Unlimited access >

DREAM TEAM GROOMS

Ok I just read Emmetts posts so I will have to rack my brain on this one but Lets start with Karen with Micheal Matz and Jet Run.
Dana Goodwagon with Chase the Clouds .
Cheryl Davis with Leslie again. OK I will have to think further so please add to this post. THERE WOULD BE NO DREAM TEAM WITHOUT THESE PEOPLE

[This message has been edited by MB Stark (edited 02-01-2000).]

Hey Alexandra, you are obviously in touch with the Norfield gang, what is Kara Lauinger doing? I’m so glad to here Betsy Stein in well. She was always a nice person…

SPEAKING OF WAGES-- Last year I decided to work in Florida. I needed a break from the corporate or Fundraising or Resturant world I had been in for the 14 years. When I worked for Fairfield in 1979-1981 we were making about 350 -400 a week.
18 YEARS later the salary was the same. BUT THE HORSES and everything else COST MORE . GO FIGURE

Does anyone remember when Michael Sasso took Dillon to a nightclub during New York? Was that a rumor or was it actually true… something about the horse on the elevator???

Does anyone know what Mary and Joe are doing? The last year I was in Fla. they were working for Paul, whose last name I can’t begin to spell. He rides with Leslie. I have a feeling you guys are on line. Let us know where you are!

Mindy and Felix divorced years ago, and she is on the west coast at Indio right now. He is remarried (I think) and living in England shoeing horses.

Remember when Missy Clark was an amateur? And Helen Varble was grooming for the Curreys… And Tom Wright had just started on the east coast as an assistant rider at Deeridge…

Actually, my screen name was Abby from the beginning. When I changed to Cpt. it went back and changed every post I had ever made. I’m actually thinking of changing it again.
MB- that thread seems like it was a long time ago.

coco reilly is alive and well and working for Marilla Vanbeuren this winter.

Hey MB, is this you from the old days at Fairfield?! Let me know your address and I will E mail you directly!
Dana

ABBY- “Sue” (last name I forgot) works for John Madden now. She took care of Calypso at Stillmeadow, right?

What ever happened to Stillmeadow?

Andy M, aka Kanga is alive and well.

E-Mail if you want more info.

Iwas keeping my horse at Norfeild a few years back I believe Kara just got Married again and is out of the horses completely correct me if I am wrong Alexandra

REMEMBER THE NIMROD MOBILE. I think it was a chevy nova that they painted with house paint and brushes blue and tan and put a hunt horn on it. I remember first seeing it at the south florida fair grounds.

ok it seems to be the same 4 or 5 of us adding to this post. Maybe we should have a reunion. Or this is fun as long as Erin from the Chronicle doesn’t mind

I tried to tell some juniors in our barn about that streaker incident recently, and they didn’t believe it! Horse shows are so boring now! I was always told that the “prankster” was Richard Zimmerman…true? false?

Emmet, Thanks for not only the answer to my question but the great behind-the-scenes visuals. I guess Andy set the standard for grooms as far as most memoriable goes. But also, Stocking Stuffer was always turned out to perfection. [He was Regular Conformation Hunter Champion at Washington in '74-'75 and again in '77-'78.]

Who has that photo? Let’s get them to post it! Just for old-times sake.

Could be wrong, but was the winner, Automation? Or was it Sir Thompson?

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Lee McKeever (the correct spelling)

He is definately the best of my generation! No one’s horses look better and go just as good as they look! He was always a great friend to me on the circuit. If I ever had a question or problem he was always there to help and not just for me but for everyone who knows him. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I’m just getting to know Lee and I am finding all of this to be quite true!

Joe works for Dandy products at least he did last year in Florida. I talked to him then…

Did you know? BILLY GLASS, top show manager got his start, rubbing horses at Hounds Hill in Gates Mills, Ohio? The trainer was D. Jerry Baker, now deceased, and the rider? Non other than MICHAEL MATZ.

Kenny,
Well, even if a book doesn’t make you “rich” per se it could sure add a hefty dose of extra income if the book is produced and marketed well, to the h/j niche and beyond (if at all relevant). Anyway, if you decide to pursue this, I’m an editor and would be tickled to be involved, (the book would benefit from a horse person editor rather than a general one) plus I know a major publishing agent in NY who might be interested (she’d want to see a proposal first, of course). Anyway, just more food for thought! :wink:

Sue also took care of Calypso, after Syd had left. Laurie Pitts took care of Balbuco for years…

Ten years after I took the tack off April Rullah for the last time at New York, Ed Andrews gave her back to me! I had not seen her in all that time. The day she arrived in Mass. was a thrilling one for me, and I put tack on her and took her for a short walk. It was an emotional day…
I enjoyed having her for about a year, she was in foal to Truck Driving Man when she colicked and died. Broke my heart…
Dana