Unlimited access >

eventing show jumping

Bill Levitt does not present his horse after a clean run yesterday due to “nasty over reach”

Boyd/Shammy held at the trot up but re-presents and passes.

Kim and her horse to the holding box but passes.

Bummer about Bill :frowning: He was going so well and had been waiting so long. At least once the disappointment ebbs a bit he can be proud of what he did.

Any word on the other Aussies?

I know right??!! He is such classy guy. Been working so long and so hard to finally get the chance to represent Team Australia. He did your country proud yesterday. Just waiting on news of the remaining AUS team.

All Dutch and 5 Irish horses pass.

All horses that were presented ultimately passed, though five were sent to the holding box: http://eventingnation.com/home/all-horses-pass-nail-biting-jog-for-team-usa/

ok, just saw a glimpse of the caravan. Did they take ALL the horses, or just the ones competing?

Russian rider just fell off in sj. Course riding very rough so far.

Do they have two show jumping rounds - the first with all riders to determine team placing and then a second, smaller group to determine individual medals?

the instant scoring appears to have messed up they are showing Sahas Innis of Ireland. It seemed to stay on the Italian a long time I had to go out and reload.

I wish they had the running fence scores like yesterday.

[QUOTE=tlw;7740115]
Do they have two show jumping rounds - the first with all riders to determine team placing and then a second, smaller group to determine individual medals?[/QUOTE]

No…That is an Olympic “thing” as the IOC felt that a rider/athlete should not receive two medals for the exact same performance in the case of team and individual. Hence they show jump again for IND medals. Not so with the WEG, which is run purely under FEI rules.

Shoot. My live feed stopped when the Irish guy was 1/2 way around. I have done everything I can think of, but I just get that darn spinning circle. Anyone else having problems?

So Dirk Schrade shows it can be done. Such a nice clean round!

I had to look twice, Dirk isn’t normally so early in the SJ order of go is the few of these I get to follow live …

EN is updating it live - they got a video of Dirk up - in the update thread
http://eventingnation.com/home/weg-show-jumping-open-thread/

thanks for the clip captures. wish it could be the full meal deal… I am sure the top rounds will show up before too long.

this french station posted some 3 day full rounds yesterday, so perhaps they will have some at the end of the session today.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHTPWexSZGfyM5Ph3al0SDw

Just heard the announder say that Mark Todd was the coach for the Brazilian team so, even though he was not competing today, he had been out on the course, giving his country men, and also the Brazilian riders, advice on the course.

Does that seem appropriate to you? If he is hired by the Brazilian team, shouldn’t he only advise them?

That’s his team why wouldn’t he be allowed to give advice to them? Why wouldn’t he be allowed to give advice to an American? Eventers rider against the course not each other

dont know. If he was not the Brasil coach and just an eliminated rider from his own team, would he be permitted to walk the course and talk to his co-members?

If so I dont see the conflict.

I can name a ton of times my trainer coached me then went in and rode the same class I did, I think a reputable person can do both tasks.

Does anyone have a link to watch the show jumping that isn’t FEI TV? I want to watch…

Peter Barry just went double clear and has moved a couple of places up the leader board.

Alex Hua Tian had a rough round. Selena’s horse looks tired and had 4 rails. Sinead in the ring now.

question: Why was Sinead wearing a team jacket? I thought that was only for team members?