Unlimited access >

Finding a puppy--Nellie is here- 1st birthday Oct 8th pics 9/30

I guess I don’t really understand your issue - you are the one who stated that the breeder has 28 puppies on the ground right now. And your friend wants photos/etc. and can’t get them. So - what is the answer? I don’t know, she should ask for more, I guess, since they have staff that should be able to pictures.

But FWIW, it’s not snark. I am someone that has been in show dogs for 30 years; I know a lot of breeders across the country, some of whom have top show dogs, some who are top professional handlers, some with long-standing kennels for generations. What you describe is not typical. Does this kind of kennel exist? Maybe, but usually with a waiting list.

6 Likes

IT HAS A WAITING LIST - WAITING FOR SPECIFIC DOGS - COLORS * THEY GET TO CHOOSE APPARENTLY THEY ARE ALL WAITING FOR A SPECIFIC COLOR / markings /SEX OR JUST DON’T SEE WHAT THEY WANT. or more likely * waiting for a litter (by a certain stud dog or out of a certain bitch) THERE IS ALWAYS A WAITING LIST !

yes, I regret posting … you with your snark have made this even worse !

Bless your heart !!!

2 Likes

To get us back on track , I had a pleasant surprise this morning. Our Mini Aussie has been a bit jealous of Nellie and has been taking her toys away, not letting her do anything that she thinks is too much fun :roll_eyes: etc .

They do run and chase each other outside just fine but not in the house until suddenly this morning!

Mia took Nellie’s “flat snowman” away but instead of hiding it( as she has been doing) she shook it in Nellie’s face and flipped it around in front of her. Nellie didn’t know what to do until suddenly she grabbed one end and they started pulling.

After that they were running like crazy chasing each other through the house, wrestling and playing keep away with several toys. They had a blast :grinning:

Tried to get a picture but it is hard when no-one stays still. Here they are under the table.

9 Likes

More pics please - they must be very much Fun !

2 Likes

Ice, consider yourself broken! :rofl:

2 Likes

I will try to get some when all 3 are in the yard. I love watching them play and yes, never a dull moment around here!

3 Likes

Pictures are here!

Who doesn’t like ice Cream?? Every night we give our dogs a little taste of vanilla ice cream. Nellie got it once and the next night there she was, waiting just like the other two.

14 Likes

I LOVE THESE PICS !!! Thank you - wonderful dogs !!! Your puppy is an adorable addition !

2 Likes

All your dogs are lovely !!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful pack.

1 Like

Speaking as someone who has been in performance, field, and conformation dogs since I was a child, what S1969 is saying is dead on. What good breeder has over 2 dozen puppies on the ground but can’t get pictures out and is keeping a puppy list for certain colors and bloodlines WHILE having unclaimed puppies on the ground?

I know of kennels who have staff. I know of kennels that work to try to make sure their people get exactly what they want. I don’t know of kennels that have that many “extra” puppies. I don’t know of any who can socialize 28 puppies properly even with staff and I don’t know any that “just has bred too many litters” to the point that they can’t get the time to send updates to their puppy people. Good breeders have more buyers than they think they’ll need, not hunting for homes and offering radio silence.

You may trust this breeder but OMG, that’s a list & a half of red flags right there…

10 Likes

candyappy they are all beautiful! I love a blue-eyed dog, I can see why the newby appealed to you!

1 Like

Pictures have been updated - all is well.

Puppies are selling - all different age groups - some not ready til Jan and Feb for their new homes - 9 weeks.

Yes, friend has seen the facility, seen her show her dogs and this is the second puppy she has purchased from this breeder - who is well respected and who friend trusts !

4 Likes

ahem…could we stick to the new puppy…maybe start a new thread about this other thing…just sayin…

@candyappy - omg. they are so cute. Nellie has found a bff or is that dff? I love he fact that you can tell it’s her because she is still fluffy. And clearly no dope, either. lol Very cute. Nothing better than a playful puppy or kitten.

3 Likes

She has been drawn to Sadie ( golden dog) from the very beginning and I think it was because several of her siblings had the exact same color?

It has taken Sadie a while to come around as she does not like forward dogs and Nellie comes on like gangbusters but as you can see they do play well and have a lot of fun. Thankfully it wears Nellie out.

She has a lot of energy :grimacing:

2 Likes

Her new favorite activity . Thankfully we have plenty of unwanted catalogs :grinning:

6 Likes

I adore your new buddy !

1 Like

That blue eye makes her look naughtier than she actually is. She’s very cute.

2 Likes

I don’t know if she could be any naughtier? I can’t believe how much I adore her, even after picking up shredded catalogs :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Took her in for shots yesterday. She gained 8 pounds in the 3 weeks since her last visit.

Ears are up and she can go from 8:30pm till 4:30 am before needing to go out. Progress!!

11 Likes

She’s so cute- and that tail is hilarious. It will probably grow in. She does look much larger. :smile:

1 Like