Unlimited access >

Eventing!

Agreed!!! Very cool story behind him and riding a lovely Trakehner :heart:

Teams so far-

All the reports you ever wanted - inc CC start times.

1 Like

Posted in the Eventing thread too…

I am still making my way through part 1.

Not that one should ever buy a horse based on coat color buuuuuuuuuuuuut….

I adore Flamenco—the dun horse out of Ireland. Hope he’s as cute o/f as he is cantering around the dressage ring.

1 Like

please help a non tech savvy human …

it appear that the last group of dressage starts in about 2 hours

and the XC starts / live stream in about 24 hours (Saturday evening for us, but Sunday a.m. for Tokyo)

is this correct???

yes

1 Like

Starting now. 7:30 Eastern.

All the cheering and clapping you can hear while the tractor is dragging the arena is hilarious.

I think it’s audio from tennis.

4 Likes

Oops— I was on regular eventing schedule, thinking xc started tonight (sat am Tokyo time). Glad i didn’t spend late night hours looking for it :sweat_smile:

So I am way behind on the team rules wity having 3 on the team… does Tamie not get to ride at all? Not even for individual medals?

CC starts Saturday 6.45PM US Eastern (Sunday 7.45AM Tokyo time)

“Order to go.”

2 Likes

She’s the alternate, if they choose to sub a rider.

More info on the Eventing forum.

I haven’t been able to watch this dressage (after cramming in 18-20 hrs of straight dressage).

What happened with Michael Jung and Chipmunk? I see they are not ranked. Did they fail inspection?

Jung riding right now in final group.

he is starting right NOW

Oh, I see it!

Oh, I love the baby shoulder-in he used on the centerline entrance. Nice extended walk.

What a short test! I say this after having watched about 18 hours of dressage, so don’t be offended.

I’m never really sure if the caws of the crow are live or on the pre-recorded tape.

3 Likes

I’m right there with you, but I’ve been watching all the eventing, too.

The short test leaves not much room for error. And heaven help you if your horse doesn’t have the prettiest changes.

I mean, it’s the Olympics, so I’m not complaining. But I’ve been a little sad for some of the underdogs who rode probably the best tests of their lives yet the score doesn’t reflect it. If you have a tiny bobble there are not enough chances to recover points elsewhere.

6 Likes

I’m feeling nervous about the cross country tomorrow. I am glad Ollie is going so early. It will be better after seeing someone go well. I recently started watching the xc from Rio and the falls just ruined it for me. Probably be watching between my fingers. I am getting too old for this…

The crows of Tokyo are no joke! Formidable, for sure, and those are 100% live. They are the semi-benign overlords ruling Tokyo.

4 Likes