Unlimited access >

Dressage: What do you think so far?

What happened to Legolas’ left hind leg, trotting up center line, at the end? It almost look like he had stringhalt (which I am sure he didn’t) – but he was really snatching it up.

The announcers made note of it, too.

Saw it too.

Well…had hoped Steffen’s ride would have been a bit better. Now with Charlotte and Tinne left…US could possibly end up 5th.

I thought Legolas was uneven in both piaffe and passage as well. He definitely seemed labored going into the tempis, and from then on. Hope all is well!

For a team that wasn’t going to make news, I think the US riders are doing a fantastic job! I’m at work so can only watch the scores … (thanks for sharing the youtube link for later viewing) … but I’m darned proud of these people.

Charlotte needs 76.643 for bronze, 81.329 for silver and 95.628 for gold.

Watcha think ? She’s next up.

85 so far.

85.214%

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh

Beautiful ride from Charlotte. She rode all out, everything was big and forward. A few very very small bobbles in an otherwise top-notch test.

This leaves the US with 2 riders in the top 10. We should be very happy!

I cannot believe that the Brits passed the Dutch. Now to wait for the last Swede.

BTW, what’s the top hat to helmet ratio?

YW

[QUOTE=vineyridge;7731675]
I cannot believe that the Brits passed the Dutch. Now to wait for the last Swede.

BTW, what’s the top hat to helmet ratio?[/QUOTE]60-40 ish. Some exceptionally unattractive helmets.

[QUOTE=Lord Helpus;7731548]
What happened to Legolas’ left hind leg, trotting up center line, at the end? It almost look like he had stringhalt (which I am sure he didn’t) – but he was really snatching it up.

The announcers made note of it, too.[/QUOTE]

Sounds as if it could be a stifle problem. :frowning:

Totally off-topic, but IMO who the hell shows up to a WEG jog unbraided?! (FWIW they were spun.)

Wow!

I hope Charlotte’s test gets posted to YouTube soon (like Laura’s did). I’d love to see it!

[QUOTE=Oberon13;7731703]
Wow!

I hope Charlotte’s test gets posted to YouTube soon (like Laura’s did). I’d love to see it![/QUOTE]
I was completely choked up, it was fantastic.

Coreene,

Glad I’m not the only one to get a bit teary at it! I watched Laura’s ride on youtube and the first trot half pass got me all verklempt!

And the good news is that three of the US riders will go on to the GP Special. It is the top 32, isn’t it?

Very tense waiting to see if the Swedes are able to move to 4th. Looks as though they might not have.

[QUOTE=vineyridge;7731726]
And the good news is that three of the US riders will go on to the GP Special. It is the top 32, isn’t it?[/QUOTE]

I believe I read it’s the top 30.

[QUOTE=vineyridge;7731726]
And the good news is that three of the US riders will go on to the GP Special. It is the top 32, isn’t it?[/QUOTE]

And 4th place means a spot in the Olympics, doesn’t it?

I think top 30 go on to GP Special…but that still includes three US riders!

And I did read that 4th means qualified for the Olympics.