Unlimited access >

Eventing yellow cards 2016

https://inside.fei.org/fei/your-role/athletes/warning-cards

FYI . . . I know that these become a topic of discussion at times, and I always find them interesting. A friend of mine got one . . . . :eek:

I love the discrepancy in reporting these things… god forbid you have a clerical error on your entry or passport, but riding an exhausted horse to the point of a horse fall on a 4* course gets nothing. :sigh:

Yeah. WFP got a warning for improper headgear on the podium!

[QUOTE=devvie;8876818]
Yeah. WFP got a warning for improper headgear on the podium![/QUOTE]

Glad to see they are enforcing those rules put in place to keep horse and rider safe, those podiums can be dangerous.

Maybe not the right place for this question, but I’m really very interested in the discrepancy in # of yellow cards an verbal warnings between Eventing, Dressage and Jumping. Are we policing eventing that much more? Are eventers breaking the rules with abandon?

[QUOTE=FrittSkritt;8876801]
I love the discrepancy in reporting these things… god forbid you have a clerical error on your entry or passport, but riding an exhausted horse to the point of a horse fall on a 4* course gets nothing. :sigh:[/QUOTE]

did she really get nothing for that? wow.

It seems to me that the number of Jumping Warning cards has increased dramatically.

As to whether or not eventing uses them more than the other disciplines, the answers is definitely “Yes.” TPTB made a decision in 2008 to use warning cards to promote safety and better riding.

So do people not know the rule about 3 refusals, do they lose track, or do they not care? That seems to be the most common violation.

[QUOTE=kcmel;8877057]
So do people not know the rule about 3 refusals, do they lose track, or do they not care? That seems to be the most common violation.[/QUOTE]

In the heat of the moment, I’ve lost track.

[QUOTE=kcmel;8877057]
So do people not know the rule about 3 refusals, do they lose track, or do they not care? That seems to be the most common violation.[/QUOTE]

I think some of them know but don’t want their horse to end up walking away learning they can refuse a fence and it’s all over – so many of them continue a jump or two knowing full well the rules. Marilyn Little included and I am surprised she was not marked for that IIRC, was that this year?

Makes sense to me.

[QUOTE=beowulf;8877131]
I think some of them know but don’t want their horse to end up walking away learning they can refuse a fence and it’s all over – so many of them continue a jump or two knowing full well the rules. Marilyn Little included and I am surprised she was not marked for that IIRC, was that this year?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, since the rules don’t seem to apply to her.

[QUOTE=kcmel;8877141]
her.[/QUOTE] Oh no, not another reasonable thread turning into Marilyn Little debate.

[QUOTE=kcmel;8877141]
her.[/QUOTE] Oh no, not another reasonable thread turning into Marilyn Little debate.

Maybe since I am Canadian I should bash Clayton for getting a yellow card :cool:

I didn’t start it:winkgrin:.

I’m not her fan or anything but I don’t believe she deserves quite the amount of shit flung at her.

[QUOTE=devvie;8877245]
I’m not her fan or anything but I don’t believe she deserves quite the amount of shit flung at her.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, although my point was more that the FEI Yellow Card system is clearly failing to address the issues it intends to “fix” by not giving cards to riders/situations that deserve them. There was a rider at Burghley or Badminton that was pressing on a completely exhausted horse last year near the end of the course and still didn’t get carded. There are a ton of examples where the offiicals either chose to ignore the behavior or otherwise.

whoops, I can edit my post if you want OP - though I think most people would know immediately who the posters are referring to.

I think there needs to be more emphasis placed on carding those that ride fatigued horses period.

[QUOTE=beowulf;8877266]
whoops, I can edit my post if you want OP[/QUOTE]

Not to worry! At first I thought the reference was sly, but it’s not, you mention her name straight up.