Unlimited access >

Eric Lamaze Submits Forged Medical Documents to Court

6 Likes

Oh my!

3 Likes

Holy. Cow. :hushed:

4 Likes

Well. That’s not an article I expected to read tonight.

12 Likes

How far a childhood hero has fallen.

17 Likes

He certainly defies odds
:thinking:

4 Likes

Absolutely disgusting.

8 Likes

Oof.

2 Likes

He usually has a big fan club here on COTH. I can’t help but wonder what their excuse for him is this time. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

He has always been a flake in my view.

9 Likes

The capability of human beings to go to such great lengths in their dishonesty, because of greed, never ceases to amaze me.

How sad. Hope he gets some help, and makes whatever debts he owes right.

16 Likes

As a Canadian, I was a fan. Admired how he came up from absolutely nothing to the very top of the sport. He obviously had a rough childhood which didn’t give him a foundation on how to be a well functioning human… but that’s not an excuse for being an asshat. I suppose this was all about money. So no, no excuse- he is an ass.

Are there any decent, moral top level riders? This is a serious question and I’m doubting there are.

27 Likes

I think it’s so hard to reach the top of any sport that people have to make sacrifices— and for many, “morals” are one of those sacrifices.

27 Likes

I think it’s one of those “Never meet your heroes” scenarios.

15 Likes

Carl Hester.

38 Likes

I was just a fan of his ability to get horses around tough courses. He sure could seem to ride them well, which is likely why most people were members of his “fan club”. I never was involved in the business, so had no idea what sort of crap was going on behind the scenes so no excuses from this “fan girl”.

5 Likes

I’m a big fan of his. However, I’ve heard things about Charlotte that aren’t so nice. ( third hand so how much truth is there in them- who knows) So did she get her training strategies from him? I genuinely hope he’s one of the good ones.

Wait… so he never had cancer after all?

2 Likes

Reads like a bad novel. I also clicked through and read about the horse he procured for the Chad family at a cool price of EUR 625,000, without revealing that he was also awarded a commission by the seller. Horse never panned out and was resold later for EUR 8,000.

It appears to be habitual with Lamaze. He purchased two horses for Lorna Guthrie and deceived her about the amount he paid AND the amount he sold them for.

9 Likes

It really is a shame, I wonder if he has some type of phineas fog stuff going on from tbi? Weird how a person facing his demise would still do dirt up to the end. I’ve known of 2 people with glioblastoma and both were very nice well liked people who had a drastic personality change in their last year of life, and that was a major symptom that brought them to get diagnosed

1 Like