Unlimited access >

Easy Boot Cloud issues.. anyone else?

I just received a new pair of easyboot clouds for my laminitic pony. He has had a pair of the size 00 for two years used occasionally as needed and I wanted to put them on all four now vs just the front after he has been dealing with a particularly bad persistent case of laminitis that had kept him stall bound for months. It’s a metabolic issue and he is under the care of a good vet.

I ordered the same size 00, my pony has smaller feet than the 00, but since it is the smallest size that is what I ordered now and in the past. Well I could not even get these boots on him, the uppers were so small and the front fabric pulled really tight before being sewed in place is what it appears, leaving no interior space for a hoof. This is for both boots which are sold individually.

Is anyone else having this issue with newer cloud boots? I talked to easycareinc ad nauseum today and they basically act like I am insane for thinking these boots don’t match up to the hoof size they are supposed to fit ( " we have sold thousands of them without complaints" etc), I sent them pictures side by side with the old boots and everything. They told me to size up that these boots are not defective and if I replaced them in the same size they would fit ( or not fit) the same. Sizing up when the boots should have already been too big for him and just having a giant sole is not a good solution.

What other brands is everyone using for tiny laminitic feet? I think I might try the cavallos for minis, it’s the only other small size boots with decent insoles I can find.

For reference pony’s feet measured today are 70mm wide and 80mm long. Measurements of the cloud boots in the size ordered 00 are 89-99mm wide and 102-112mm long.

I have this same problem with my pony. I am not sure what is wrong but it is like his hoof won’t go down all the way into the boot. So he walks around with the bottom part of the boot sticking out in front of his hoof. I bought some other boots because these just aren’t working and as much as they cost they should.

It is hard finding boots for ponies. I bought some Cavallos which seem to fit better but his foot seems to slide out the top of these boots even though the bottoms are not too big. I can’t remember his measurements.\

I have the same problem with the second pair I bought… the first pair I bought on ebay and fit my pony really well, but the 2nd pair I bought directly from easycare and they don’t fit, even on her back feet I can’t get them on.

I’ve just sent them an email… I know I can’t return them though as I bought them from their certified used list… although they appeared to be brand new.

Thank you for your responses SusanO and BoyleHeightsKid. I hope if enough people reach out they will acknowledge the issue and fix it, I really would like to be able to buy the cloud boots with confidence in the future. I did return my pair, and purchased a pair of Cavellos for my pony so hopefully those work. I wish I could figure out how to post the picture of the old and new boots side by side that I took. It is nuts how they are trying to sell these obviously defective boots. In an instance like mine where the pony foundered, I was counting on the arrival of those boots as a medical necessity so it is aggravating to have such garbage shipped to you. And yes SusanO I agree for the price we should be able to count on getting a useable product.

I traced and measured my horse’s front feet carefully before I ordered (founder in one front hoof). The size I bought should have fit based on my measurements but I couldn’t get them on all the way. So not just you. I did leave them on for a bit in his stall so no returns for me but I was super disappointed (this was a year ago). Response was more or less that I must have measured incorrectly and to sell them on.

Here is a screen shot of the instructions on how to post a photo. Photos are one of the positives of the new format.

This screen shot is from this thread in the technical help section.

I believe the base of the boot is the same, it’s the way to top of the boot is made. I believe the top that goes around the front is at more of an angle not allowing the toe to reach the front of the boot and that’s why it seems like you can’t get the heels to sit down in the boot.

1 Like

Thank you trubandloki! I got the pic uploaded.

The boot on the left with the red mud on it is obviously my old boot purchased 2 years ago. The new boot on the right is shown stuffed with tissue paper so that you can see the full interior capacity of the toe. Both size 00, soles are identical size.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting Reefy! It sounds like we all have had the same defect in our boots. If this goes back so far as a year when you got your boots it seems like they should have picked up on the defect by now. I wonder if they are just trying to unload known defective products onto their customers.

I’m having trouble with the Clouds too. Heels are rubbing even though the boot is “supposed” to fit. Can’t get the toe to the front of the boot. If I went to the next size pony would swim in them (he’s in a 0 and measured a 0 by farrier) Also, where the boot folds over in the back (for application) is lumpy and rough. Waiting on a pair of Soft-Rides, but they have been delayed because of the weather in Texas.

Can I ask what size Cavallo boot you got for your pony and what he measured? I’m thinking of getting a pair for mine as a spare or if the Soft-Rides don’t work. TIA.

ETA: Just spotted your measurements, missed them the first read!

Yep I think you hit the nail on the head.

Yep… I’m sure if I put mine side by side you would see the same difference… I absolutely love the first pair I bought which would look like the boot on the left. The second pair I cannot get on all the way, even with a thinner pad in the boot.

Hopefully I get a response from them. If they don’t I’m going to call them. I wonder why in the heck they would have changed the design, because they were pretty close to perfect.

Please excuse the dirty barn bathroom sink. Boot on the left fits like a charm. You can see there is more than one difference in the design of the upper part of the boot. Even the part that comes up the back is different where it attaches to the base.

1 Like

I got the Cavallo “cute little boot” slim sole in size M3. I could have gone down a size but since I wanted to put thicker insoles in I went with the M3. These are for his hind feet, and I am still going to use the older clouds in front, but since all his feet measure the same I will try them out on the front too and maybe end up with Cavallo’s all around if they work out.

I have a pair of soft rides for my big horse and I was happy with the quality of the boot, but I don’t like the raised frog on the insole. I think they are made for shod horses in which case the raised frog is probably great, but mine are both barefoot and it was too much pressure on the frog. I wish they offered a flat insole.

1 Like

Thanks for the picture!

Yeah the angle on the front is so different, exactly the same as mine.

Same problem I have. It is like somebody sewed the boots wrong. The foot WILL NOT go down into the boot and size has nothing to do with it.

Same problem here with the Cloud boots and the RX. I had to buy a bigger size and then the fit at the bottom sucked. I think it is the new closure style at the top. Mine seemed tighter, not as flexible.

I’m milking my old pair that fits and planning on trying this brand. I’ve heard good things so far from pony users.

1 Like

It sounds like people need to make sure that Easy Boot knows that their new design is not working. Maybe one of you that is in communication with them should send them a link to this thread, so they can see that it their new design is not working for lots of people.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. My Soft Rides came yesterday and the raised frog part IS questionable. I also wish they offered flat inserts. The pony seems happy so far with them, but going to order some Cavallos to have on hand. The Soft Rides are SO clunky and heavy for smaller ponies. More so that the Clouds and I’m not sure how that will work out over time. But they DO fit the hoof nicely :slight_smile: