay? For the record, hearsay is repeating something you heard from someone else that you didn’t witness yourself. Since the OP says she witnessed this herself, it isn’t hearsay. Please don’t misuse legal terminology :frowning: Unless you meant heresy :confused:?[/QUOTE]

I did mean heresay and I know exactly what it means. We had, at the first post, no proof the poster actually took the pictures, could have been someone elses. This is the internet and anything can be presented by anyone.

However, in subsequent posts, and AFTER my original post, the poster came forward again willing to supply her full name and contact information. Therefore, it offers more credence to the original post that these were indeed her pictures and that she was indeed in that house taking the pictures and providing witness as to the state of affairs.

Don’t take my original post out of context… when I posted, we were going by an anonymous someone claiming to be Jill Burnel’s SIL, who had only posted ONCE ever at COTH, who was making claims that we had no way of substantiating as facts.

Now that Yvonne has stepped forward with more information AFTER the original post, we have more reason to believe the validity of the claims.

Yvonne, thank you for coming forward. I hope your parents-in-law get settled into your house and recover from their own ordeal. I also hope your family is able to get Jill the (psychiatric) help she desperately needs.

[QUOTE=NOMIOMI1;6506697]
The horse area looks fine from what I can see. But it was only a matter of time if someone is unhealthy enough to live with dog crap on their carpets.[/QUOTE]

This I would totally agree with. If someone is struggling to keep their house up to that extent (for whatever reason) then they’re really right on the edge of managing, and chances are that sooner or later something will give and they won’t be able to keep the horse area up either. Probably sooner.

Yvonne, thank you (from the bottom of my heart) for posting these. These living conditions are deplorable, end of story. Putting the horses first is no real excuse, IMO. It pains me to think that my mare was in her care a few years ago. Thankfully I yanked her ASAP. We so appreciate these pictures as a warning to the public as to how she actually operates.

Can you please do something to get the poor dog out of there? He/she doesn’t have a choice as to living conditions but I’m sure would like much better than this.
Please do go to the local animal control people for both horses & dogs.

[QUOTE=ise@ssl;6506687]
KYZTEKE - you posted this isn’t a place for an 80 year old woman?
Are you kidding??? This isn’a a place for anyone of any age. It’s disgusting and gross.

I often wonder if DNA testing was done on the foals she’s produced if they really were by the sire she says they are.

Yvonne - A great big THANK YOU for stepping up and posting the photos and information. This was a very brave move on your part.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. The photos show conditions that are way outside the range of normal - in my opinion.:eek: Looks a bit like at one time there was order… and it just got way, way, way out of control. I think Jill needs help… all kinds of help, massive amounts of help. And while she is getting help, she might want to back away from owning and breeding, at least until she gets her life under control. and on track. She can’t be happy with things as they are.

I am once again thanking my lucky stars for my amazing filly and for my amazing luck in not getting caught up in this mess. I too hope she gets the help she needs and her parents are in a better place.

[QUOTE=rodawn;6506705]
Yes but you are obviously very experienced and not just a little backyard chicken owner who’s raised less than a dozen or what-have you. And obviously you have been blessed by never having sick chicks. Experience does make for greater success.[/QUOTE]

Are you fricking serious?

I do not by any stretch consider myself a pro…but I have raised chicks. Every few years, I get a half dozen or so.
I have not lost a one. Not to say it might not happen, but I keep them immaculately clean as in a rubbermaid tub with shavings that gets cleaned twice a day, dried, and new bedding.

I am not the world’s neatest housekeeper(I am trying) and have hoarding tendencies(I am tossing stuff) but no, I may have clutter, but not dirt or dead animals or poop laying about. UGH.
Barn, yes, pretty clean. Actually, I am kind of known for being a bit on the neurotic side. I just feel when you have animal feces or organic stuff(feed) laying around, you are inviting a host of organisms you may not want around.

Really, for those who don’t think they are the world’s best housekeepers…ok, but if you think that is ok, you need to re-evaluate things.

Fivehorses, Um, I’m not defending her - no way. And as you say, cleanliness is imperative. In the environment those chicks were in, dead ones are inevitable. You and I are saying the same things, but just stating it differently. I would not count Jill as experienced enough to have raised hundreds, as you have. She’s also not capable, at this point, of having the proper conditions to have chicks that could possibly survive. I do believe, Fivehorses, you and I are on the same page.

My husband just read these posts after coming back from retrieving his father’s tractor from the new property, and he wants me to give you his name (Craig Fury- Jill’s brother) and phone number. I can do so in a private message. He’s completely willing to answer any questions you may have. He has first hand knowledge of the new property, and will be assisting me in taking photos this week. There are indeed NO forms of shelter, and no shade trees of any kind. We are having a hot spell, so this worries me greatly. We want to get the word out, and hope that those who read this will share my original post and photos with others. I know you all have many more resources in the horse world than I do. And I want to thank you again for the kind responses. We wanted to wait until we had his parents out of that house before we said anything, not knowing how Jill would react towards them if she saw this.

Are you guys trying to rehome any horses?

I find this so very sad. It was terrible when by all appearances she was just a crook, but now that it appears she may truly be mentally ill, I just find it very sad.