Unlimited access >

Dressage rider training

Yes!!!

1 Like

Yes please!

Alterration, is the DressurFit program a lot of yoga? I often see Jessica doing yoga online, and wondered if that is a big part of the program. Thanks.

Itā€™s got both. Lots of Pilates style of exercises and also yoga.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve decided to sign up for DRT3. I have two more workouts left in DRT2, so the timing is perfect to roll right into 3 without losing momentum.

I use Activate Your Seat. I have health issues where I frequently have problems with more typical programs because if Iā€™m sick I lose fitness and start back at the beginning, but itā€™s low impact and focused enough on my particular problem muscle groups to be of use. It feels super easy, and yet makes a distinct difference for me. She also gives a lot of free videos on Facebook for different groups targeted purposes.

1 Like

raises hand - I joined last year but didnā€™t complete DRT1. I did download all the exercises and I desperately need to do this work. Iā€™ve got a big horse with a stop and spin that I need to get over. :slight_smile:

OK, who do we have so far that want to be part of an accountability group (without shaming.)? Lets see if we can keep each other on track and honest.

1 Like

Iā€™m in.

I have to go in to the office tomorrow and then have an evening event to go to. So, this means I will get up at 5 am to fit in Day 1 of DRT1.

I mean it! (lol)

Iā€™m planning to join. Will be DRT1 for me.

I havenā€™t been riding as my horse is rehabbing, but it will be good to get me ready for when I get back in the saddle.

Iā€™m in! Just started week 2 this morning. I need to either find a second yoga mat or use a pillow because my knees already hurt hahaha

I finally opened the download and of course, skipped straight to the first test - rising from a chair using only one leg! I had damage to my sciatic nerve in my right leg years ago and as a result have lost muscle in it. I can manage to stand with the left leg but the right needs a lot of help. (This could explain why I brace off my left leg when I ride.) So, lots of work ahead for me.

oh yikesā€¦ I canā€™t do either leg. I have the DRT1&2 USB drives, so i guess I am inā€¦

My personal opinionā€¦ I have been doing a Pilates class for people with back issues for a year. The program by Jessica v.Bredow Werndl is very different. Itā€™s working on building a very solid core. I like it because it adds up to my Pilates class and I already feel how strong my core is gettingā€¦.

I found that the stools at my kitchen island are a good height for me to start from. They are not as low as the chairs at the kitchen table but still require some lift. Also, if you canā€™t do that, you can cheat and do a small push off the kithen counter or use that to help balance yourself as you are standing. It really frustrates me that I have so little strength in my legs. When I was a teenage I could put a leg out in front of me and on one leg do a squat all the way to the floor and come back up. I guess the last 50 years have not been kind! lol

1 Like

What kind of equipment do you need and what is the format, videos, list of exercises orā€¦?

Yes, it is different. I just couldnā€™t figure out how to describe it. Maybe functional strength? But that gives people visions of weights and lifting.

Either way, itā€™s a fantastic program and I love the new club!

1 Like

Assuming you are asking about DRT, it is 3 20-minute sessions per week, one is core, one is strength, and one yoga. There is also homework, which I often fail to do (stretches off-horse, riding without stirrups, etc.)

Equipment is simple: yoga ball, resistance bands, and eventually a couple 10lb dumbbells. It can be helpful to have a foam roller too. There were 1-2 sessions using a soccer ball, so I went and bought one, but it never reappeared. The simplicity makes it ideal for people who travel since you can pack your bands and most hotel gyms have at least a yoga ball and a couple dumbbells.

Yes!! Totally agree :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Great idea about using higher chairs at first. Sadly, I donā€™t have that, but I do have TRX straps that hook over a door and I can use them to practice one-legged squats, so that is my plan there.

Coincidentally, the Peloton challenge group (PZPack.com) I subscribe too has just opened a strength challenge, too! I hope it is along the lines of PowerZone training as that worked well for me.

1 Like