Unlimited access >

Fasig Tipton NY Bred Yearlings

I’ll be curious to see what 407 and 410 (Accelerate colt and filly, respectively) bring tomorrow. Strong dam sides on both, although I think I prefer the filly’s walk.

Putting videos and pictures in a sales catalog wasn’t much of a thing pre-Covid. But when buyers didn’t want to travel to see the horses in person, the idea really took off. There are still sellers who would prefer to present the horse in person, however, rather than take the chance that someone might watch a video and strike their horse off the list based on what they see. Other considerations: a professional video costs about $250 and can be difficult to schedule.

2 Likes

I like the one between yours. 409 by Not This Time.
Wish they had a walking video of 411, the Nyquist colt.

Solomini is getting some nice yearlings.

Mitole filly 429 is nice looking and nicely bred.

Midshipman colt 431 is handsome. He could be more free in the shoulder at the walk, but I like him. Not royally bred,but he’s nice to look at.

444 is nice. 446 as well. 463 too.

Hip 510 is the 2nd foal out of mare I owned for a short time after her racing career. A bit of an unfortunate head on the colt, the mare has a really pretty head and her two year old filly is gorgeous - a carbon copy of her.

I have a few thoughts, but would be interested in COTH’s evaluation. Anyone care to chime in?

1 Like

Looks like a nice colt! I like the neck and shoulder on him. I see what you mean about his head. :rofl:

He’s got a good walk, although I was tempted to cluck at his handler in the video. Might just be me, but he seemed to be moseying. I’d love to see what his walk looks like with a bit more purpose.

1 Like

Laoban passed that head on fairly often, from what I’ve seen online. His head looked better as he grew older. Who was the sire of your filly?

They liked “my” Not This Time #409. 320k

1 Like

And @Amy3996’s #410. 160K

1 Like

$120K and $160K respectively for the 2 Accelerate yearlings. My hunch that the filly was a smidge nicer than the colt wasn’t wrong. :sweat_smile:

Remember that these horses are worth what someone will pay for them. If two people want the same yearling it will drive the price up. It doesn’t mean that one is necessarily “better” than the other. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

How did the Nyquist colt do (Hip 411)? I’ve got half an eye on the livestream while waiting for the vet.

I wasn’t paying attention. I’ll look when the results are posted.

$125K for “your” Nyquist colt.

He was the one I wished had a walking video.

Really want to see what 429 brings.

1 Like

I liked that Liam’s Map colt (#427). $145K

Looks like they like her too. $160K

Dam Sire was Bluegrass Cat

I liked that Oscar Performance. The actual bidders not so much. :rofl:

Yes, but who was the sire of the 2 year old filly you have out of Blue Claret, or am I not understanding correctly that you have Blue Claret’s first foal (now 2 yr old.) Was your filly also by Laoban?

…anyway, I like him. I wish I could see his pasterns more clearly.