Unlimited access >

Elliot Is Going To A Clinic This Weekend !!!

My trainer asked me if she could ride Elliot this weekend at a two day clinic with Kevin Freeman.

Asked me to ride Elliot!!!???
WOW this is such an honour to Elliot and I that she wants to take him as the horse she rides.

I am just so excited!!! LOL

“Have You Hugged Your Trainer Today?”

Yay Bumpkin and Elliot! I’m sure your baby will be brilliant! You must post pictures of this for the rest of us to drool over…have fun (I assume you will be auditing, right?)

• One must think when looking at a horse that it hears music inside its head
  • check out my diary! http://carpediem4gp.diaryland.com
  • PNW Clique: Fuzzy Horses, Frizzy Humans!

You are all so kind.
And thank you for the bio on Kevin, Cactuskate!!

I think he was in 4 Olympics, I read someplace.
I have met him once, when I drove a Canadian Olympic member to his farm to train with him in the late 60’s.

I will try to get photos this time, but I have no idea how the lighting will be…I am so excited. haha Thank you again for the good thoughts.

Yeah Bumpkin

Not only was he a good boy, your trainer brought home something to pass on to the students. This is what clinics are all about. So glad you were able to watch and see your boy.

How exciting! Are you going to take pics?

visit www.victorianfarms.com

YOu must be so proud and excited! What a great commendation of your training, riding and your horse! We want photos and a complete clinic report – and I’m sooooooo jealous! Way to go!

Told you told you told you!!!

I knew it would go back in that direction.

Happy following hands rock.

We live in the land of NIKE, Just Do IT!

Just be ready for the june show

_\]
– * > hoopoe
The ancient Greeks did not write obituaries. They only wanted to know if you had a passion.

Man, I would LOVE someone to ride either Hammie or Barbie in a clinic. Or, after the way Hammie was today, to take him to a clinic for a mental evaluation. Or maybe that’s what I need…

“You just keep thinkin’, Butch. That’s what you’re good at.” – The Sundance Kid

What a wonderful experience this will be for you both. You will definitely have to get pictures to share with all of us!!

For whomever asked, Kevin Freeman was a member of the silver medal winning Eventing team at both the 1964 Olympics in Tokyo, where his teammates were Michael Page and Michael Plumb, and the 1972 Olympics in Munich, where his teammates were Bruce Davidson and Michael Plumb.

In addition, he showed jumpers successfully in the Pacific Northwest for many years. Having personally watched him compete up there in the late 60’s and early 70’s, he is definitely a very accomplished and versatile horseman!

[This message was edited by dublin on Mar. 01, 2002 at 08:19 PM.]

Uh, who’s Kevin Freeman? I’m so out of the loop.

This space for rent

Can’t wait for an update, Bumpkin!!! (Along with the obligatory pictures, of course!)

You ARE going to audit? We would love to see your handsome boy.

Well I arrived at the Clinic site moments behind the trailer and Elliot was so happy to see mom that he had a bit of a tantrum…“bad boy”, and mom was mean because she had no treats with her!!

I lunged him a bit and he oddly cranked his head every time he went by his old stall like he was trying to figure out who was in there. Otherwise he was good. When one of the horses who lived there passed him in the arena, Elliot stopped and took a good long look at the horse. It was really kind of wierd, like he knew the horse from when he lived there a year and a half ago.

The clinic went well, it was hard filming because it was indoors so I don’t know if the light will be good enough.
They did a lot of gymnastics and Elliot did his bucking flying lead changes a few times, but otherwise he was doing ok.
I wish I was more like Batgirl, and could give you a more detailed clinic review.
Elliot is spending the night at the stable where the clinic is held, Clearview Inc.
And tomorrow is another day

I will try and get photos, but it is indoors and I am in a viewing room on the side of the arena.

I rode with Kevin Freeman a bazillion years ago…well actually it was 1983 I think. He was a wonderful clinician. I had a rather hot puller. He had us WALKING calmly to a 3’ vertical. It was the best school I have ever had. Plus we did some great schooling on changes.

And the horse finally got quiet and made some great hunter rounds.

What I remember of Kevin’s fame was he was a gold medalist in the Pan Am Games and I think went to the Olympics if I’m not mistaken. That would have been in the 80’s I believe. Sorry my brain is rather a sieve.

I hope Elliot has a wonderful time. When do we get to see recent pictures?

“The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!”

It is dreary and rainy here in NC this weekend and I logged on just to see if there was an Elliot update. Thanks. It sounds like it is going very well and Elliot is behaving himself within reason. I hope he enjoys his sleepover. You must be very proud of him.

Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group
Remember, dear, if you’re not bleeding and a fairly vital organ is not hanging out of your shirt, you keep riding

Ohhh Bumpkin you must be so excited. I think you should definitely audit and take pictures. I will look forward to reviewing them during my “Monday morning staff meeting.” Elliot will be so much more interesting!

Member of the Baby Greenie Support Group
Remember, dear, if you’re not bleeding and a fairly vital organ is not hanging out of your shirt, you keep riding

[This message was edited by BustersMom on Mar. 01, 2002 at 02:55 PM.]

Me too: logging in to get the deets on the man’s big day and as I too am in dreary NC, so any news is a great distraction.
Funny about horses “remembering” - we are (at least I am) so concious of not attributing too many “human” traits to any four legged animal- yet, they do seem to have memory and “friends” in the truest sense and on and on and I think I just underestimate trying to be so darwinian correct!

Bumpkin - you’d better go and take some pictures, we want to see that guy in ACTION!!!

Have fun and congratulations, I consider that to be quite a high compliment!

“It’s amazing how there’s no time to do it right the first time but always time to do it over again.”

I just knew he would do his mom proud.

Be thankful for your indoor with the viewing room. We just had a mini-dressage clinic with Jennifer today. The wind was blowing about 25 - 30 miles an hour. I was bundled up in a horse cooler ringside. Like a cocoon, asking and this is the desert right? Why is my nose RUNNING? The riders did an excellent job of dealing with the horses. Bud was comfortably stashed in his stall.

Can’t wait for tomorrow’s review Bumpkin.

“The older I get, the better I used to be, but who the heck cares!”

My trainer asked me if she could ride Elliot this weekend at a two day clinic with Kevin Freeman.

Asked me to ride Elliot!!!???
WOW this is such an honour to Elliot and I that she wants to take him as the horse she rides.

I am just so excited!!! LOL