Unlimited access >

East Coast USEF Platinum Talent Search Results

Anyone know where to find them on line?

It’s currently streaming: http://www.usefnetwork.com/featured/2013USEFShowJumpingTalentSearchFinals/

And they are only halfway through the flat phase.

Is there a schedule posted anywhere?

** nevermind, found it. Should’ve looked more than a minute.

Order of go for the gymnastics phase is up: http://usefnetwork.s3.amazonaws.com/pdfs/00/00/00/10/71/2013+usef+talent+search+east+-+gym+phase+for+web.pdf

Scoring stops with Lillie who has a 94, but there are 9 riders who go after her–does anyone know what their scores are? Does anyone know if there is live scoring anywhere?

[QUOTE=BigEqRls;7198955]
Order of go for the gymnastics phase is up: http://usefnetwork.s3.amazonaws.com/pdfs/00/00/00/10/71/2013+usef+talent+search+east+-+gym+phase+for+web.pdf

Scoring stops with Lillie who has a 94, but there are 9 riders who go after her–does anyone know what their scores are? Does anyone know if there is live scoring anywhere?[/QUOTE]

Thats the last flat group, my guess is the order will be updated with theri scores

How is the gymnastic phase scored?

[QUOTE=whbar158;7198986]
How is the gymnastic phase scored?[/QUOTE]

I believe like any other eq course except with a time allowed and obviously over a nutso course

ETA: the time allowed might not be for this round

Ok not to sidetrack too much but I have an equipment question. I am watching the gymnastics round and I am truly surprised at how many horses are in with pelhams and double reins. And that even with these bits these kids still can’t come to the halt from the extended canter (poss hand gallop) that well.

ok so 2 questions I guess. 1.) Why so many pelhams? 2.) Where’s the halt training?

Emily

Dunno was thinking the same thing!

I do know my own personal horse tends to actually lean on the pelham and actually went better in something else (also they have never worked well for ME so might have been more rider error than horse!) but that is what it reminds me of!

[QUOTE=Xctrygirl;7198993]
Ok not to sidetrack too much but I have an equipment question. I am watching the gymnastics round and I am truly surprised at how many horses are in with pelhams and double reins. And that even with these bits these kids still can’t come to the halt from the extended canter (poss hand gallop) that well.

ok so 2 questions I guess. 1.) Why so many pelhams? 2.) Where’s the halt training?

Emily[/QUOTE]

pelhams are pretty common in all eq classes.

This is also the bottom section of the riders, I’m sure we’ll see some nice halts a little later in the order.

It isn’t an easy thing to do, no matter the bit, but obviously, this should be a wake up call. Lots of horses get in a forward moving zone, I wouldn’t want to try to halt a top showjumper a few strides after a jump, while also looking quiet.

[QUOTE=SSacky;7199001]
pelhams are pretty common in all eq classes.

This is also the bottom section of the riders, I’m sure we’ll see some nice halts a little later in the order.

It isn’t an easy thing to do, no matter the bit, but obviously, this should be a wake up call. Lots of horses get in a forward moving zone, I wouldn’t want to try to halt a top showjumper a few strides after a jump, while also looking quiet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification.

I guess I am used to watching riders be able to extend and come back in a dressage arena down the long side, as well as hack classes for Handy prizes that go from a hand gallop to halt in a ring, while in a group without knowing it’s coming, and in both of those cases I thought the majority of riders I saw handled it very fluidly. These just appear jerky and not prepared to me. However, if the better riders are coming, great.

Wasn’t a dig. Just was curious. Same way I’d be if I saw a whole bunch of riders in the same class do anything less than neatly.

Emily

[QUOTE=Xctrygirl;7199012]
Thanks for the clarification.

I guess I am used to watching riders be able to extend and come back in a dressage arena down the long side, as well as hack classes for Handy prizes that go from a hand gallop to halt in a ring, while in a group without knowing it’s coming, and in both of those cases I thought the majority of riders I saw handled it very fluidly. These just appear jerky and not prepared to me. However, if the better riders are coming, great.

Wasn’t a dig. Just was curious. Same way I’d be if I saw a whole bunch of riders in the same class do anything less than neatly.

Emily[/QUOTE]

I think its a fair point to mention. If they were truly in control, they would be able to do it seamlessly.

On the order of go for the gymnastics phase, there are a number of riders after Lillie Keenan is listed. Is there a reason why they do not have a flat phase score?
Here are the riders:
60 597 Isabelle Caccamise
61 562 Emma Tyrrell
62 555 Addison M. Gierkink
63 448 Alexa R. Boggio
64 364 Heather M. Flynn
65 592 Allison Toffolon
66 347 Diederique van der Knaap
67 583 Kate Ross
68 546 Megan Mac Pherson

[QUOTE=dp1092;7199022]
On the order of go for the gymnastics phase, there are a number of riders after Lillie Keenan is listed. Is there a reason why they do not have a flat phase score?
Here are the riders:
60 597 Isabelle Caccamise
61 562 Emma Tyrrell
62 555 Addison M. Gierkink
63 448 Alexa R. Boggio
64 364 Heather M. Flynn
65 592 Allison Toffolon
66 347 Diederique van der Knaap
67 583 Kate Ross
68 546 Megan Mac Pherson[/QUOTE]

It was mentioned above that that was the last flat group. The list should be updated soon.

You’ll notice a different when the top 20 come! Especially Lillie Keenan, Michael Hughes, Charlotte Jacobs, Mattias Tromp etc. :cool:

If you guys are bored during the drag break have a look at the RRTP live feed at Pimlico.

(Retrained Thoroughbreds)

http://www.hrtv.com/english/thoroughbred-makeover-national-symposium/

I think it is an interesting point about the halt because I would think at this level it would be there better, there are so many questions being asked that it seems like a fairly basic one compared to some of the others. But really I just like making observations about things, sometimes people take it as a dig or a dis but really it is just an observation of what happened. In no way do I think I could go out and do everything being asked perfectly on that course or have a horse that could put it all together…my horse could have nailed the halt though! Think that would have been about it…haha.

I don’t think either of these are fair comparisons. These riders are riding a very forward, jumper-like course. The pace required here is very different than a dressage test or a flat class. You try bringing a 1,200-lb. warmblood who’s just jumped through gymnastics at a pretty good clip from “go” to “no” in the span of a couple hundred feet.