Unlimited access >

Foal Watch 2024

I think I did it right so I’ll try to add another picture or two. He started standing some yesterday, and looks extra tiny next to his extra large mom.

40 Likes

Aww, what a sweet little peanut of a guy. Hang in there, Fuego, we’re rooting for you!

2 Likes

How precious! Please keep us updated on how little Fuego is doing, sending lots of jingles!

I love his little straw bale stall. Yes, he’s itty bitty, but he’s obviously a fighter already! Hang in there, little buddy. From one teeny preemie to another!

2 Likes

Welcome back @Fuego1 and best of luck with your colt! You’re doing a wonderful job with him.

1 Like

Sending best hopes for Fuego from Colorado. Hang in there little guy.

2 Likes

Jingles for the wee one, and mama looks like a very patient sort.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! And yes Fionna is the absolute best mom. Attentive but lets the humans help her baby.

13 Likes

Iitty bitty baby Fuego! We are all jingling and rooting for you. You have lots of CoTH Aunties in your corner cheering you on!!

2 Likes

Long time lurker, infrequent poster, but figured I’d join the party this year. I’m eagerly awaiting two Major Mac V babies, one purebred Arab and one half Arab, half Friesian. Both are to keep as family horses.
The Friesian mare, Lyra, had a Major Mac V filly last spring, unfortunately the filly came out hind feet first and didn’t survive delivery despite the vet being in attendance the whole time. Fortunately Lyra was fine and with it being her first foal she didn’t know what she was missing. We decided to try again after she recovered and so bred her back in June for a mid May 2024 baby. Baby will be either bay or black with hopefully some chrome. Lyra at the moment doesn’t look particularly pregnant but there is a lot of space in there to hide baby.
The Arab mare, Rowena V, is my husband’s horse and was also bred to Major Mac V. She is due early June 2024 and already looks more pregnant than Lyra. Rowena’s baby will be bay, grey, or black with potential for lots of chrome. Knowing my luck it’ll be a grey with lots of chrome. Though as long as everyone is healthy and happy I’m thrilled.

Jingles to baby Fuego!

And jingles to everyone, hopefully we have a better foaling year than 2023.

11 Likes

Welcome, @Festivity! Looks like we’re going to have our own little herd of COTH Major Mac V babies this year. :grin:

1 Like

Baby Fuego will be 1 week old tonight! Yesterday he had surgery to repair a leak in his bladder and all went as well as we could’ve hoped.

37 Likes

I was thinking of Fuego this morning and sending lots of good thoughts your way!

Sending lots of jingles to Fuego and his mom Fiona - what a cute pair.

I had a similar experience years ago. Mare bagged up way too early. We put her on regumate IIRC. Got her to term and she gave birth to a lovely tiny filly and a mummified twin. We had no idea as twins were never suspected. The filly was fine but was always small, even full grown.

Fuego is adorable. Fingers crossed he will stay well. And his momma is beautiful.

2 Likes

Jingles to little Fuego. So far so good! Momma is a beauty.

Thanks everyone! He has continued to get stronger overall but has some issues with his legs. He got splints on his front legs and some heel extensions behind. Hoping we can keep everything lined up while his knees and hocks finish developing.

19 Likes

I am happy to hear that he’s continuing to improve.

Hi everyone! New to the breeding world and these boards (H/J rider for 30+ years). Last year was our first year with foals on the ground and I enjoyed following along with the posts here and figured it was time to join in and contribute!

We have only one foal due this year in early April - a Chacco Blue x Diamant de Semilly. Will be a quiet year compared to last year, but we just bought two broodmares so really looking forward to working with them this year.

@Fuego1 sending best wishes for your little guy to continue thriving! What a cutie and what a sweet mom!

11 Likes

Welcome, @BeasFamilyFarms!

1 Like