Unlimited access >

Forest Green Show Coats in the Eq Ring (Lillie Keenan's Style)

Hi all!

So I’m sure a lot of you watched Lillie Keenan win the 2013 Maclay Finals at the Alltech National Horse Show.

Tonight when I was watching the full recording of the Finals on USEF Network I saw a couple girls aside from Lillie who were also wearing the dark or forest green jacket!

So, I must ask is this color in now as a classic color alongside your navy and black jackets?

I’m considering buying myself one since I have a black R.J. Classics jacket that I’ve had for several years now and am in need of an update in my show apparel. What do you all think?

Also, does anybody know where to order or directly purchase a dark green/forest green show jacket? I’ve looked on both Dover Saddlery + Smartpak and neither of them carry that color jacket.

I’d like to hear your opinions on the jacket color!

Yes, the dark hunter green is making a comeback. I have pulled out my old hunter green jacket from the late 90’s and have gotten it dry cleaned. I plan on wearing it in the hunter ring.

It does seem to be popping up. It’s actually a really pretty color, but still classy enough for the hunter ring.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but maybe check EBay? They might have a coat. Otherwise I’m thinking of some sort of European website, with astronomical prices.

I saw several at WIHS in the pony hunters… it is definitely more acceptable and on trend now, thanks to one trendsetting kid I guess. I believe the most popular green coats at the Charles Ancona coats. The Grand Prix techlite comes in a green, but it may be special order. I have seen it on Farmhousetack.com

Grand Prix also makes a traditional wool coat in dark green - I got mine through Farmhousetack.com, who actually ordered it for me since they didn’t have one in stock.

I have an old one that doesn’t fit me anymore–maybe now is the time to sell it! :wink:

What!!! Score! I have some brown boots on order and am DYING for a forest green hunt coat. ESPECIALLY since I have a chestnut. trots off to see if ebay has any

Right, I knew Charles Ancona carries the green jackets, but I’m in no position to drop $595 on a show jacket although I can only imagine how nice they are!

[QUOTE=Mayaty02;7440970]
I saw several at WIHS in the pony hunters… it is definitely more acceptable and on trend now, thanks to one trendsetting kid I guess. I believe the most popular green coats at the Charles Ancona coats. The Grand Prix techlite comes in a green, but it may be special order. I have seen it on Farmhousetack.com[/QUOTE]

Looked on EBay! Nothing in my size ;(

[QUOTE=Lix Tetrax;7440911]
It does seem to be popping up. It’s actually a really pretty color, but still classy enough for the hunter ring.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but maybe check EBay? They might have a coat. Otherwise I’m thinking of some sort of European website, with astronomical prices.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dewey;7441006]
I have an old one that doesn’t fit me anymore–maybe now is the time to sell it! ;)[/QUOTE]
I’LL BUY IT.

[QUOTE=HRF Second Chance;7441042]
What!!! Score! I have some brown boots on order and am DYING for a forest green hunt coat. ESPECIALLY since I have a chestnut. trots off to see if ebay has any[/QUOTE]

Utterly none. I’ve been looking for the past half year and still nothing it the real hunter green color or my size.
I’ve even considered getting a men’s jacket and having it tailored, but I’m too scared.

I’ve been looking at a hunter green coat for a while now- LOVE them. I definitely want one. I would absolutely take it in the hunter and eq ring. I would even put it with my hunter green ear bonnet and white with hunter monogram saddle pad for the jumper ring! Love the look of hunter green on a chestnut.

I love hunter green. I think it looks amazing on a dark bay. Like Mandy Porter has one and when she wears it on Con Capilot I think its a perfect match!

[QUOTE=hunterrider23;7441981]
I’LL BUY IT.[/QUOTE]

Sent you a PM.

Seeing it quite a bit here at HITS Ocala.

I just bought a Hunter green Tailored Sportsman one on eBay for $30! I know it isn’t the fanciest brand of jacket but couldn’t pass it up for the price!

Black and Navy just don’t do it for me- way too boring. I searched and searched for a hunter green coat on ebay. FINALLY found one. That was 3 years ago. I’m sort of sad that they are getting popular because I liked being “unique.” The coat looks fabulous with my chestnut girl (and my green eyes). I’d really like to get a deep purple coat as purple is also a favorite color for me.

Ah, my forest green jacket from the 70’s came with a velvet collar and a green velvet hunt cap. I had yellow satin lining put in, for a flash over the fences. Brown field boots, too. Yes, Eq and jumpers. Sweet.

I love love love hunter green! I (sadly) sold my coat years ago as it was looking too dated. Wish now that I still had it, LOL!

Sounds like a perfect excuse to go shopping to me. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Mukluk;7442642]
Black and Navy just don’t do it for me- way too boring. I searched and searched for a hunter green coat on ebay. FINALLY found one. That was 3 years ago. I’m sort of sad that they are getting popular because I liked being “unique.” The coat looks fabulous with my chestnut girl (and my green eyes). I’d really like to get a deep purple coat as purple is also a favorite color for me.[/QUOTE]