Unlimited access >

Fallon Blackwood, vet student who allegedly sold rescue horses to slaughter goes to court May 24, 2023

Can someone validate that is her in the photo?

This is just life experience – Even if that’s her, no, that is not nearly enough. I want a private investigator who knows how to dig deep on that diploma.

Even though that is a small enough class that everyone should know everyone – do they? I want to see class records, and interviews with professors and fellow students who knew her – in class.

I would bet that there is more to that story than that she attended classes, took all of the exams, completed the work and earned the degree. Maybe I have seen and heard of too much and am overly skeptical. But I don’t think so.

It’s normal for psychopaths to be successful in aspects of their life while being violent, heartless and cruel in others. Not sleeping much is also common.

This woman sounds like your typical psycho or sociopath. Possibly focused intensely on some things like school but also on ripping people off and harming animals.

14 Likes

Yabbut how is she ripping off horses in Tennessee while completing a vet degree in Tuskegee – the logistics alone make that problematic.

A detailed timeline of her daily activities would be helpful, imo. :slight_smile:

I suspect she did most of her horse dealing on the internet. Probably didn’t meet her victims until she picked up the horse. It wouldn’t be that hard to drive up to Tennessee from Oneonta via I65 or I59 and be back in an hour or two. Depending on where in Tennessee she was headed…

4 Likes

I get that — but it isn’t a drive there and back like running an errand. There’s collecting truck & trailer, dealing with the people on arrival, loading the horses, unloading the horses, putting them up somewhere, and so forth.

Many times for many trips. She collected a lot of horses.

Maybe she just turned them out into a field. Who knows.

They were not all in the same place on the same weekend.

This happened over time.

It is very believable, though exceptionally horrible.

I doubt she did much more than that considering her end goal.

2 Likes

Does anyone really think that someone who lies to horse owners to send their beloved animals to slaughter actually completed a vet degree?

Why are you figuring out ways that she could have done that degree honestly? While cheating horse owners at the same time?

What’s your point about this woman’s character that she hasn’t already shown us?

Do you think the college has any reason to lie about this person finishing their vet degree?

There is no point about her character. She has no character. If she has done even half of what she is accused of, she is slime.

But that does not mean she did not finish her degree. Lots of slimy people have finished degrees.

Why would the college include her in white coat ceremony photos if it did not happen. They have more reason to not mention her than they do to mention her.

She can still be the biggest jerk in the world and have finished a degree.

17 Likes

At least it doesn’t look like she has a license to practice in Alabama, Georgia, or North Carolina. She did plead guilty to a felony in NC a few years ago in relation to the first case. I sincerely hope she is never allowed a veterinary license in any state. Who could ever trust a person like that with their animals?

10 Likes

This a great reason to outlaw transporting horses to another country for slaughter. Here, there would be a paper trail to give these owners closure. Also, she could’ve been busted before these animals met their fate.

1 Like

Whitecoat ceromony is not graduation! It is at the end of the 2nd year (I think?) before they start clinicals.

I found the graduation information, but it did not include a list of graduates - only that 49 graduated - which the whitecoat ceremony had 54.

So 5 students did not graduate. I cannot tell who those are, but 5 did not graduate.

Please stop sharing this article acting as it was graduation - many are confused. This article was written in 2017! before the charges where even filled.

3 Likes

Okay, I’ll say the obvious. The vast majority of graduates from Tuskegee CVM are Black because it’s an historically Black college. In fact 70% of Black veterinarians obtained their degree there. I hope she didn’t scam her way in….

I also seriously doubt they would give her a degree after the charges came to light. I knew of a student who gave an unapproved anesthesia medicine to his own cat when he spayed and declawed her (yeah, that right there says a lot) and was kicked out of CSU months before graduation (he was in his 4th year).

1 Like

Tuskegee’s website says something different than what you are saying.

I am not saying the article says she graduated, but it says this happens in their third year, not the second.

2 Likes

And for the record, I am glad that no one can seem to find anything that says she is licensed anywhere or such. At least some part of the system worked to keep her from becoming a vet all while scamming people.

3 Likes

I think it is between 2nd and 3rd year - start of the 3rd- before clinicals? But that is why I said “(I think)” because I wasn’t sure.

But the white coat article is from November 15, 2017 which is prior to the arrests within Alabama in 2018.

2 Likes

This is a good point and I am thankful you pointed it out.

2 Likes

If Tuskegee says she got her degree, it’s because that is what Tuskegee‘s record show. I have no question about that and never said that Tuskegee is lying.

I suspect that we have people on this board who are not used to deep-level background checks. And validations of people’s statements about what they have done and accomplished in their life.

And the crap that those deep dives can turn up, even on people wearing white coats, even on people in senior corporate positions with a lot of responsibility.

These things are easy to fake for those who know how. There have been cases of fake Harvard degrees. Sometimes a university, including Harvard, validated a fake degree on inquiry, because their records had been tampered with. Because university security is frequently not great.

I have no idea if Fallon legitimately completed a vet degree or not. But when you have a life history like this one, this would be a major thing to dive into.

There are a lot of fakers in the world. There would be nothing new or unusual about a fake degree. From any university. And any university may erroneously validate such a degree if the tampering occurred.

That is why you have to interview professors and students who were at the university and in the same classes at the time the subject was supposedly at there. Etc.

Having a photograph like that, where she is truly, actually present for the photo, is doable! See how persuasive it is to have it? Remember that she makes her living through manipulation. I won’t take the time to describe how one gets themselves in on a photo like that, even amongst that group, but trust me, it is done all the time.

Talk to the people who were there at the time that photograph was taken. Ask them what they knew about Fallon and why she was there and in the photo. You might be surprised at the answer. That also happens all of the time.

I do not know if the photo was legit or not. But in no way does a photo persuade me of anything.

A dean of admissions at MIT resigned when it was found that she had faked her academic credentials. It happens.

Sharon Kunkel, the registrar of RPI, said Jones attended the school part-time from September 1974 to June 1975 but never received a degree. Representatives for Union and Albany Medical said Jones had never attended their schools.

4 Likes

By the way, this very discussion shows what makes manipulators successful at what they do.

People explain away the contradictions all on their own.

All the manipulator has to do is suggest a fake reality, and the audience will fill in the blanks to make it seem real to themselves.

That is how con artists work.

You don’t have to believe me. There have been books written about how this very thing is done. Those books are part of how I have tried to get a handle on it, out of professional necessity.

If things don’t add up, believe it. They don’t add up.

3 Likes

Yes, like so many others, she thinks she is smarter than the rest of us.
:wink:

3 Likes

I’m not so sure about that

3 Likes