Unlimited access >

FEI T.V.

This worked perfectly for me! So glad it ended up being free with an existing subscription. However when I clicked on the WEG part of FEI.TV I was asked to subscribe again - not sure if that’s just because the event is not “live” yet or a glitch where the site is not recognizing my account upgrade.

2 Likes

that is what happened to me too. If you scroll down, it says upgrade for free. When I click that, I still don’t see my name, as if I were signed in. So I just got another email from them saying ‘thanks for the upgrade.’ I just want to make sure before the whole shebang starts.
BTW, thanks NBC, for nothing. I have been all over their site, and NBC SPORT and can find NOTHING about the WEG. Not only that, but I do have an ad blocker and they have freaked out over it. Every site I go to has a cow about that but believe me it doesn’t stop the ads.

Duh, the one channel I forgot to check… Thanks for that.

Thanks for the tip to check my email! .I also have the USEF Fan membership, and just purchased the one year FEI + WEG subscription for $28.33. (~ $ 59. discount) Offer good until September 9th, it said.

I help run StreamHorseTV, which is the website that has listings and links to livestreams, so we’re very interested in what will be available and where. So far, we’ve heard that content will be available on FEI TV, NBC Sports, the Olympic Chanel and Horse & Country TV. We hope there will be enough high-quality content to satisfy those who can’t be there in person. Since the sale of broadcast rights is an important part of an event’s financial success, we don’t expect much free content to be available.

1 Like

Interestingly - my participating membership discount got me the subscription rate of $29.99 for the annual+WEG membership.

1 Like

ROTHMPP, What/which “participating membership”? Is that the USEF? Or a membership from FEI TV?

I want to watch lots, and I want to watch it live.

I am making the following assumptions:

NBC and NBC Sports will only be airing chunks of time and it will be edited to the highlights AND it will contain lots of commercials. But it will be free. Am I right?

Olympic TV: will be airing a lot live (?) with commercials (?) but when the other NBC stations carry highlights, the Ol. ch. will go dark. Am I right?

FEI TV – requires a yearly fee, but you get WEG thrown in. I have no idea how it is aired. On my computer? I really need to get on of those things which sends my computer picture to my TV. What is the best one (and foolproof for a confused beginner?)

I do not want to look at jumping on my computer for 10 days — so I cannot decide what is the best option for me. HELP!

I have FEItv because it’s worth it. $80 a year live or replay. Even if I’m only going back and watching a few things it is. (It was really nice to be able to replay the US time rides in Europe.) I went on my account and added the WEG games free with no issues.

Lord Helpus, I’m sure there are many people who can explain better than I how to hook up a computer to a tv. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/veteran-kaepernick-take-a-knee-anthem/

I have a USEF participating membership. I couldn’t find an email with any sort of code in it, but did a live chat on USEF today and they were able to look up my discount code for FEI TV. As I said, mine got an annual FEI TV plus WEG coverage pass down to $29.99. i was just going to do the WEG coverage, but with how low the total year was, I decided being able to watch stuff on archive later was worth it, plus I’m moving and will not have full cable any longer, so might actually have time to watch some horse stuff online.

There are a couple options - probably the easiest way to watch it on your TV would be if you have a HDMI outlet on both your computer and TV. I do that for my tv cable in my workshop. I run a HDMI cable from my computer to the TV HDMI outlet. It then mirrors the screen of my computer. To not end up with the computer “stuff” around the edge, you can usually “full screen” whatever is on your computer and then it’ll look like a regular TV screen. If you find yourself distracted by the two screens you can either turn the laptop around or shut it most of the way.

Depending on whether you have a Smart TV you may be able to just directly log onto the website on your TV as well.

1 Like

I just got this as an email.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact…f-5935e4c0d72a

it is from NBC. Looks like all their coverage will be on Olympic an NBCSport.

NBC Sports shows 1 thing on my TV (Dish Network) – Double Kayaking (sp?) – and another thing on my computer – Womens’ bicycling. Hmmmm

I have just run thru next weeks programming, and it looks like, (also on DISH,) Olympic will have the most, besides FEI and NBCSport will have some. For xc, it looks like on my boxes that follow only 2 hours for xc, but in the summary, it says 5 hours…Once FEI puts out a list of what they are covering it will be most helpful. I have a roku which worked beautifully during the last Olympics. But the original remote for the TV has stopped working, and I am afraid to 'throw it off regular programming. I just need to be braver.

From our friends at EN:

https://eventingnation.com/how-to-watch-the-2018-world-equestrian-games-on-tv-online/

Link to the FEI TV schedule. https://tv.fei.org/category/live-events

1 Like

Guess I’ll have to pay to watch since NBC has decided that the ONE western discipline doesn’t deserve any air time. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thanks for the tip!

Get a Chromecast plugin. I use mine all the time. Plug Chromecast into your TV. Use Google Chrome as your browser and open up the FEI (or whatever browser). Click the little box in the upper right hand corner of your window that will then ask if you want to cast the screen to " " device. Click on your device’s name and enjoy! You may need to change the input on your TV and click full screen on your browser.

https://store.google.com/us/product/…_2015?hl=en-US

1 Like

THANK YOU. It will be here between 9/14 and 9/18. I should have it for the jumping, anyway. :slight_smile:

Good luck! They have a decent help center online if you run into any issues. :slight_smile:

To watch WEG on FEI TV, a yearly fee isn’t required. There are three options: subscribe only for WEG events, subscribe for the month of September + WEG events, or purchase a pass for one year, and then opt for the free upgrade for WEG events. FEI-TV is aired through the FEI website.

Does the FEItv WEG pass only give you live coverage of the events and not on demand?!?