Unlimited access >

Final Results Freestyle to Music WEG

Blue Hors Silver Moon x World Cup

yup the above is WRONG.

Sire is Silver Moon, dam is Matadi by Matador.

Alexandra, anyone else–is the mare’s name Matine with an accent (like Matinee) or Matine, like Mateen?

and wow–that Kostolany!! what a sire! sire of Gribaldi, etc…

They announced yesterday that Anky is pregant - 3rd month

Martine is by Silvermoon (Kostolany - Mahagoni)
dam by Matador (the black stallion Kyra Kyrklund used to ride)

Oh for gawds sake you are joking right. The Anky bashing just gets more and more ludicrous!!! I don’t think that woman would have a contrived bone in her body, she was, very rightfully, genuinely excited and Sjef always looks like that.

Why do we have to say bravo for the danish horse and still get a sledge in for Anky, (who for my eye did a better test than matine in the kur and deserved gold btw). Can this woman do anything in the eyes of her detractors that isn’t going to be criticised!!! Looks like the answer is no.

Good news!

from www.anky.com

<<…driving the lorry home, just came back from a celebration in the city center of Aachen. Again many people on the market square. What a great audience!."
“And giving up riding? No, absolutely not! I still have the feeling that Salinero and I can improve in our work and he is only twelve. I enjoy everyday of my life with horses and training Salinero and the other mounts. As long as I enjoy riding, you will see me in the arena! I would like to thank the great audience and everybody that supported me. It feels good, absolutely! At home we will celebrate our fantastic week in Aachen.” >>

so the world will still have Anky to kick around for a while.

If anyone really knows the mother line for sure, it would be nice to see the pedigree in the allbreeds database.

Summertime/Matador/?

The advertisers on the American BB’s would be very happy with that :yes:

[QUOTE=nero;1843571]
Oh for gawds sake you are joking right. The Anky bashing just gets more and more ludicrous!!! I don’t think that woman would have a contrived bone in her body, she was, very rightfully, genuinely excited and Sjef always looks like that.

Why do we have to say bravo for the danish horse and still get a sledge in for Anky, (who for my eye did a better test than matine in the kur and deserved gold btw). Can this woman do anything in the eyes of her detractors that isn’t going to be criticised!!! Looks like the answer is no.[/QUOTE]

Please give people whose tastes/priorities just happen to be different from yours and Anky’s a “break.” Some people prefer relaxation over “brilliance”; some do not share Anky’s preference for “hot” horses. As a result, we tend to have different favorites from you. This is not “bashing,” simply the expression of a different aesthetic applied to a sport in which judging is, after all, in large part subjective and a matter of artistic principles which have long been controversial and doubtless will continue to be.

This whole debat could be very simple. The ones who won showed the judges probably what they wanted to see. And this is the way to do competitive dressage. :yes:

And it was refreshing to see that, despite the new rule “a medal for every class” everybody considered Anky as the new worldchampion dressage and not the new worldchampion Freestyle to Music, even the German television and media did !

Theo

[QUOTE=fish;1843591]
Please give people whose tastes/priorities just happen to be different from yours and Anky’s a “break.” Some people prefer relaxation over “brilliance”; some do not share Anky’s preference for “hot” horses. As a result, we tend to have different favorites from you. This is not “bashing,” simply the expression of a different aesthetic applied to a sport in which judging is, after all, in large part subjective and a matter of artistic principles which have long been controversial and doubtless will continue to be.[/QUOTE] well then make comment about the horses you like and for once just leave the negativity about salinero/anky out of it. I love matine too, why is it not enough just to say hopw great she is without alleging that anky’s reaction was forced etc. There was nothing tense about salinero in the kur, his walk was fantastic, he made no errors, was listening alert and submissive. Pick something else to criticise if you must, but tense is not something you can level at him this time. Did you see the test?

wait…Im trying to understand this…Is someone suggesting that Salinero is “hot” and Matine is “relaxed”…?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

One of the few relaxed horse I saw at this level. is standing here beside me now, Goliath from Arjen Teeuwissen.

But… when I ask Arjen about it he did laugh at me and will say.
Relaxed MY ASS.

Nobody get to experience the body language of these horses in these competitions, so nobody can say if they are relaxed or not.

BTW It was funny last week at a major Dutch dressage-competition
My sister on a black Junior and Arjen on a grey Ferro.

Nero, you are jumping to alot of conclusions about what I said. I did not, in any way, criticize Anky. Good God, why would I? She did her usual great job but I thought Matine was better than Salinero on the night. That is my opinion. No bashing there. I have never seen Matine go before, and was in absolute awe. She is a real star…though I do agree that tail is something else!

I do not know Sjef so can’t say “what he always looks like”. He looked displeased to me, even when her ride was over and he could have relaxed somewhat. I will take your word that he “always looks like that”. I thought Anky’s reaction looked forced. Perhaps she was just exhausted, who knows.

Before you crawl out of your skin at perceived criticisms, remember that everyone is not a born Anky-basher. But we are all allowed to make honest commentary here, that’s what BBs are for.

Now back to your regularly scheduled broadcasting…

Hey I support many junior and young riders, and very often I tell them that I am not satisfied. Satisfied means 100%.

There is always something that could have been done better.

Ok, the dam of Matine is Matadi.

Anyone able to find out the rest of the pedigree for Matine?

Well, I consider her the world champion in the musical freestyle ONLY, even though she insinuates on her website that she’s the world champion of the whole event. That’s in VERY poor taste.

welllll, if the medals were still awarded the old-fashioned way–the score from each test added to the next and then divided by 3-- then Anky/ Salinero would be first, Isabell /Satchmo second and Andreas/Matine third.

and not that it matters, because for me both women are CHAMPIONS in capitals, but Isabell on her own site refers to heself as World Champion.

Hey–they are both a lot closer to that title than I will ever be!
And of course, both are legitimate holders of that title.

Anky is pregnant? No wonder she opted for the replacement pony in the awards ceremony. I would not blame her anyway for doing that. Safety first before ego.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/blue+hors+matine

gotta love a great Trakehner bloodline!

[QUOTE=canyonoak;1843697]
wait…Im trying to understand this…Is someone suggesting that Salinero is “hot” and Matine is “relaxed”…?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH[/QUOTE]

Really good point, while I love Matine, there is no way she was more relaxed than Salinero.