Dutch harness horse drama. Update major mare/ foal neglect Nov 2023 post 1782 Update Kate Shearer responds post 1930 Nov 25/23

This post right here….so scribbler is more in the know than first stated! Thank you so very much for this. Exactly what was needed. Thank you thank you

4 Likes

Gotta love the British English! Well hello scribbler! :rofl:

I did not foresee the depths of the issues when I started this thread. K was complaining loudly on her public professional FB page about clients cancelling on her. So it’s interesting to hear from the clients’ side.

There was also an article online about K that said something to the effect of “Attorney makes extra cash braiding horses” at some big show. So you can’t believe everything you see online. I only found this after K posted insisting her life was an open book and everything about her is online. Actually, there isn’t much. As there isn’t for most people not in media or entertainment.

12 Likes

So we can take it that my lucky guess is the truth of what happened?

5 Likes

Scribbler we know you are bringing things up from almost a decade ago only to incite the current thread. That’s fine. But you let yourself skip there with the British terminology :rofl::rofl::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Oh dear. I wonder what poor sod is going to reap the fallout now?

17 Likes

Jesus Mary and Joseph

40 Likes

Thank you everyone for your time and comments. I got what I needed here. You all have a lovely holidays and keep on riding and typing away! Happy new years!

3 Likes

You are not being honest here.

If you actually read the posts upthread, you will see that people disagreed with Scribbler, myself specifically, regarding DHH allegedly not being part of KWPN or being misrepresented as a Dutch WB. I refuted that said the DHH can absolutely be part of KWPN and, therefore, a Dutch WB. I also said I thought you were breeding nice jumper lines that were not DHH in origin, and therefore were not misrepresenting the DHH as jumping lines, and that the DHH by itself holds a lot of merit.

The thread then became quite positive with several posters contributing their experiences and successes with the DHH.

It wasn’t until you recently showed up, made vague legal threats, stated a detective was monitoring the threads (sorry to say that is highly improbable), started dishing underhanded insults, and apparently contacted people to start drama that have nothing to do with this that the thread derailed and became a circus.

I understand wanting to set certain records straight but you are being ridiculous and only proving the original post to be accurate with your behavior.

45 Likes

What an utter embarrassment this thread has become.

I just would like to take this moment to remind everyone that they can mute this thread and never get notifications/see it again. Something I will be doing presently, and would politely suggest others do as well.

13 Likes

Yes. I didn’t comment on the DHH posts because I don’t know the breed, and was happy to be corrected that they can be useful for jumper lines. I thought that was going to be the end of it until K appeared.

4 Likes

Yes normal to try to drag someone through the mud with lies and think that no one might say something. For sure we can put this to bed now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think we’ve had a flounce exit.

And I am not who they think I am.

12 Likes

I’m not going to mute it yet, as I learned quite a bit about DHH. So…am hoping the thread returns to more educational information.

3 Likes

I’d argue much more successful and prevalent in dressage lines versus jumper but still - not everyone just piled on and did with Kasheare is stating. On their FB, it appears she is breeding nice KWPN jumper lines (without DHH lines) so I felt she was not misrepresenting DHH as Dutch WB jumpers (not sure how clear I was in my previous posts when I was trying to say this). I guess none of that really matters though. I don’t think I’d do business with this person just based on the responses in this post, which is really unfortunate for someone who appears to be breeding nice lines with good results.

21 Likes

Yes it looks like her breeding program has changed from the first thread about her. Since she is using AI and donor mares and recipient mares her breeding is potentially more flexible than if she was invested in brood mares and a stud.

I have to say it was more the FB drama than the horses that prompted me to start a thread.

It’s useful to vet breeders/ sellers as well as the actual horses.

10 Likes

Whew, house guests are always…something!

Anyway, to get back to the point—here are a few more photos & a video of my orange gentleman from the last week or so. The indoor was busy today so he got to show off his knee action as he spooked mid leg yield at the leaf blower🙄

He is by Gino R.V.F. and out of a DHH/Morgan mare.

25 Likes

There’s only one open right now. Should be easy to find in the dressage forum.

5 Likes

Well, there is the artwork thread in off topic. It gets updated every time the Go Fund Me for Michael is updated with some new artwork.

But, other than that, there is only ever one Barisone thread going at a time, like Jvanrens so nicely said.

4 Likes

Many of us posting here us “British” English. Didn’t realise that was a problem?

16 Likes