Unlimited access >

Equestrian Stockholm saddle pads

Man, these things look gorgeous in pictures. Facebook teases me with them constantly. I think I’ll ask for one for Christmas. :slight_smile: …or maybe just buy it lol

Can anyone attest to their quality? I don’t want to spend a fortune and then be disappointed.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

They’re lovely and very well made. I bought one about 2 years ago and probably have more than I should now. Lol. All have held up well and I ride in them regularly.

2 Likes

So far I’ve been satisfied. They wash quite well. There are always some on sale somewhere, so I’ve never paid full price. So pay attention to the ES website too.

2 Likes

Where do you typically see them on sale? On the ES website?

Yes, that’s where I have bought from the most.

Or sometimes I see a Facebook add or skim through my “Promotions” inbox on Gmail and happen to catch something.

1 Like

They are fantastic pads.

1 Like

I ride exclusively in ES pads. The quality is top notch. I order directly from ES, they’re really easy to work with and the prices are usually about the same or sometimes a little less than buying from a US vendor. You also get free shipping if you spend over 100 euros.

I will say I wash them by themselves, like one pad per load. If you put more in, they don’t come as clean.

ES has a lot of sales, especially now that Christmas is coming up. Also when they release new colors, they go live at 10am Stockholm time which I believe is 5am EST, in case you want to grab a new release and not worry about it selling out.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback, all. I believe I shall indulge, when they go on sale. Every color looks SO pretty, and I’ve always been partial to square edges on dressage pads.

2 Likes

They just had a sale yesterday (one day only), but I think new customers get 10% off on their first order. You put your email in and they send you a discount code. The next sale will probably be Black Friday.

1 Like

Dangit, that’s just my luck for not checking on the weekend.

I love the PS of Sweden pads - how do these compare?

I’d say they’re about the same. My only gripe is the ES pads are a bit big on my horse, but the PSoS are huge. They eat up his entire back and middle. Looks ridiculous and much pad infront and behind the saddle. They do make a cob size, but then the drop wasn’t quite right. However, they have measurements available so you can check those out and my horse is quite the compact model.

I would agree with CanteringCarrot in that ES/PSOS pads tend to be bigger than your average pad. I can’t speak for the dressage pads as I do the jumpers.

I took these over the weekend, this is how the jump pads fit on my horse (16.2hh OTTB, average bone, not super fine but not super heavy.)

6 Likes

I don’t care for them. On my mare they are too bulky and I find them hard to clean. The suede lemieux are my favorite by far but a very different look. The Stockholm and PS feel of similar quality to me look at the satin ones of each that I have.

3 Likes

Anyone try the Lemieux (spelling?) ones? I’m specifically looking for satin, because I want to feel fancy lol

1 Like

i don’t like the square back corner as much as i like a matching front and back rounded corner. So though the colors are lovely and satin is really pretty, i think i’ll be shopping LeMieux after looking through this thread :). i just signed contract on a house yesterday and i think i NEEEED to go shopPING~! Also, my mare has stopped oozing and bandage is off her hoof…so need to celebrate her bounce back into health.

1 Like

I’m sort of boycotting LeMieux at the moment, but I do own many (too many) of their pads. The quality has deteriorated slightly. I think the ES, PSoS, and Eskadron, can look more elegant. LeMieux has many colors, but the designs are a bit plain. They got a bit more interesting with their Truffle collection but it’d look horrible on my horse, IMO. Not his colors/for his coat color.

I do also like and have a few Equito pads. They just came out with a few new colors too. Their pads are only satin material.

I’d say LeMieux and Equito are thinner than ES, if that matters.

1 Like

I’ve tried the LeMieux Loire pad. It’s pretty, it’s well made, but I hated the way it fit my horse through his withers and overall it was just too small for him. The metal emblem is only on one side, and it’s much thinner than ES/PSOS.

So if you want a lux satin thin pad, that would be the ticket, but they didn’t work for me. I used it once and sold it the next day.

1 Like

Some of you must have big/long/horses that actually have a mid section :sweat_smile: (Aka normal) even the LeMieux Loire is a bit big on my horse. I should post some photos of him being swallowed by various pads :rofl::woman_facepalming: Woof Wear might as well have been a blanket.

I would choose Equito over Lemieux because I think they look nicer, are similar thickness, and in the same price range.

I am still impressed that my ES pads wash so well too. The Equito also.

1 Like

LeMieux well…all the plain saddle pads were sold out in gray, but shopping was fun :smile: i ordered these things:
i use a sheep fleece under my saddle sometimes. but it is kinda ‘weird looking’, so thought i might as well give an official fleece pad a try. Thank you for this thread and all the various reviews

1 Like