Unlimited access >

Easyboot Gloves coming to Valleyvet.com

I see that the Valley Vet website is getting ready for Glove orders – they’re all set up but the product is still marked as not yet available (I understand that it will be late January/early February). Still, I’m going to have VV email me when they come in.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Gloves vs. Renegades? I have Renegades now and like them very much, but my horse’s feet seem to have grown out of my pair. The Gloves are less expensive, certainly, but I don’t know how else to compare them.

I hear they will be available in half sizes. If so, I think that is BRILLIANT! :smiley: My horse could really use a half size, so I am eagerly awaiting their release. I’ve had to do some modifications on my size 1 epics since the size 0 is just a TAD small.

Out of curiousity, what is the expected retail price? I’ve heard $55, but that seems too good to be true.

I’m waiting for easycare to put a link on their website for advance orders. I’m going to be among the first to sign up! I want a full set for starting up my guy in February – just so I don’t have to start shoeing him early.

I have about a hundred old style easyboots – when I found them super discounted (about $10 each) at various places I would always snap up the 00 and 000 sizes – but I don’t trust them for conditioning because…they.do.not.reliably.stay.on. :no: So, I’m really, really anxious to get ahold of these Gloves.

I heard $55 each, too, but Valley Vet has them for $42.50 each, no shipping costs. Not a bad price if they outlast 5 sets of nail on shoes. :yes:

Great news, and I love Valleyvet for other things too :slight_smile:

FYI-update

by the way… I just called valley vet… easyboot glove “has been assigned a number” and looks like first shipment will be first week of Feb.

I really need some boots, and they are actually listed so I called to check if they knew exactly when. They do come in half sizes and it runs 42.50 a boot.

hope that’s satisfies the curiosity! =) yeah for us

Why not order directly from www.easycareinc.com? Just curious.

Because I am technology-challenged

Oooh! Thanks! I’m not that familiar with the Easycare site, and until you mentioned it and I worked harder at finding my way around the site, I didn’t realize that you could order directly from them. I had just been clicking on “our boots” and when you do that, no little ordering box pops up – you have to actually go to the shopping sections to order the boots, and my small brain didn’t see the, uh, um, several menus for shopping or quick order, etc. The Easycare people will have to redesign their website for those of us who often are on our computers in the wee hours when we are not particularly intelligent.

But, the Gloves aren’t listed yet anyway… not that it’s a big deal, but it seems kind of “unmarketing-y” that there is so little about the Glove, just a couple weeks away from release. The Glove isn’t listed on the “our boots” page and I can’t find any direct links; I had to do a search to find any information about them at all. The only info they have on the Glove via their newsroom, where I’d have thought they’d have a big fat press release at least describing the Glove, is to refer to Garrett’s blog (not that I mind reading Garrett’s blog).

ValleyVet seems more on the ball, all ready to take my money at the earliest opportunity. :wink:

That makes sense to me. Thanks. :slight_smile:

valley vet carries them for less as well… I believe I don’t know what easy boot themselves are thinking about not being more up to date especially with selling them… so it isn’t up to date on prices for the glove…

the old mac g2’s are on VV for 139… easy boot is selling them for 169. “kind of sells it self dontcha think” :wink: :wink:

[QUOTE=Icecapade;3794413]
valley vet carries them for less as well… [/QUOTE]

I have ordered EZboot items from Valley Vet for less… and free shipping.

I guess I’ll be ordering G2’s for my OTTB from Valley Vet. Good to know there is a price difference. I’m not trying the Glove until I hear from others how well they stay on. I found the Bares to be disappointing.

[QUOTE=matryoshka;3794661]
I guess I’ll be ordering G2’s for my OTTB from Valley Vet. Good to know there is a price difference. I’m not trying the Glove until I hear from others how well they stay on. I found the Bares to be disappointing.[/QUOTE]

reviews on the glove look great… looks a lot like the hoofwings product which retails for quiet a bit more which there were abundance of testamonials about … but have disappeared in the last two or three days.

do the OM g2’s work well for you? they have a size more appropriate for my boy? I had some concerns about chafing… toss up between OM and renegades at this point!

I had the original Old Mac’s for my other OTTB, and they worked very well. I used the gaiters for the first couple of weeks, then went without. I had switched to OM’s to allow a rub caused by Epic gaiters (had to heavily modify those to fit) to heal, and then never switched back. He went great in the OM’s, and I didn’t have to modify the boot to fit. What a joy!

I ordered a pair of G2’s for a client in November. They are more streamlined and narrower than the original OM’s, but go on just the same. I like that they are more breathable with the canvas. Frank (my current OTTB) has oblong feet. Since he’s flat footed (well, high/low), he’ll like the hefty treads better than those in the Easyboot line. Frank can’t do high mileage because of an injury to his knee, so G2’s will be perfect for him. I’m glad they aren’t as ugly as the originals. :wink:

I’d be kicking myself if I’d ordered them directly from Easycare when I can get them cheaper elsewhere.

Maty - are you an Easyboot dealer?

$42.50 at VV and free shipping? I think they are $57 through easycare. I already pre-ordered mine :(. Why would they be cheaper through a retailer instead of direct?

thanks for the info!

probably because valley vet buys in bulk and sells lower. not sure though… they have decent stuff, but its good to see a little price competition!

maybe you can cancel your order? its might not be too late!

EasyCare can’t sell them cheaper than their reselers, or the resellers won’t carry the product. That’s just everyday business sense.

Most manufactures prefer that customers purchase through the resell channel. This smooths out their production runs, allows the manufacture to spend time doing what they do best. ( design and build) and the reseller deals with orders, credit cards, shipping tracking orders, returns etc.

EasyCare allows you to buy off their website, Just incase, you can’t find a reseller, or can’t find one with product in stock. But they will price their products to encourage you to purchase from an autherized reseller.

No, not a dealer. If I liked the products better, I’d consider it. I just find that one or two things really nag me about each boot, so I don’t want to be a dealer. I have gone and customized boots for people, since I have a knack for mechanical things. And I do recommend them at times. But I either order for the owner or they order for themselves. I know it sounds idiotic to do things this way, but I’m kinda picky about it. I’m familiar enough with the products that I can make decent recommendations about what will work for a particular horse and rider.

I haven’t tried Renegades yet. A friend is becoming a dealer, and I think I’ll try those on my little Arab mare. So far she’s just fine barefoot, so I’m waiting to see if she’ll need them before investing in a pair. Bank on Frank will do best in the hefty treads provided by the G2’s. Also, I’m sick to death of struggling to get Easyboots on. I’ll need pliers to grip the strap in order to buckle them (I have arthritis), but that’s no more trouble than using a hoof pick to manipulate the wires and clips on an Easyboot.

What I’d love to do is design a booting system that would allow farriers to fit a shoe to a horse and then affix them to a boot that will let the owner put them on and off. The biggest problem is keeping them from turning. Wouldn’t that be cool though?

One of the reasons I didn’t compete Butch at the Old Dominion last year (other than his bucking :rolleyes:) was that I thought he’d need a metal shoe to protect his hoof–I wanted more rigid support for him. He was very prone to leaping and bucking that I thought if he came down hard on a big rock he’d risk breaking his coffin bone. I know this can happen even in shoes, but I thought the potential for such harm would be greater barefoot or in a boot. That’s a rocky ride–I’ve heard there are sections of trail featuring big rocks with no soil between. He’d get so hyped up that I couldn’t necessarily trust that he’d take proper care not to hurt himself.

Oh, that’s too bad. I LOVE the Easycare line of boots. I’ve never had any problems with my 3 horses, or the horses I fit in boots for other people. Maybe you’ll like the new styles better. They promise to be a lot lighter and easier, so I can’t wait!

I know that Valley Vet was in big trouble with Easycare. To be a dealer you cannot sell them lower than 15% below MSRP. They routinely sell boots cheaper than they’re supposed to. The contract you sign says that if you sell and advertise lower than 15% below MSRP, your dealer license gets pulled. But theirs never gets pulled. It makes it hard for the rest of us that try to follow the rules, and still give boots cheaper than MSRP, but we still can’t compete with Valley Vet.