Unlimited access >

Eventer sent to auction

Awhile back I remember a story about what I think was a KY eventer who got eliminated off her horse at a HT. She was mad and told people she was sending it to an auction. She did and someone went and rescued the horse and evented it successfully

I can’t find that story on COTH anymore, and I no longer have a search button. Can anyone help me out?

Wasn’t it Bornfreenowexpensive who rescued the horse? Maybe pm to followup? I remember the story, but also don’t seem to have a search function.

So random, but I was scrolling through archives … look at post #9 on this thread: https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/f…-november-rain

i clicked the link (on post#9) and it did not lead anywhere. Maybe the thread was poofed in some update or another?

Not me but I knew the horse if we are thinking of same story…she had stops at FairHill event-low level and she took him to New Holland. He had been at same farm I boarded at. He wasn’t the first that his former owner took to New Holland and may not have been the last…and there were people who would have taken him (including trainer at the farm). No one knew that she was taking him to New Holland and trainer was livid when she found out but by then he was safe and adopted. I think his former owner may be out of horses now but I don’t know. I think Mid Atlantic Horse rescue might have been the ones who pulled him. Not sure. I do know he is still with the person who adopted him. I think he is maybe 20 now?

That had to have been at least 15 years ago. So suspect that is why the thread is gone…although I’m sure there have been other horses.

12 Likes

Yeah that one was pulled by MAHR. I believe the adopter called him Wilson after the volleyball in Castaway.

4 Likes

Here’s the full thread with story:

https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/forum/discussion-forums/eventing/4704-unbelievable-from-fhi-to-slaughter-rescue

4 Likes

Threads in the old days used to be purged after a certain amount of time if they didn’t reach a particular post count… I think it was like 100 posts. If you look at the oldest threads they are all that long. So if some of these related threads were shorter than that, that is likely what happened to them.

1 Like

November Rain was bought off Craigslist for $500 by my friend who learned who he really was after the fact.

4 Likes

I wasn’t commenting about November Rain; post #9 had a dead link back to the story the OP was looking for.

1 Like

Hey! I was doing a random search and saw this thread! I actually own this horse. He was rescued by Bev at MAHR and a friend of mine had him shipped to SC and I adopted him in Oct 06! He’s still kicking and will be 26! He’s retired and lazing around my little mini farm and I adopted another guy from MAHR and they are doing great!

74 Likes

Trying to upload a pic - but he’s doing great!

86 Likes

Wow, talk about shine! I need sunglasses just to look at him!

He looks phenomenal. Thanks for the update!

19 Likes

Talk about a happy ending! Thanks for the holiday cheer.

6 Likes

Heres the updated link should anyone else be searching for it like I did:

9 Likes

@ottbnaturally1, I wish I could ‘love’ this 1000xs!
He looks wonderful!
Thank you for this terrific update, and for taking such great care of him, and thank you MAHR and all who stepped up to help him.

This made my day.

3 Likes

What an incredible story, start to finish. How very fortunate this horse was to be found by this rescue group that day. Wow. God bless all of you!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for giving him a happy life and retirement! He’s beautiful!! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Just to add a note I know some won’t agree with.

In cases like this, the owner’s name should have been put out in the horse world so that no one would ever sell another horse to her. How disgusting and heartless.

18 Likes

I have her name - it was also told to me he wasn’t the first horse she had done this with. I have wished poxes on her several times over the years lol.

4 Likes

I do agree with you @Fiesta01. What was left unsaid in my post - not because I didn’t think it - was a condemnation of what this woman did. Sending this beautiful young horse to the kill pen because of her inadequate riding, without any information that might help him find a good home.

3 Likes