Unlimited access >

Finding a puppy--Nellie is here- 1st birthday Oct 8th pics 9/30

She’s so pretty! I bet she will get big!

2 Likes

Green beans! Get some frozen greens beans and rinse them very well to add to her kibble. It is a great filler to help her feel fuller.

3 Likes

So stinking cute! I want to snuggle her!

1 Like

I sat on the couch this morning after chores and just held her while she slept. Otherwise she is just too active for it to be a pleasure for either of us!

1 Like

She’s as cute a a button. So glad you found her ! Please keep us updated as your beauty grows.

1 Like

She is adorable! Without info I would have guessed her to be a GSD X Husky cross! Do Anatolians tend towards blue eyes or is she unique? (Well she is uniquely cute regardless!)

1 Like

She’s really nice !

soft hi-jack ? please

? when one purchases a puppy and is waiting til it can go home at 9 weeks or so : how often does the buyer receive updates and pictures or is it ‘radio-silence’ after the breeder gets the full payment check ?
*** asking for a friend who is impatiently waiting updated pics. TIA

A reputable breeder should provide updates w pics, IMO. If not, request them in a nice note.

On the GSD forum they’ve reported some scammers who are collecting money in advance and there are no puppies/

4 Likes

I myself typically give weekly updates with new photos.
Other reputable breeders I know do the same, with a few giving more frequent updates

1 Like

Thank you for the replies - we think she’s just too busy trying to sell other puppies and has no time for those who have sent full payment. She clearly bred/ has too many litters and not enough buyers 28 puppies and slow sales …Buyer received pics for selection at one day old then pics at two weeks old and nothing for another two weeks. She is a reputable breeder but certainly sucks the fun out of buying a puppy.
Thanks Marla_100 and mommy_peanut.

1 Like

Good lord 28 puppies?

For sure she’s busy. Presumably she’s doing something to market the others, like photos and videos? It would seem pretty easy to send an unedited video from time.

I’d be picking that puppy up around 7 weeks to be honest. By then the dams will have weaned them and clearly the owner isn’t doing other socialization etc. with them. How old are they now?

2 Likes

There are 28 puppies for sale

14 more ^ from above litters sold and leaving from Dec Jan Feb ( not in that 28 number)

Puppies are contracted - not released til nine weeks

ages ^ 2 months one month two weeks

Yes, marketing but sales are slower as winter approaches and just has bred too many litters.
Retiring some bitches will be spayed and adopted to family homes and younger bitches to be bred next year - guessing wanted one last litter from older bitches.

But all the above stated and yes she must be overwhelmed …purchasers are anxiously awaiting updates and this lack of such … sucks the fun out of getting a puppy ! Just a pic & weight once a week would be appreciated.

S1969 thank you for your post

AltersAU, my spidey senses are thinking you have Australian Cattle Dogs. I know it’s a little off topic but they are such great dogs. I am so happy with mine (unpapered thru a great rehoming outfit).

Nope, I have one of the Belgian Shepherd varieties and let me tell you, the John Wick movies made our rescue life HELL!

Sadly not the first time my Spidey senses have lead me astray. haha!

1 Like

Well, sure, that’s what the contract says; I’d ask anyway.

I am getting a puppy soon; they are 6 weeks old today. I just got two videos from the breeder a little while ago. She took them out in the snow today for the first time, and they are also spending a few hours in an x-pen her kitchen on a “field trip” so they can see, smell and hear new things. They are getting trained to be in a crate, held by different people, exposed to adult dogs, playing with different types of toys, etc. (Every day.)

Any breeder with 28+ puppies can’t be doing much with them other than feeding and cleaning up after them. I know you consider this person a good breeder, but it doesn’t really seem that they are; it sounds like a puppy mill.

I’d at least ask whether it is possible to pick up the puppy early; I wouldn’t be surprised if she is glad to get rid of some of them sooner than the contracted date. Early socialization/exposure is incredibly important.

4 Likes

And this is exactly why I should have never posted …

WHOA ! You are incorrect this is NOT a puppy mill !!! This is a reputable breeder - friend has seen her show her dogs ! Has seen the facilities …She HAS EXPERIENCED * STAFF not a one woman operation. This will be friend’s second puppy from this breeder. Her pups go all over - buyers fly puppies with flight nannies.
Puppies are socialized, top vet care, crate trained - groomed. THIS IS NOT A PUPPY MILL !
It’s just frustrating not to receive weekly updates - it curbs the buyer’s excitement.

Happy Holidays S1969 !

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of a breeder who has staff.

If you say it’s not a puppy mill, ok. But she has too many puppies and not enough buyers. I’m not sure what that is called.

Yes, I would hope for pictures or videos. But mostly a healthy and well-socialized puppy. So hopefully your friend gets that.

2 Likes

While it is undesirable in both the German Shepherd breed and Anatolian breed it does happen.

Says it is rare in GSD but does happen. It is a genetic fault but I love her mismatched eyes as it adds to her personality ( she has loads of that) !!

None of her litter mates had a blue eye and there were 10 puppies total.

@BUSY I can guess your friend is upset about no updates/ pictures especially when having paid money already. I wonder how in the world they keep all those puppies straight and get them to the right homes…

Even with staff it must be overwhelming!

ETA: With phones that take pictures and email there really is no excuse not to just snap and send a picture on a weekly basis. Even when you are busy with 28 pups!

Good Lord !
It’s a professional kennel !
They show their dogs !
They provide listing of health testing, along with certified pedigrees and titles earned !
They breed for healthy, structurally sound, dogs with correct type and outstanding temperament !
They have buyers from all over the country even Alaska !
Friend has been there and seen breeder show her dogs !

The facilities are wonderful !
All puppies are weighed and photographed from birth !
All are registered and micro-chipped.

Kennel name is secondary on chip - THEY DO NOT WANT ANY OF THEIR DOGS TO END UP IN A SHELTER… THEY CONTRACT THAT YOU MAY NOT REHOME UNLESS THEY ARE INVOLVED.
THEY WILL ALWAYS TAKE BACK THEIR DOGS !

The sole vent was friend has not received as many pics / updates AS WHEN SHE PURCHASED THE FIRST PUPPY IN 2019 !!!
WHICH BY THE WAY IS A WONDERFUL DOG !

My last post non-believers - keep your snark to yourselves !

Happy Holidays !

1 Like